Rate Dr. Mary Beth Luca

Dr. Mary Beth Luca's Ratings

Dr. Luca was smart enough to diagnose that I have a rare Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma and not Psoriasis, which was the conclusion of two previous dermatologists. Although she's a lovely, very personable person, I go to her because she is a brilliant doctor. Whatever time I have to wait to see her, I'll gladly do because she's worth it.

Submitted April 4, 2014 | flag

Dr. Luca is busy for a reason. In demand as she is one of the finest derms in the city. Outstanding bedside manner coupled with great skill makes her worth waiting for. The crybabies who knock her for being busy haven't a clue. Her staff is first rate as well. Professional and punctual are two words which immediately come to mind.

Submitted March 8, 2012 | flag

I have to agree with other comments that Dr. Luca just does not know how to manage her time or scheduling. I had an appointment at 6:50 am and eventually had to leave before even seeing her after waiting for more than 1 hour ( 30 minutes in the waiting room and 40 minutes sitting in a paper gown in an exam room). I had a later appointment with a client that I couldn't miss. There really is no excuse for keeping patients waiting that long. We are busy people too and our time is important. I run my own business and I know that scheduling accurately and treating your CUSTOMERS with respect is how you stay busy and successful. It really is a pity because I have seen Dr. Luca for annual exams in previous years and she is a good doctor. I liked her clear explanations and her manner. However, I always had to wait and to leave patients waiting that long on a regular basis is totally unacceptable. Her staff were pleasant and helpful. Maybe they are used to unhappy patients.

Submitted Sept. 3, 2011 | flag

Don't waste your time! I have seen this doctor once for a skin exam, and the last appointment I went to, I waited an hour and she still hadn't come in the room! My husband had a first appointment with her at 6:50 am in the morning and he too waited an hour. What exactly do these doctors think? That OUR time is not valuable. I would wait for a gynacologist, but tell me what dermological emergency causes you to be an HOUR + late for appointments??? Seems to me nothing but ego and greed (overbooking?)

Submitted April 8, 2011 | flag

nice, clean office. did have to wait a little past appt time. nurses courteous and friendly. dr. definitely busy, but very good bedside manner with my 8 yr old. explained what she was doing and made effort to put him at ease. energetic and upbeat. nurse that followed up was the same. overall above average experience.

Submitted Nov. 18, 2009 | flag

VERY DISAPPOINTED. Don't even waste your time. I saw Dr. Luca for months trying to solve a skin problem. She put me on every kind of topical cream in the world, but nothing helped. Visits are VERY RUSHED after WAITING at least an hour plus every visit. She took a biopsy in 15 seconds and walked out of the room, called a nurse over to sew me up. Never saw her again that day. She called me personally (which I was shocked) to tell me the results of my biopsy. She said "ok, you have GROVER'S DISEASE"...not being a doctor I wanted a little explanation, because any kind of 'disease' sounds bad. So I started asking her a couple questions and after literally 45 seconds she said "you know I'm late for a meeting right now" and I said "oh by all means I wouldn't want to keep you" thinking she'd realize what a jerk she was being, and she said "ok, bye" and hung up. I have NEVER known a doctor as rude as her. She never contacted me again, I never went back, and I still have the skin issue.

Submitted Nov. 12, 2009 | flag

The first time I saw Dr. Luca went okay. She was a fast talker and I had to ask her to repeat slowly. I have seen her twice since then and have concluded the following: 1-she does not completely explain your condition and the treatment. YOU have to be sure and ask for details!!2- after the first visit-she is too quick-you are lucky if you get 10 minutes. 3-the wait time was so long---I have to leave work and drive across town to get there on time-then I had to wait in the gown for over an hour. 4-its the luck of the draw with the nurses-you could get a good one or bad one. The office staff could use some manners.

Submitted Oct. 28, 2009 | flag

extremely courteous, knowledgeable, caring, and attentive. i felt well taken care of in her office, by Dr. Luca and each member of her staff I encountered.

Submitted Oct. 19, 2009 | flag

Very Bad. Went there and she said all my acne would be gone with in 6-8 months and there was no change. Also the wait is horrible and she talks to you for about 30 seconds then leaves. Do not go here

Submitted Oct. 7, 2009 | flag

Dr. Luca is #1 in my book. I tried several different doctors and she by far was my favorite and cured my skin problem. I rate her a 20 out of 10.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2009 | flag