Dr. Alan C. Schlaerth

Grad. Year: 1998

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 25/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. Alan C. Schlaerth has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Oncologist / Hematologist-related: cancer, lymphoma, anemia, sickle cell, breast cancer, lung cancer, melanoma, leukemia, blood disease, tumors, radiation, chemotherapy, CML
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3589097
28/10/13 5 5 5 5 My OB/GYN referred me to Dr. Schlaerth. She wanted to make sure I was in good hands if it turned out I had ovarian cancer. It took almost 4 weeks to get in to see him (trust me, I kept calling to see if there were any cancellations so I could get in to see him sooner but no luck) and, after that initial appointment, I immediately felt I was in the hands of a competent, knowledgeable, and caring medical professional. His appointments run late only because he takes all the time necessary to answer any and all questions you, the patient, may have. He explains everything fully and makes it easy to understand for the patient, regardless of their educational level. (Never in a patronizing way, mind you. I'm a college grad.) Definitely worth the wait. I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone seeking a qualified gynecological oncologist. My husband and I opted for surgery after discussing it with Dr. Schlaerth. My prognosis looks good. I thank God for putting Dr. Schlaerth in my life.
Respond

25/09/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "PASADENA" to "Burbank"
RID: 2741211
30/07/13 1 1 1 1 I'm very disappointed to this Dr. Alan Schlaerth. The worst & unprofessional! I spent two ultrascans & MRI which he ordered. Doc, they are not cheap! Result had been sent twice to him but no result no word to me. I left all my id detail & messages, wait..still no follow up to me, the patient. Really.. Really is this how our medical system now? I left to people to evaluate this Dr. Alan Schaerth.  Respond
RID: 2692592
24/06/13 5 5 5 5 He is one of the best doctors, he gives my wife convidence when she met him in Alen's office.my wife not even speak English, but she realized she is in a good hand. there is no word can describe my wife how much she relief from her pain mentaly. she talks a lot about Alen to her friends she said she is lucky to have a good doctor Like Alen.  Respond
RID: 2641248
06/05/13 5 5 5 5 I was 22 when my primary doctor refer me to Dr. Schlareth , I had two surgeries first one to remove tumors second to remove basically everything on my left side that was near the tumors since test came back borderline, both surgeries were done by Dr. Schlareth. He explain everything to me sidepros and cons he even drew a picture on everything. He is very polite, he took pictures gave me a copy of the tumors I named big bertha was the size of the basketball he did his very best not to leave a scar. He even talked to my family while they waited. He went to check up on me at the hospital twice a day. He was just incredible. I have a small barely there scar about a inch or smaller. Oh and I was six months pregnant while all this was going on my baby is healthy am healthy all thanks to Dr. Schlareth
RID: 2499233
13/12/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Schlaerth is the most caring skillful doctor that I have had. I was send to him by my oncologist and just went threw breast cancer. He answers all questions that day. He helped me identify precancerous cells and how to take care of myself and not let it grow into cancer. He makes it a comfortable experience for 55 year old woman. Even now that I have a HMO insurance that he is not a provider for i will pay cash to see him. He is not just OBGYN he is oncology OBGYN. So when i walk out I pretty much know if things are looking good this is the most peaceful feeling when you are a cancer survior.  Respond
RID: 2477600
18/11/12 5 5 5 5 I feel lucky to have been sent to Dr. Schlaerth. He sensitive and caring. I have the highest degree of trust in him. I wish more doctors were like him. He treats me the way he would want his wife, mother etc. treated.
Insurance: Secure Horizons
RID: 2432386
24/09/12 4 4 5 5 Dr. Schlaerth was consulted due to a complication from IVF after oocyte retrieval. I was seen by his PA and later seen by him at a hospital. Great bedside manner. Very skilled doctor who operated on me and after a successful procedure I am recovering nicely. He is highly rated and based on my first experience with him, I can say I agree that he is one of the best in his field. When I went for a follow-up visit at his office there were many patients waiting. I was seen fairly fast for my appointment time. Highly recommended doctor!
RID: 2395057
07/08/12 4 4 5 5 After I was diagnosed with Cancer, I was referred to Dr. Schlaerth. I was hesitant to see him because I wanted a specialist at UCLA, after my first appointment with him, I was made to feel so at eased and he explained everything to me, my husband and my daughter. He answered all the many questions we had, and we had many. I saw him several times prior to my surgery, he and his staff made me feel so comfortable. I increased my level of trust as I was scared as you know what. Dr Schlaerth assured me that he would take real good care of me and he did just that. On the morning of my surgery, he came in sat with me after I was prepped for surgery, talked with me and my family and I really felt that I was in good hands. Dr Schlaerth never let me out of his care. All through my recovery he was attending my needs. I am still under his care and will be for the next 2 years. I had my surgery in 2009 and I am doing great. I Love Dr. Schlaerth and all that he has done for me. You will Too!
Insurance: Medicare
Respond

11/07/12 SYSTEM: combined ratings from Oncologist / Hematologist listing (DID: 3340186)
RID: 1685971
13/01/12 4 4 5 5 His lobby is always full and it takes approximately 30min to an hour to see him on some days BUT he's worth the wait. Very kind and very knowledgeable.  Respond
RID: 1666986
21/12/11 5 5 5 5 I would recommend Dr. A. Schlaerth to anyone! He was efficient, patient, and gentle and kind.
RID: 1537035
14/09/11 5 3 5 5 Dr.Schlaerth saved my life! I went to the E.R. found out i had ovarian cancer, didnt have a clue. I was very sick actually dying when Dr. Schlaerth came to give me the bad news! He said he'd do his best to save me and he did!!! Thank God for him. Still under his care he will have to operate on me again, but i couldnt be in better hands. I know i will be ok. Thank you doctor!!!  Respond
RID: 1410042
07/04/11 4 4 4 5 Has reputation as brilliant surgeon. He is very knowledgeable. Also, very charismatic & friendly. Can be abrupt & has tendency to run hot & cold. Otherwise, totally competent & capable doctor. Would recommend him to others.
Insurance: AARP
Respond

29/09/10 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 932110
08/07/09 5 5 5 5 I was referred to Dr. Schlaerth as the on-call doctor when the one I was referred to went on vacation for the second time in three months. I was in mega pain due to an ovarian cyst that had grown quite large. Perhaps it was fate, but Dr. Schlaerth turned out to be the most kind, caring and competent doctor I've ever been to and the one I would have seen otherwise turned out to be a schmuck. Dr. Schlaerth's presence and demeanor totally put me at ease. He takes the time to explain anything you have questions about or don't know, without making you feel like an imbecile. I healed up perfectly and was able to be up and walking around again in less than a week. Thank you Dr. Schlaerth! You're the best.
RID: 740183
09/12/08 5 3 5 5 I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Schlaerth. Like other posters said, if he is running late (which he usually is) he is totally worth the wait. I have been seeing him for over 2 years and he has helped me through being pregnant and having cervical cancer. He is the most amazing, warm, caring doctor I have EVER been to.
RID: 492127
23/01/08 4 2 5 5 If he is running late, he is WORTH THE WAIT! An exceptional doctor who is kind, patient and above all takes the time to explain what he is doing, why he is doing it and what the outcome he expects will be.
RID: 475154
02/01/08 2 4 5 5 Dr.Schlaerth is one of the best doctors I have ever met. He answered all of my thousand questions before and after surgery. He was confident and competent. He gave me the space and time I needed to make important decisions, and did not act superior. His skill as a surgeon is obvious to me, as I had a radical surgery and am recuperating amazingly well. He has given me a new lease on life. I recommend him highly.
RID: 443054
12/11/07 1 2 3 3 Dr. Schlaerth is specifically in gynecologic oncology. The doctor was professional. My complaint isn't with him, but his staff. Before I made my appointment, I asked if I was going to talk or he was going to examine me. She said "talk", but once I showed up I had a full exam (what if I made my appointment while I was menstruating?) I had to call numerous times to get my results and no one called back. I finally spoke with a nurse who gave me the results over the phone. My results were fine so I didn't need to go to my follow-up appointment. It didn't occur to her to transfer me to the front desk to cancel my appt or just walk up there and do it herself. So I called back and canceled. I was not there for an oncology reason, but for all the patients that are, I feel bad. The nurses and staff should be making their lives easier. They were unorganized and worse, a little cold. P.S. Due to the lack of doctors in this field, it will take time to get an appointment.
Insurance: Aetna