You may also like

Rate Dr. David De La Harpe

Dr. David De La Harpe's Ratings

After watching a loved one suffer for nearly 20 years. Words of thanks are just not enough. Mr De La Harpe is a God in our eyes. My best mate is now pain free and up and about 3 days post surgery. I can't say enough how brilliant Mr De La Harpe is. Thank you for giving him back his quality of life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2733253].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

Saw him for the first time last week everything about him and his staff were great and sure if I need surgery I wil be in the best hands

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2703286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2015

I was in severe pain caused by a bulging disc . I found it impossible to walk more than 50 metres at a time and sleep was interrupted with constant pain down my right leg and ankle. I had tried physio, chiro, osteo and acupuncture of which none helped. In fact I think they made it worse. An MRI showed a protruding disc at the L4/5 level impinging my nerve leading to my right leg. The most difficult part was obtaining an appointment with a back specialist. After trying several specialists I was able to arrange an appointment with David De Le Harpe albeit a one month wait. During the appointment David explained the risks involved with surgery and then gave me 3 options 1.Rest with a possibility that there may be some relief 2. Cortesone injection for short term relief or 3. Surgery . I had reviewed numerous BLOG sites and web pages on microdiscectomies before this time so I took option 3. Best decision I have ever made. Mr. David E. De Le Harpe is an experienced and gifted Surgeon. With in 24 hours of having the operation I was up and about and more importantly PAIN FREE .My hospital stay was overnight only.Words are inadequate as praise to this Wonderful Man. Mr.De Le Harpe's assisting staff in his office and during the operation were excellent. Epworth Hospital and Staff are extremely professional and in my opinion would have to be the best in Australia.It is now day 6 post op and I only have very slight soreness in the back area. I am off all medication and feeling confident my daily walking routine will get my muscle tone back to where is used to be very quickly.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2692764].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2015

I am now 4 years post op and Mr De La Harpe in my eyes is a GOD. He gave me back my life after years of pain and disability. I thank him everyday for what he did for me. I am a new person and only look forward. I can absolutely recommend Mr De La Harpe to anyone. He is a lovely man, and his staff are fantastic. Thank you will never be enough!!!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2626391].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

I had an L5/S1 Microdiscectomy for a severely herniated disc and although I did not have any issues with leg pain I could not sit diwn in a chair or drive a car for longer than 10 mins without it becoming extremely painful. I spent 3 years trying in my opinion useless things like Osteopathy and Chiropractors that only made it worse and worse. I only wish I had had the surgery sooner. Almost a year on I am doing great and although I'm still careful I can now sit down in a chair again and do everything I did before the surgery. I am still recovering (probably due to the fact that I left it for 3 years) but I am feeling stronger and stronger every week. Thanks Dave !

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2558961].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

Suffering from back pain and sciatica, mistreated by GP's, physios and chiropractors. I found this excellent specialist who detected accurately my spinal problem (spinal stenosis). By that time I had been treated for bulging disc, doing the wrong exercises etc and that is because nobody cared to read the MRI report thoroughly. Anyhow, dr. de la Harpe didn't give any other option than to operate on my back in order to avoid future paralysis due to severity. Everyone at the hospital was really helpful and considerate, all staff memebers that called me prior to the operation to confirm personal details were empathetic, Dr de la Harpe's assistant, Craig, was absolutely incredible even after the operation. He cared to send all the paperwork, fix the accounts, treat my wound post operation. The operation was very successful. I can finally walk again, I can do my daily activities that I had stopped doing due to the pain. Thanks to Dr. de le Harpe I am very healthy again.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2434462].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

Mr De La Harpe in my opinion is a Rock Star I had pain in the legs for 18 months this pain was severe and related.to my back affecting my ability to get around . Mr De La Harpe recommended a laminectomy I was amitted within a week the surgery was a total success And I was up on my feet next day and totally pain free if you are in pain don't wait see your surgeon David has changed my life and given me back quality of life i cannot express how grateful I am to be in the hands of such a skillful and caring person thanks Pat

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][944419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2014

I was in serious pain caused by a bulging disc . David De Le Harpe explained the risks involved with surgery and then gave me 2 options 1.Rest with a possibility that there may be some relief or 2. Surgery . I took option 2. Best decision I have ever made. Mr. David E. De Le Harpe is an experienced and gifted Surgeon. With in 24 hours of having the operation I was up and about and more importantly PAIN FREE .My hospital stay was less than 48 hours.Words are inadequate as praise to this Wonderful Man. Mr.De Le Harpe's assisting staff in particular his P.A. Greg (who is a practiseing Nurse) were excellent.Epworth Hospital and Staff in my opinion would have to be the best in Australia.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][944418].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 26, 2013

I had been diagnosed with L4 & L5 bulging discs. In trying to alleviate the intense pain, in conjunction with taking anti-inflamatories & pain killers, I tried all different types of therapies including remedial massage, chiropractic, oesteopathy , bowen, & physiohrrapy. Some provided temporary relief whilst others further aggregated my pain, but none fixed my problem. After entering the Epworth with excruciating L4 & L5 back & leg pain, I received excellent help & pain relief. I was privileged to have Mr David De La Hart attend to my condition. He was very understanding, helpful & prompt in alleviating my pain. I have nothing but great things to say about the help & relief that I received from the Epworth & Mr David De La Harpe. After the procedure my pain had immediately gone, as did the numbness I was experiencing in my foot. My archillies heel reflex also returned post operation. A+++++++++++++

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][944417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2013

I have had considerable bad luck with chronic back pain over a number of years. When the leg pain flared up again to the point of 'unbearable' I consulted David for a revision laminectomy. David provided exceptional pre and post operative care. He is a gentleman, and a skilled surgeon. After the surgery, my leg was still in pain, although not as bad as pre surgery. David reassured me that this would take time to settle. Five weeks on, my leg pain is 90% better, and i am free of pain killers...I would recommend David to anyone seeking relief from pain....

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][944416].votes_count ]]