Rate Dr. Jonathan T. Deland

Dr. Jonathan T. Deland's Ratings

I was born with more problems in my feet and ankles than I can describe. i wasnt able to live a normal life and was in tremendous pain whenever i used my feet. I saw the best doctors in America only to be told that my issues were inoperable and I'd have to live my life in pain. I finally found a highly rated doctor and he botched my surgery. My already horrible feet got worse :(. My day to day life was not fun.

5 years later I was tipped off by a relitave in the medical field to Dr. Deland. I was told that he's supposedly the best in the world, but he won't take just anyone and he commands a "premium". I pleaded my case and he seemed intrigued and diognosed me and said i could be helped. He said I'd always be in some degree of pain, but he could relieve most of it. Two years after my surgery, I'd call it successful. I can now walk miles. Before my surgery, half a city block was impossible for me to walk.

Dr. Deland is an odd guy. He doesnt have an outgoing personality, but I could care less because he knows his stuff and could do what no other doctor could do- He fixed me. He'sstraight to the point. He gave me his cell phone number if i ever had a problem. Hes been very caring, as has his staff in my post-op visits. I couldnt reccomend him highly enough. If you have a unique orthopedic problem that no one can fix, go se what Dr. Deland can do for you. He really is the best at what he does.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2670839].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2015

As a physician myself, I did extensive research to choose the best-qualified doctor for my foot surgery. This lead me to Dr. Deland, and I am very satisfied with the outcome. Dr. Deland is an outstanding surgeon who corrected my painful foot problems and restored my foot to normal function and appearance. My experience with Dr. Deland was entirely positive; I would recommend him without reservation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2591494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

Dr. Jonathan Deland - you get what you pay for - the best. Formidable skills. Practical and pragmatic and extremely thorough. Forget it if you want bed-side manner! I would rather have the best and a no nonsense approach. My surgery was a big deal and it took all of my Summer away but I am walking and through it now. I could not be happier. And an exquisite job in terms of scars or lack of scars for what looked like Frankenstein Foot four months ago. I had over 20 stiches. October 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2589534].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Dr Deland may be a terrific surgeon, but he had absolutely no bedside manor, which for me, was everything towards my recovery. He was indifferent, and uncaring each and every time I went for follow-up. My healing from a bone graft, took much longer than was expected and I felt he wished I would just go away and not bother him which inhibited my recovery!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][935351].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2014

Dr. Deland went to Harvard, the number 1 medical school in the US before attending Columbia. He is excellent in diagnosing, even takes your foot pulse, can read the fine print of bones in an x-ray and reccomends elegant, artistic work. He is straight-forward and caring, and even called me on his cell to answer myriad questions. Super organized and buttoned up staff. There is no one better. Even his shoes are elegant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][935350].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2013

In addition to being perhaps the most revered doctor in his specialty, he has a very well organized office and intelligently recommends one physical therapist whom he has found to be most effective post surgery. If I have foot surgery again, I would only return to him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][935349].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

I had an old achilles tendon injury that hadn't healed well, then my the inside tendon ruptured below the ankle. I tried a custom Arizona brace from another doctor. It didn't help. The foot deformed so I had to have bone grafts, tendon transfer, ligament repair, and lengthening of achilles tendon. The surgery was 4/15/10. I stayed at HSS 3 nights. The recovery was difficult, painful, life changing. However, it was what I was told up front. I used a knee cruiser to get around for months. But by September I was hiking in a cam boot. On 2/8/11 I had the hardware removed, as the plate on the top of the foot was painful. I can't thank Dr Deland enough for getting so that I can walk again. He's incredible, patient, caring, worth the wait, and every penny I paid!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][935348].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2011

Dr. Deland is by far the most exemplary specialist I have seen in my 61 years. He is an impecable surgeon, his staff in ofc and OR could not have made my surgical experience any better. There is no problem communicating with him/staff by phone or email. Incredibly prompt and assuring. I did not experience any " surprises" with surgery/recoup. The HSS is top notch in patient interest. Highly recommend Dr Deland. State of the art knowledgeable, honest, concerned with the patient as a whole and meticulous and assuring. All questions answered and felt everyone was available for me whatever my needs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][935347].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2011

Deland was an artistic genius in reconstructing my deteriorating foot. I now have complete flexibility with my reconstructed tendon and ankle.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][935346].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2011

Exceptional - difficult/complex problem that was solved - virtually no one else could have accomplished - ankle replacement...professional in every respect - could not be more enthusiastic re every aspect ranging from diagnosis thru recovery...and Hospital For Special Surgery is first class in every respect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][935345].votes_count ]]