Dr. Jim Walker

Rate Dr. Jim Walker

Dr. Jim Walker's Ratings

On our appointment day, We waited for 2 hours in the waiting room for my 2 year old to see Dr. Walker. Finally when we were called in, 2 interns took all the information, and then we waited further to see Dr.Walker. When Dr. Walker saw my daughter he barely looked at her skin condition and rushed out the door. I contacted my daughter's GP to get the report because no questions were answered at the appointment itself. After a month a report from Dr. Walker still had not been sent to the referring GP so we still have no answers. My husband has tried to call the office and has left messages but no one has returned our calls. No one has been helpful and we feel like Dr. Walker was not interested in helping our daughter or answering our questions.

Submitted May 28, 2014 | flag

Dr. Walker is a very nice and caring person, very busy so be prepared to wait an hour or so to be seen, but with the lack of dermatologists in Ottawa this is expected. He will listen to your wants and compare it to what he thinks is the best treatment for you. I have had psoriasis for 20 years now and he was able to give me the same basic help of all other dermatologists. *** However *** He is not always the doctor I see, 90% of the time I end up talking to a student or resident, which I am all for helping education, but I tend to feel like a lab rat so I am finding another dermatoloist. For basic skin problems this is fine, but I am trying to be cured, not tested on.

Submitted May 14, 2011 | flag

Dr. Walker is the best. A wonderful doctor, and a wonderful person.

Submitted Jan. 5, 2010 | flag

Dr. Walker saved my life by removing a melanoma on my leg in 1999. For nearly 10 years, he has done annual checkups. He cares so much that people can live and enjoy life. He knew that dance is my passion and at each check-up he aks me first if I am still dancing. Because of him, I can always answer, "Yes!" That seems to be all he wants from me. The thing that's so special about him is that he has no airs or snobbery, has never once been condescending or grouchy. He has a smile that could light the world. He works terribly hard because there are few people of his specialty in Ottawa.

Submitted Jan. 12, 2009 | flag

GREAT guy! really funny and laid-back and at the same time very intelligent and knowledgeable. Was almost 2 and a half hrs late one time, but then again, there are only 13 practicing dermatologists in Ottawa...

Submitted Dec. 8, 2007 | flag

Excellent doctor. Only dermatologist to get to the bottom of my problem. Great bedside manner, very caring.

Submitted Nov. 12, 2007 | flag