Rate Dr. Mary Beth Luca

Dr. Mary Beth Luca's Ratings

I have been a patient of Dr. Luca for over 10 years. Despite a terribly long wait time, I stuck around because she is competent and nice. However, more recently, I have dealt with pregnancy acne and made an appointment with the nurse practitioner to find a regimen that would help and be safe. I left with more questions than answers. I called on two different occasions over 2 weeks ago to speak to someone in medical to ask if they could recommend a safe product to use, but haven't heard back. I find this highly disappointing that as a loyal patient, I am receiving no support. Needless to say, I'm not going back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2593602].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

I went to Dr. Luca to have filler injected into my nasal labial folds & she was the worst injector I've ever been to. She left me with a bunch of lumps & bruises that took forever to heal. I had to go back 4 times it have it fixed but it never worked...I basically spent a month with lumps, swelling & bruises on my face. I asked for hyaluronidase to fix it, but she kept telling me to just massage the area but after almost a year of massaging they are still there. I finally gave up & never went back to her. I'm now working with a plastic surgeon to fix it & right away he said she should never have injected so superficially. I'm posting this in as many places as possible to hopefully help other save money, time & aggravation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2575954].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

Dr. Luca was smart enough to diagnose that I have a rare Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma and not Psoriasis, which was the conclusion of two previous dermatologists. Although she's a lovely, very personable person, I go to her because she is a brilliant doctor. Whatever time I have to wait to see her, I'll gladly do because she's worth it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2433965].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

Dr. Luca is busy for a reason. In demand as she is one of the finest derms in the city. Outstanding bedside manner coupled with great skill makes her worth waiting for. The crybabies who knock her for being busy haven't a clue. Her staff is first rate as well. Professional and punctual are two words which immediately come to mind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][933503].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

I have to agree with other comments that Dr. Luca just does not know how to manage her time or scheduling. I had an appointment at 6:50 am and eventually had to leave before even seeing her after waiting for more than 1 hour ( 30 minutes in the waiting room and 40 minutes sitting in a paper gown in an exam room). I had a later appointment with a client that I couldn't miss. There really is no excuse for keeping patients waiting that long. We are busy people too and our time is important. I run my own business and I know that scheduling accurately and treating your CUSTOMERS with respect is how you stay busy and successful. It really is a pity because I have seen Dr. Luca for annual exams in previous years and she is a good doctor. I liked her clear explanations and her manner. However, I always had to wait and to leave patients waiting that long on a regular basis is totally unacceptable. Her staff were pleasant and helpful. Maybe they are used to unhappy patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][933502].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2011

Don't waste your time! I have seen this doctor once for a skin exam, and the last appointment I went to, I waited an hour and she still hadn't come in the room! My husband had a first appointment with her at 6:50 am in the morning and he too waited an hour. What exactly do these doctors think? That OUR time is not valuable. I would wait for a gynacologist, but tell me what dermological emergency causes you to be an HOUR + late for appointments??? Seems to me nothing but ego and greed (overbooking?)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][933501].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

nice, clean office. did have to wait a little past appt time. nurses courteous and friendly. dr. definitely busy, but very good bedside manner with my 8 yr old. explained what she was doing and made effort to put him at ease. energetic and upbeat. nurse that followed up was the same. overall above average experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][933500].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2009

VERY DISAPPOINTED. Don't even waste your time. I saw Dr. Luca for months trying to solve a skin problem. She put me on every kind of topical cream in the world, but nothing helped. Visits are VERY RUSHED after WAITING at least an hour plus every visit. She took a biopsy in 15 seconds and walked out of the room, called a nurse over to sew me up. Never saw her again that day. She called me personally (which I was shocked) to tell me the results of my biopsy. She said "ok, you have GROVER'S DISEASE"...not being a doctor I wanted a little explanation, because any kind of 'disease' sounds bad. So I started asking her a couple questions and after literally 45 seconds she said "you know I'm late for a meeting right now" and I said "oh by all means I wouldn't want to keep you" thinking she'd realize what a jerk she was being, and she said "ok, bye" and hung up. I have NEVER known a doctor as rude as her. She never contacted me again, I never went back, and I still have the skin issue.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][933499].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2009

The first time I saw Dr. Luca went okay. She was a fast talker and I had to ask her to repeat slowly. I have seen her twice since then and have concluded the following: 1-she does not completely explain your condition and the treatment. YOU have to be sure and ask for details!!2- after the first visit-she is too quick-you are lucky if you get 10 minutes. 3-the wait time was so long---I have to leave work and drive across town to get there on time-then I had to wait in the gown for over an hour. 4-its the luck of the draw with the nurses-you could get a good one or bad one. The office staff could use some manners.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][933498].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2009

extremely courteous, knowledgeable, caring, and attentive. i felt well taken care of in her office, by Dr. Luca and each member of her staff I encountered.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][933497].votes_count ]]