Dr. Jonathan T. Deland

Dr. Jonathan T. Deland

Rate Dr. Jonathan T. Deland

Dr. Jonathan T. Deland's Ratings

Dr Deland may be a terrific surgeon, but he had absolutely no bedside manor, which for me, was everything towards my recovery. He was indifferent, and uncaring each and every time I went for follow-up. My healing from a bone graft, took much longer than was expected and I felt he wished I would just go away and not bother him which inhibited my recovery!

Submitted Jan. 31, 2014 | flag

Dr. Deland went to Harvard, the number 1 medical school in the US before attending Columbia. He is excellent in diagnosing, even takes your foot pulse, can read the fine print of bones in an x-ray and reccomends elegant, artistic work. He is straight-forward and caring, and even called me on his cell to answer myriad questions. Super organized and buttoned up staff. There is no one better. Even his shoes are elegant.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2013 | flag

In addition to being perhaps the most revered doctor in his specialty, he has a very well organized office and intelligently recommends one physical therapist whom he has found to be most effective post surgery. If I have foot surgery again, I would only return to him.

Submitted April 26, 2011 | flag

I had an old achilles tendon injury that hadn't healed well, then my the inside tendon ruptured below the ankle. I tried a custom Arizona brace from another doctor. It didn't help. The foot deformed so I had to have bone grafts, tendon transfer, ligament repair, and lengthening of achilles tendon. The surgery was 4/15/10. I stayed at HSS 3 nights. The recovery was difficult, painful, life changing. However, it was what I was told up front. I used a knee cruiser to get around for months. But by September I was hiking in a cam boot. On 2/8/11 I had the hardware removed, as the plate on the top of the foot was painful. I can't thank Dr Deland enough for getting so that I can walk again. He's incredible, patient, caring, worth the wait, and every penny I paid!

Submitted March 12, 2011 | flag

Dr. Deland is by far the most exemplary specialist I have seen in my 61 years. He is an impecable surgeon, his staff in ofc and OR could not have made my surgical experience any better. There is no problem communicating with him/staff by phone or email. Incredibly prompt and assuring. I did not experience any " surprises" with surgery/recoup. The HSS is top notch in patient interest. Highly recommend Dr Deland. State of the art knowledgeable, honest, concerned with the patient as a whole and meticulous and assuring. All questions answered and felt everyone was available for me whatever my needs.

Submitted Feb. 9, 2011 | flag

Deland was an artistic genius in reconstructing my deteriorating foot. I now have complete flexibility with my reconstructed tendon and ankle.

Submitted Feb. 5, 2011 | flag

Exceptional - difficult/complex problem that was solved - virtually no one else could have accomplished - ankle replacement...professional in every respect - could not be more enthusiastic re every aspect ranging from diagnosis thru recovery...and Hospital For Special Surgery is first class in every respect.

Submitted Jan. 5, 2011 | flag

Had a major foot surgery after hearing good reviews. Long waits, astronomical costs, unbearable pain. Problem not fixed. Worst experience of my life. Will impact me for the rest of my life.

Submitted Dec. 20, 2010 | flag

I broke the bones in my ankle in three places - and after waiting for four days at another hospital to have surgery (although I was told that I need the surgery ASAP!) I left and went at HSS. Dr Deland so me in the morning and in the afternoon I had the surgery - no pain ever since, and everything is going well!I highly recommend him!

Submitted July 7, 2010 | flag

Dr. Deland performed three surgeries during 1996-1997 on my left foot and ankle joint. Without his professional and excellent care I would not be walking today. He is the best! Thank you Dr. Deland.

Submitted May 2, 2010 | flag