Dr. Elizabeth T. Sergile

Grad. Year: 1999

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 2.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 8 reviews. Dr. Elizabeth T. Sergile has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5523657
05/06/14 3 3 3 1 I was a patient of Dr Sergile's for many years; however, after multiple issues with her not being able to offer comprehensive care I have decided to move on. I have a history of strep throat and when I came in with signs for strep throat (for the 5th time that year) she tried to convince me that I had acid reflux. At the end of the appointment she looked at the strep test and saw that I did indeed have strep. She has provided my incorrect information in the past and does a poor job of discussing solutions for health issues. She has misinterpreted test results, discouraged me from having medical procedures that other doctors in the practice and outside specialists encouraged (results were positive and solved a major medical issue).
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 5478758
15/05/14 1 1 1 2 I had a very unpleasant experience with Dr. Sergile and her staff. Unfortunately, I had a scheduled appointment and was given the wrong address for the office (Marietta instead of Atlanta). I called the office to find out the location and let them know I would be late. I arrived at the office 35 minutes after my scheduled appointment and was told by the receptionist that Dr. Sergile refused to see me because I was late. I then asked to speak with the Office Manager who too refused to speak with me in person. I was told I could make another appointment. Yes, I was late but it certainly did not warrant the unprofessional conduct exhibited by the doctor and her staff. This doctor's inflexibility, lack of concern and blatant disregard for people likely manifests itself in her patient care. It is no wonder why the ratings she and her staff have received from patients are so poor. I would NEVER entrust my health to this type of individual! It's in my best interest to go elsewhere!  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Elizabeth" to "Elizabeth T."
RID: 2835686
04/09/13 2 4 5 5 Dr. Sergile is terrific. She listens and after going to her for several years, she knows that I understand and manage my health issues and supports me in that. But even while we were in the process of building that doctor-patient trust, II always felt she listened. Moreover, she is good at looking at history and seeing patterns and doing what's needed to help me avoid preventable issues.
RID: 2581528
10/03/13 1 1 1 2 Staff=TERRIBLE. You can't call & talk to anyone;you have to leave a msg & wait for a nurse to call you back, (never same day). After worrying about symptoms I was having, she ran some tests while I was trying to check on my family history of certain illnesses. Her nurse, Kim, called to give me my results but didnt explain at ALL and seemed irritated at my questions, just saying "Dr. Sergile says you are fine." Sorry but, if I am "fine" then why do I have these symptoms? Then, I told her that I did, in fact find the illness in question in my family, and that I wanted her to let the Dr know this. No response. I called, left a msg, and got no returned call. After waiting 2 weeks, I requested my lab results, so that I could take them to another doctor to explain. Now, THIS is the best part. Her nurse, called me back, literally, over TWO MONTHS LATER and left a msg for me saying that Dr. Sergile doesn't recommend any further testing. Really? Wow. Completely unacceptable in my opinion.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 2507778
20/12/12 1 2 1 1 Dr Sergile at first comes across a very concerned and caring doctor. She recently made a recommendation that I seek impatient treatment for mild depression. Based on my positive experiences with her in the past I trusted her and followed pursuit. This was the worst decision I made in my life. The facility I went to was something out of the 70s. After expressing my concerns with my wife, my wife reached out to Dr Sergile for some guidance, In short she told my wife to get deal with it. It took me three days to get released from this facility. Common sense would be for your doctor to follow up to see how things are going once you patient is released, especially if your wife reached out to you scared and concerned of the environment I was in. Not only have I not received any sort of follow up from Dr Sergile, her assistant and office manager have prevented me from setting up any appointments to see Dr Sergile.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2407854
22/08/12 2 2 1 2 Unfortunately this doctor was dismissive of my complaints and very rushed. She did not take the time to answer all of my questions - spoke about things that I am already knowledgeable of and did not do a thorough exam. This was supposed to be a thorough annual physical, but it was sorely lacking.
RID: 949301
28/07/09 4 4 5 5 Dr. Sergile is an exceptionally attentive physician. I have seen her several times as an alternate to my primary in the same practice. Although she is temporarily in Europe, she made arrangements to be back in Georgia twice a year and many people - not just her regular patients - are looking forward to her return.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 712418
29/10/08 5 5 5 5 Excellent Doctor. She has a great sense of humor and knows her stuff. I understand she has moved to Europe with her husband. I miss her already.
Insurance: Kaiser-Permanente