Rate Dr. J. Dean Cole

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2490860].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2469934].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

After reading a couple of reviews, I was concerned about the wait times and whether the doctor would talk to me in lay terms. Since I travel 60 minutes for the appointments, I always expect to be there for 2-3 hours. Thankfully, the appointments have averaged only 2 hours. The staff is very pleasant and helpful and Dr. Cole spends as much time with me as I need to fully understand his diagnosis and the treatment plan. I have had 2 surgeries so far and have another planned for this summer. Dr. Cole is a very kind and caring person who is interested in helping others improve their lives. I am very pleased that Dr. Cole has been able to improve my lifestyle with his brilliance and surgical skill. I would recommend this doctor for anyone that needs specialized orthopedic trauma care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2434152].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

I saw the PA from Dr. Cole's office at Florida Hospital South, and was diagnosed with a torn ACL and possible torn PCL and was sent home in a knee immobilizer. I was in a lot of pain and was having difficulty getting an MRI scheduled through my insurance and was in intolerable pain. I return to the ER on Saturday and saw another of one of Cole's PAs and received some of the worst treatment I have ever received from any doctor. I was treated as a waste of their time and told that having a blown knee was no big deal and could be repaired whenever and just deal with it. The following Monday, we called the office when they opened and explained the situation, the staff was extremely rude and was unwilling to obtain the hospital records from their own group at Fl hospital. Furthermore, I was told it would take a couple of weeks to get an appointment for an MRI. I called Dr. Reuss' group at Orlando Ortho and received prompt and courteous care. Don't waste your time with poor service.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][937210].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2013

It is very unfortunate that this practice is so poorly managed, because the surgery is great. I would NOT go back. I had problems with staff communication from day one--never had a phone call returned. I could accept that, but was dismissed when I had a life threatening allergic reaction by the staff. They are also misleading about the costs--read the fine print--you are likely to be handed an out of network bill over a year later. STAY CLEAR FROM THIS GROUP!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][937209].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2013

DR. COLE IS A MIRACLE WORKER! I broke my collar bone very badly in a car accident. After two sugeries with a local(Rockledge) Orthopaedic Doctor I had a painful non-union of my collar bone which pretty much rendered my left arm and shoulder useless. I could not lift my hand over my head. I went to Dr. Cole and he grafted bone from my knee to repair my collar bone and restore almost full motion to my arm and shoulder. Thanks to Dr. Cole I can fully use my left arm and shoulder today!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][937208].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2013

My husband and I got back from this office today and let me inform anyone thinking about this doctor to be prepared for a long wait, INCREDIBLY rude staff and a hurried office visit. I could not believe how rude one of his nurses were and how little they cared for me as a person. As soon as I would start a sentence about my condition, the tall, blonde nurse would cut me off and hurry out. When I commented about seeing another doctor because they could not see me before 3 weeks, and I needed medication that was not going to make me doped up so I could care for my infant daughter, she said "Why would you do that?" When I asked if it was going to be a problem, she acted like the doctor may not even see me. Completely unprofessional staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][937207].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2013

DR. COLE IS THE BEST DOCTOR OF THE WORLD..I am so proud of him. Love you Doctor Cole, for giving me a second chance in normal living. Also, I wanted to drop you this note to thank you again for putting me back together. All factors considered, it couldn't have gone better and my quality of life has improved drastically, you have given me the greatest gift...... Love you Dr. Cole. ANNIE ARCHBOLD

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][937206].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2012

The surgeon (Cole) did come by for a minute to mark my son’s leg, and explained that they may have to do a body cast. I expressed concern over our need to get back to Charlotte NC, our hometown and he said that the necessity of the body cast would depend on the severity of the break. He did not fully explain the procedure, he acted very busy. After surgery I was addressed by Dr. Cole and felt that he lacked a general concern over my child’s care. He was arrogant and acted as if I was lucky to have him caring for my child. He explained the procedure briefly and left. He spent maybe 45 seconds with me. Ironically, the wires the surgeon inserted into my child’s leg began to protrude and he went back to surgery on two weeks later to have them reinserted.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][937205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2011

Dr Cole is a wonderful doctor! Look up his fan page on facebook! Dr J Dean Cole, Orthopedic God!! His patients love him and his previous employees respect and admire him!! He can fix just about anything... and hes a nice guy to boot!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][937204].votes_count ]]