Dr. David De La Harpe

Rate Dr. David De La Harpe

Dr. David De La Harpe's Ratings

Suffering from back pain and sciatica, mistreated by GP's, physios and chiropractors. I found this excellent specialist who detected accurately my spinal problem (spinal stenosis). By that time I had been treated for bulging disc, doing the wrong exercises etc and that is because nobody cared to read the MRI report thoroughly. Anyhow, dr. de la Harpe didn't give any other option than to operate on my back in order to avoid future paralysis due to severity. Everyone at the hospital was really helpful and considerate, all staff memebers that called me prior to the operation to confirm personal details were empathetic, Dr de la Harpe's assistant, Craig, was absolutely incredible even after the operation. He cared to send all the paperwork, fix the accounts, treat my wound post operation. The operation was very successful. I can finally walk again, I can do my daily activities that I had stopped doing due to the pain. Thanks to Dr. de le Harpe I am very healthy again.

Submitted April 16, 2014 | flag

Mr De La Harpe in my opinion is a Rock Star I had pain in the legs for 18 months this pain was severe and related.to my back affecting my ability to get around . Mr De La Harpe recommended a laminectomy I was amitted within a week the surgery was a total success And I was up on my feet next day and totally pain free if you are in pain don't wait see your surgeon David has changed my life and given me back quality of life i cannot express how grateful I am to be in the hands of such a skillful and caring person thanks Pat

Submitted Feb. 2, 2014 | flag

I was in serious pain caused by a bulging disc . David De Le Harpe explained the risks involved with surgery and then gave me 2 options 1.Rest with a possibility that there may be some relief or 2. Surgery . I took option 2. Best decision I have ever made. Mr. David E. De Le Harpe is an experienced and gifted Surgeon. With in 24 hours of having the operation I was up and about and more importantly PAIN FREE .My hospital stay was less than 48 hours.Words are inadequate as praise to this Wonderful Man. Mr.De Le Harpe's assisting staff in particular his P.A. Greg (who is a practiseing Nurse) were excellent.Epworth Hospital and Staff in my opinion would have to be the best in Australia.

Submitted Dec. 26, 2013 | flag

I had been diagnosed with L4 & L5 bulging discs. In trying to alleviate the intense pain, in conjunction with taking anti-inflamatories & pain killers, I tried all different types of therapies including remedial massage, chiropractic, oesteopathy , bowen, & physiohrrapy. Some provided temporary relief whilst others further aggregated my pain, but none fixed my problem. After entering the Epworth with excruciating L4 & L5 back & leg pain, I received excellent help & pain relief. I was privileged to have Mr David De La Hart attend to my condition. He was very understanding, helpful & prompt in alleviating my pain. I have nothing but great things to say about the help & relief that I received from the Epworth & Mr David De La Harpe. After the procedure my pain had immediately gone, as did the numbness I was experiencing in my foot. My archillies heel reflex also returned post operation. A+++++++++++++

Submitted Oct. 16, 2013 | flag

I have had considerable bad luck with chronic back pain over a number of years. When the leg pain flared up again to the point of 'unbearable' I consulted David for a revision laminectomy. David provided exceptional pre and post operative care. He is a gentleman, and a skilled surgeon. After the surgery, my leg was still in pain, although not as bad as pre surgery. David reassured me that this would take time to settle. Five weeks on, my leg pain is 90% better, and i am free of pain killers...I would recommend David to anyone seeking relief from pain....

Submitted Oct. 13, 2013 | flag

I had a micro done on L5 / S1 and I was up and walking in 4 hours! David is very friendly and explained everything very well. Highly recommended!

Submitted Sept. 20, 2013 | flag

Ive had quite a number of surgeries but had never been in so much pain. I couldn't walk, sit or lie down. Mr de la Harpe saw me at the Epworth after going into Emergency, did surgery the next day relieving the agony and the pressure on my nerve and now I'm home recovering. Mr de la Harpe was lovely and amazing. I'd recommend him to anyone. Thank you.

Submitted June 17, 2013 | flag

Experienced major back pain and had a MRI that showed a ruptured L5 disc that had a section pushing on my sciatic nerve. I have never been in so much pain. Went home thinking it may settle down. 2 days later couldn't walk met Mr de la Harpe within 25 mins of arrival at hospital who reassured me and booked me in for surgery the next day! Micro discectomy conducted walking the next day feeling like I haven't for years! Thanks to a very knowledgable surgeon who is the best in his field. A++++++++++

Submitted May 6, 2013 | flag

It would have been nice to have seen this doctor more than twice in 6 days during my stay in hospital.

Submitted March 13, 2013 | flag

Had C4/5 anterior cervical discectomy and fusion. Was feeling so good post-op I was able to be discharged the following day. Staff at Epworth Hospital and Dr De La Harpe were brilliant.

Submitted Feb. 20, 2013 | flag