Rate Dr. Rosaline Salo

Dr. Rosaline Salo's Ratings

This doctor writes prescriptions and sends you packing. She shows no care or concern. After asking some questions regarding medication doses and showing her a little online research of my own, she told us we could deal with our family doctor and that she didn't want to see us again. NON supportive. Told me the issues I was having with my son were my parenting. Although she may be knowledgeable, she has bad manners and talks down to you. I wanted a doctor not a drug dealer. She gets a 0 from me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][940325].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2011

was a complete b***h towards me. i did not at all feel safe in her office. i know the truth needed to be told about stuff and that was fine but the whole thing where she didn't listen to me she really did frighten me when she started to say big words she made me feel bad as a person and should really die i came for help and thats what i got. personally i don't recament this dr at all. im 17 and came out for help and she was no help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][940324].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2011

dr salo was not a good dr at all, she switch my sons meds up and had no follow up, she was told about his change and that he was going into the hospital, she was contacted many times and never heard a responce back..it has caused much stress in my life as now my son has been put into foster care because of everything that happend when his meds changed..she has cause much stress on our lives..i thought dr were supposed to help you, not ignore your help when its needed

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][940323].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2011

Nasty, short tempered, and takes offence to discussing options. Lady before me left in tears.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][940322].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2010

Really makes my son feel cared about. Always gives him positive feedback. Straight forward. A good match for us. My son feels safe and relaxed in her presence. Sets more time aside than any other Phychiatrist we have seen in the past. She is firm, but listens well, to thought out suggestions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][940321].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2010

She is a very rude arrogant physician! She has no ability to assess a youth's situation from an unbiased, respectful position. No other mental health professionals will work with her due to her rudeness and completely inappropriate manner! As a parent I would take my child to a vet before ever taking him to her again!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][940320].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2010

Best for teens. very candid with them about the effects of their actions and the consequences - tells it the way it is!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][940319].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

I took my 15yr old son there and each time we both felt as if we were being lectured. By the end of each session my son would be very upset and would have been better off never going into her office

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][940318].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2009

Dr. Salo is fantastic!! She is the only Child Phychatrist in town that relates directly to the children. She will actually tell them to take thier feet off the couch, stop picking your nose ect. She is also very good at explaining to a child why they are in foster care, why a new mdication is being tried etc. She doesn't sit analyzing things forever, she is actually willing to try things even if there new. Her honesty, straightforwardness and her ability to verbally relate to the children (she is helping) is above any one else in town. I have been in all the Kelowna offices. I wish all the kids that come into foster care could see her. But we all know how hard it is to change Dr.'s or even request a 2nd opinion. PS Dr. Salo is also the one who is actually making her own opinions she isn't taking a "mental health" teams view which can be a lot like playing the old child's telephone game. I totally recommend Dr. Salo I trust her 100% she cares and is truly concerned.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][940317].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2009

Hi i think dr.salo and her staff are very unprofessional and have called me 2 times for 10 minutes each about stuff that doesent make ANY sence like '' i know that your appontment will be on a monday, but i dont know what one.!!!'' And she also wanted my mom to sighn a concent form to bring up all of our court documents from the past in order to belive her. And in other commets how people have said that she (Dr. salo) cant empithize with others , and if someone cant be able to talk and dissguss problems with people than she shoudent have that kind of job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][940316].votes_count ]]