Rate Dr. Brent O. Menninger

Dr. Brent O. Menninger's Ratings

Dr. Menninger has his own style of note-taking, but through that process, and my tracking my activities, his diagnosis was spot on. He is very knowledgeable. I highly recommend him.

Submitted Nov. 13, 2012 | flag

He is wonderful. He really talks to you and leaves you feeling like you have a course of direction to solve your problems. I'm very satisfied.

Submitted June 6, 2012 | flag

was wrong and led me to believe I was sicker then I was. He tried to tell me I was psychotic when I was not

Submitted Feb. 6, 2012 | flag

Dr. M makes sure that I am well and meds are doing what is expected. He listens! And he pushes back with perfect balance so you leave knowing you are on course. He is also accessible and on the rare occasion when you need to speak to him on the phone, he calls you back promptly. I like that he does not seemed swayed to prescribe whatever the pharma-sales companies are pushing and that he knows how they all work so you have options in getting what works best for you.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2012 | flag

Dr. Menninger is amazingly present and available to his patients. Unlike many other doctors he puts up no walls between himself and his patients and is not condescending. He speaks plainly and his advice is practical. He not only is knowledgeable about medications, but also prescribes helpful adjunctive types of therapy. He has experience with and is comfortable treating a wide variety of problems / diagnoses, in contrast to many psychiatrists who tend to see and treat every case as depression, anxiety, bipolar or ADD. It is a great anxiety reliever to know he will return calls and emails promptly and because of this availability he has made me feel much less alone with my issues.

Submitted Nov. 23, 2011 | flag

I started seeing Dr. Menninger many years ago. Since that time he has become my "family" Psyciatrist. He has helped all of us a great deal with his knowledge and compassion. I HIGHLY recomend him to anyone. He has made a huge difference in my life and played a very big part in getting me to where I am now!

Submitted Oct. 11, 2011 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Menninger for 3 years for help with depression and adult ADHD. He is great! I have been doing wonderful and will continue to see him! I highly recommend him.

Submitted Oct. 5, 2011 | flag

I say, "ditto" to the other two comments as of 6-24-2011...and, I add that Dr. Brent Menninger actually truly cares about his patients--some doctors grow complacent just a year or two out of residency--not Dr. Menninger. He recognizes differences and individuality but knows all about the commonalities within mental illnesses. He learned along with me with patience, understanding, and an open mind. That is invaluable in any doctor--but particularly a psychiatrist! I thank him for his enduring influence. from: l997-99

Submitted June 24, 2011 | flag

This doctor I would highly recommend to family/friends. It took a very long time for me to find a medication I was comfortable with, and he was very patient,willing to help. I once needed medications outside of office hours,and he came to his office at 7 o clock at night on a friday to assist me. I never had a late appointment,and he does not overcharge in my opinion. Most supportive doctor I have met.

Submitted July 24, 2009 | flag

This doctor is the best you will ever find. Very helpful, very knowledgeable, listens well and addresses issues, as well as researching solutions when something is not working. He goes above and beyond any psychiatrist I have ever met. I have referred others and they improved tremendously, including myself. He also follows up with paper work, that day, which is rare. He is probably the hardest working and most knowledgable psychiatrist in this area. I would recommend him to anyone wanting to get well, because I have had several other doctors, but nothing changed. After seeing Dr. Menninger, my like turned around. He is real, honest, and makes you feel comfortable. But most of all, he always looks for solutions and is always successful and understanding. If you are having problems, do yourself a favor and make an appointment. I cannot say enough about this incredible doctor. Highly, highly recommended.

Submitted Nov. 9, 2007 | flag