Rate Dr. Maya Patel

Dr. Maya Patel's Ratings

Made me pay cash for a 3 office shots and should have been sent to emergency room where insurance would have paid for it.

Submitted June 15, 2014 | flag

We were long time patients, following her through several moves. But when wait times got to 3 hours, and the staff never responded to prescription refill requests, we couldn't take it any more. She's a wonderful person, and a wonderful doctor, but her lousy staff lost us as patients.

Submitted June 4, 2014 | flag

My impression is that she is a good doctor who always tries to do the right thing. She does spend a lot of time talking to her patients, and so wait times can go up. Personally, I'd rather wait for a doctor who is willing to listen to me rather than one who rushes me out of the room, and she is worth the wait. I never felt rushed out of the exam room, and always felt like she would be there to help if things were not going well. I always found her to be friendly and polite.

Submitted Feb. 26, 2014 | flag

I was a new patient to this practice and was very impressed by the doctors bedside manners, knowledge and beautiful office

Submitted Aug. 25, 2011 | flag

As a patient for many years since before she began her private practice, this doctor has provided me and my family with great care. However, over the past few years, the quality of care has declined somewhat, I think due to patient overload and other outside requirements. The wait time over the years was very miminmal unlike now it takes quite a wait to be seen. I have to ask questions to find out what's wrong. I know that she still cares for her patients but I think more focus should be brought back to patient care and needs. The staff turnover has been high over the past few years. I never have any problems getting an appointment but I do not like that I have to now return for test results requiring another office visit co-pay or the additional cost for a same day appointment. $50 (really)? Dr. P is my PC but I really would like to see more focus on personal care instead of the prescription pad.

Submitted Aug. 17, 2011 | flag

Always late. Emphasis is on not being sued for malpractice. Does not interpret charts correctly. Patient cannot get exam results without paying for an office visit. We have changed primary care away from her.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2011 | flag

I used to love going to this doctor and have been a patient even when she was on Hwy 6...back then I felt the service was more personable, now it's like she is quick to write prescription to put a bandaid on the problem. The older lady who answers the phone is very impersonal, however the younger lady and the nurse are friendly

Submitted April 12, 2010 | flag

Very knowledgable and has very good bedside manners. She makes you feel very good after the visit

Submitted Nov. 21, 2009 | flag

Always late, always overbooked. Staff turnover has been out of control. She cant seem to keep good people working for her. At some point it becomes the leader. She knows what she is doing but her adminstration skills are horrible. Pack a lunch because you will sit for a long time!

Submitted April 30, 2009 | flag

Her staff is tops. They all have very good intentions & they try to use humor. Too bad if some folks don't get it (lighten up & get a life). Her punctuality is poor, & sometimes you end up doing a lot of waiting. She's on way too many hospital boards & committees, and she does overbook frequently. I've found morning appointments most problematic - that's when she does her rounds & sometimes I guess she gets delayed. She knows what she's doing & she tries to help out. If there are any questions in her mind she’ll give you tests to find out. I know there are some things she’s said that she wishes she could take back, but the problem is she’s human. Unfortunately, because she's so overworked she often has to rush appointments & she doesn’t always get back to the consult room. She sometimes messes up on prescription orders (not type or dosage, but quantity - which can get expensive) & sometimes you need to make multiple calls to make sure she & her staff have phoned into the pharm.

Submitted April 7, 2009 | flag