Dr. David B. Auerbach

Website: eyephy.com External Link
Practice: Eye Physicians Of Central Florida
Hospital: Orlando Regional Medical Center
Phone:407-767-6411
Med. School:New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology
Grad. Year: 1993

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 09/07/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. David B. Auerbach has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: does he accept Humana insurance?    Email me    Answer it

Dr. David B. Auerbach
Ophthalmologist-related: eye treatment, eye diseases, vision, eye surgery, corneal surgery, oculoplastics and reconstruction surgery, intraocular lens implantation, refractive surgery, cataract surgery, corneal transplantation, glaucoma, low vision, uveitis, corneal infections, hereditary dystrophies, eye laser surgery, vision correction surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

14/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.9
RID: 5648524
14/07/14 4 4 2 3 My first visit was impressive. The second to pick up my prescription was a bit of a roller coaster ride. The prescription was incorrect and it was like pulling teeth to have it corrected. I had to go back and bring my glasses and old prescription before it all got corrected. In the interim, I was advise to "just go ahead and fill it!" Then, they would evaluate whether it was right or not. Who does this?? Not as office I would return to or recommend.  Respond
RID: 5552932
10/06/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Auerbach is an excellent doctor and so kind. I had cataract surgery on both eyes. My prescription was very high and now I see 20/20. Also very nice staff.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 5439255
02/05/14 5 5 3 5 Fastest Doctor I've ever dealt with......always in a hurry. But also probably the most knowledgeable and professional, once you slow him down.  Respond
RID: 5339997
10/04/14 5 5 5 5 excellent service and excellent surgery results highly recommend this doctor
RID: 5235226
12/03/14 5 5 5 5 I recently had cataract surgery (Technis lens). There is not a single negative comment that I can make about the experience. Dr. Auerbach's office runs like clockwork. Rarely did I wait for anything...tests, interview with doctor, etc...for more than ten minutes. The staff was VERY knowledgeable (Where did the practice find so many qualified people???)and VERY friendly. The surgery facility and staff were remarkable. I especially enjoyed the tenderness and compassion of the nurses and doctors as they interacted with the older patients. NEVER did I hear an abrupt word uttered! As for the results of the surgery, I recommend the Technis lens to those who are medically qualified to receive them. Their selection requires financial sacrifice, but the freedom from glasses is a wondrous gift to oneself. Everyday I utter a prayer of thanksgiving for the gift I received from Dr. Auerbach's hand. Can't help making the Scripture connection of the healing of the blind man...miracle! Thank you!
RID: 5232031
10/03/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Auerbach preformed my cataract surgery and gave me the Tecnis Intraocular Lens. He was so quick, professional, and skilled. I love the results!  Respond
RID: 3630801
12/12/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Auerbach performed my cataract surgery in November, 2013. My vision was restored to 20/20. I was completely satisfied with the result, particularly my ability to see colors and distant objects more clearly. Dr. Auerbach and his office and surgical support staffs are friendly, competent, and efficient. The procedure is painless and they make the experience as pleasant as possible. Appointment times are closely adhered to.
RID: 3609549
19/11/13 5 5 5 5 I had cataract surgery in both eyes. I was extremely happy with the results. My vision for long distance was as good as it was when I was thirty and my near vision only needs the lowest number in reading glasses. He and his staff were very helpful, explaining everything as we went along. The staff were excellent in their courtesy and taking care of things in a timely manner. I never waited a long period of time from the time I went into the office before I saw Dr. Auerbach, he was professional and caring. I would recommend him to all my family and friends, also to anyone who is looking for an ophthaimologist.
RID: 2898530
06/10/13 5 5 5 5 This doctor is both highly skilled and caring. He did my cataract surgery this summer. His staff could not be more helpful and supportive. The attitude of excellence is everywhere in his practice.
RID: 2679682
14/06/13 5 5 5 5 Ihave never had such kind and professional by the doctor and his staff.
RID: 2643258
08/05/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Auerbach was very professional, friendly and competent in his dealings with my brother. He removed cataracts from my brothers eyes without any complications and he can now see perfectly! His staff was courteous and dedicated to getting the surgery completed in a timely manner. I would recommend Dr. Auerbach and his staff to anyone looking for eye surgery.  Respond
RID: 2636303
30/04/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Auerbach is thorough and professional. He is also friendly. He is quite skilled. He came to see me right before each surgery. I am amazed at the results. I went from over 20/300 to almost 20/20 after surgery. There were no problems. I would recommend Dr. Auerbach to everyone.
Respond

28/04/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2620902
18/04/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Auerbach is a great doctor. He is professional, highly skilled and truly cares about his patients. His staff is incredibly helpful and understanding. They all care about providing the highest quality healthcare available. Dr. Auerbach has truly changed my life by giving me back my eyesight!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2613401
10/04/13 5 5 5 5 Great Doctor ! Recommed to everyone, will go back for second eye
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2608948
05/04/13 5 5 5 5 Fantastic patient care, knowledge, and understanding. Takes time to listen - a people person. The absolute best eye care I've had in 71 years.
RID: 2600985
27/03/13 5 5 5 5 Great at explaining eye surgery procedures. Very patient and helpful. I will use him again.
Insurance: AARP
RID: 2596207
21/03/13 5 5 5 5 I was terrified to have cataract surgery on my eyes. Dr. Auerbach and his wonderful, professional staff helped make it an absolutely positive experience. I HIGHLY recommend these awesome people.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2583331
12/03/13 5 5 5 5 doctor auerbach is very professional. easy to talk to and answers all questions. office staff is great. appointment right on time. would highly recommend to everyone.
RID: 2582926
12/03/13 5 5 5 5 We were one of Dr. Auerbach's first patients in 2005 and since that visit and continuing to the present, we have been completely satisfied with his professionalism and personal touch. Dr. Auerbach has always taken time to discuss everything we need to know about our eyes. He takes time to listen to what we have to say about our problems. When we first saw him, we lived about 6 miles away, now we travel 62 miles one way because we rely/trust his judgement. He has done surgery twice on my wife and she/we were very pleased with the results. I am 76 years old and as long as I am able to drive I/we will make the 124 round trip because he is reliable, competent and good.
RID: 2582736
11/03/13 5 5 5 5 I had a life-long, very pronounced astigmatism. Dr. Auerbach completed my cataract surgery, implanting toric lenses. I now have 20/20 distance vision in both eyes and perfect close vision using $5 readers. I strongly recommend Dr. Auerbach
Insurance: Tricare
Paid (or co-pay): $2700
Respond

27/09/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1258529
25/09/10 4 3 3 3 After reading reviews, I went to Dr. Auerbach for vision problems. I felt very rushed and he did not explain anything. I imagine he is very knowledgable but was in too much of a hurry to show it. Will go elsewhere
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

04/04/10 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
* - Rating left by a registered user