Rate Dr. James E. Hardy

Dr. James E. Hardy's Ratings

Meh. Lot of hype. When I went to another dentist to check on the quality, it was very so-so. Avoid.

Submitted Aug. 29, 2013 | flag

I only rated Dr. Hardy's office so poorly because they misled me about what my insurance would cover. After coming to their office for a decade and being neighbors with Dr. Hardy at one point, they have stuck me with a $448 bill for two fillings - a procedure that I was told several times would be covered by my insurance. Rene, the receptionist, made a mistake, but never admitted to it and never apologized. I used to think Dr. Hardy was a compassionate person, but I now believe he cares more about money than about treating loyal patience with respect. I'll never come back.

Submitted April 16, 2013 | flag

Began with their office in 12/2011 and ended 7/2012. Jolie the hygentist is very good. Rene the main admin appt/insurance person is ok. Other two in staff are fine. Nice office environment. Dr. Hardy did a few fillings and one crown successfully for me. I did have to return several times over many months for him to drill down the fillings to get my bite correct so it didn't hurt to chew. Main problem was that he installed an implant crown that fell out 2 days later, and the 2nd time it fell out in his office at the end of the procedure. Changed dentists to get a proper implant crown done. He builds his crowns in his office, and it looked like a cheap temporary. He refunded the crown charge, but declined to refund the $375 for the metal abutment that he ordered from an outside company. I disputed the charge through my credit card.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2012 | flag

Love the little house, koi pond, waterfall, chimes, healthy air, mercury-free service & flouride-free toothpaste. The staff is aloof, but the quirky hygienist, JOLIE, takes the utmost pride in her work & is extremely thorough w/ the BEST CLEANINGS ever! Hardy is polite, cool, quiet, calm & distant. His prices are way over usual & customary. They pulled the No Children Rule with us, but we firmly/politely explained our children would be reading or watching quietly IN THE EXAM ROOM just like we do when we take them to the dentist. They never liked this, but didn't challenge us again. Of course, if any adult or child is being disruptive, they must leave, but the insurance excuse is a lie. They just don't want to be bothered with anything outside their usual routine & don't like kids. I agree most aren't pleasant to be around, but give them one chance to prove themselves different from the norm if parents feel their child is capable of watching quietly.

Submitted March 21, 2011 | flag

WONDERFUL HYGENIST - OFFICE - I was 10 mins late due to traffic and they made a huge deal, claimed they already took down the tray of tools and it was a chore to keep my appointment.DENTIST pretty good, but really disappointed when I was told my 5 year old daughter was not allow at future appointments due to his insurance policy. My child didnt move a muscle the whole time and the hygenist went above and beyond to make her feel happy with crayons and such. I almost believe it was discrimination because their office does in fact see children 5 and up..so their insurance policy SURELY covers her! maybe he had a bad day but I also believe for standard exam/cleaning he is just way way too expensive. I would reccomend him for removal and placement of fillings though because he can be trusted. Although I was a bit disappointed that he didnt discuss options of chelation either before or after my amalgam removals or any herbals/homeopathics to take prior and such. That is very important

Submitted June 23, 2009 | flag

My husband & I go to him. He listens & does a good job at what he does. His staff is great. We adore his hygienist. She is the best ever!

Submitted March 1, 2007 | flag

Best dentist ever. He is very personalable. He acts like he's your friend and takes his time. He is also mercury free, and that is good.

Submitted Aug. 24, 2004 | flag