Rate Dr. Joy B. Chastain

Dr. Joy B. Chastain's Ratings

I didn't even make it past Abby the one who answered the phone. She was awful. She was sacastic and rude. I've heard good things about the doctor but if this is what I would have to deal with upon calling the office each time, I think I will keep looking.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624249].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

I never actually saw Dr. Chastain, but I did see several PAs at the office. Time was never taken to look at the health concerns I had, and communication was terrible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2519910].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2014

Great office! Staff is always helpful! Yes you do occasionally have to wait in the waiting room but I chalk that up to how good they are! When you're good you're in demand!!! :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2512753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

Have been to her as a patient 4 or 5 times for skin rashes or moles. Maybe once had to wait 45 minutes, but usually no more than 20 minutes. The staff is a lot more outgoing than a few years ago, but I've never had anything other than a good experience. Dr C is very smart and sweet to anyone who is not hostile to begin with. Often wonder about the type of people who write scathing reviews. The problem is certainly not with Dr C.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2512215].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2014

I have been a loyal patient at this office for many years, but have recently seen a drastic drop in the level of patient (customer)service. I appreciate the knowledge of the staff, but feel very confident their knowledge level can be easily matched by another dermatological office. I would like to be considered more than an account number and a general inconvenience by the receiving staff. I believe it is time for me to look elsewhere...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2434245].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

I absolutely love the staff and it is always a wonderful experience. i was brought back on time and the nurses were extremely helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2434244].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

The WORST, most unprofessional staff I have ever seen!!! They were very rude and not nice. I would NEVER, EVER recommend this office to anyone....not even my worst enemy!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][939571].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

I have been to Dr. Chastain's office once and I will not return. I received lab work and was told they would get back to me within a few days. I was planning to leave the country soon and was reassured my medicine would be available before then. When the next week approached, I called to find my results, and was transferred to three different voicemails. The woman answering the phone was very impatient with me, even as I explained I was leaving the country within the next day and was told my medicine would be available beforehand. My mother called the office and explained the situation. They said they had my results and would call me that day. I never received a call before I left for my trip. It was impossible to get a real nurse on the phone who genuinely wanted to help. Also, I was very concerned about my biopsy results, as it could be serious, but the nurses did not seem to share the same concern for me or a willingness to help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][939569].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2013

Every time I come to this office I arrive at least 5 min. before my appointment time. I have waited as long as 40 min. before they took me to the exam room. The staff is very unfriendly and are not helpful (especially some of the nurses and front desk). I am disappointed because my dermatologist recommended this office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][939568].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2013

I will never go back to joy chastains office again. I showed up at my appointment after taking a whole day off work for it and when I got there I realized I left my insurance card. I told themmy primary physician was next door and could get a front and back copy of it. Plus get my dentist to fax a second copy. They refused it!!! They said I had to give them a valid copy or pay full price. They never once offered to try calling blue cross blue shield. The desk was rude and it was uncomfortable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][939570].votes_count ]]