Rate Dr. Yoo Jin Chong

Dr. Yoo Jin Chong's Ratings

Great communicator, always takes time to explain and answer questions, very thorough.

Submitted Oct. 12, 2012 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Chong for over two years now. He has been very kind and knowledgeable. I have never had a better doctor than him. His staff has always been able to see me in a timely matter, even last minute. When my visits have been impromptu, he still takes his time to listen and provide professional feedback. He doesn't recommend unnecessary medications, labs or x-rays; but is more conservative is proactive. This said, his style has worked to my benefit as he has been able to find solutions to my health issues while minimizing the cost to me and my insurance.

Submitted March 5, 2012 | flag

Finally a doctor who listens, spends quality time with me, is gentle and kind.

Submitted Oct. 31, 2011 | flag

Dr. Chong has been my physician for 4 years now and without a doubt he has been the best doctor I've ever had. He actively listens, he discusses and he sincerely wants to solve whatever is ailing you. I also find him to be an extremely compassionate doctor (which is often times rare in a doc) who does not just provide cookie cutter diagnoses in order to keep the conveyor belt of patients streaming through. I have wholeheartedly recommended him to family and friends and the consensus has consistently been very postive experiences.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2010 | flag

Do you think that may just cause problems in a relationship? This doctor misdiagnosed me for genital herpes. He also ran blood tests that were unnecessary. Also his office rescheduled my appointment without me knowing about it until the last minute. Also, I asked the people in his office if this place was a "clinic", since I would prefer to go to a doctors office. They were quite defensive in saying it was "not a clinic". Other than that, they did forget about one of my tests and I had to REMIND the doctor to do it. If this is the future of medicine with most doctors, the city of Carlsbad is in for a rude awakening.

Submitted Dec. 2, 2009 | flag

Dr. Chong is a very nice person and takes the time to sit and talk with you as a patient. I sometimes feel that his extensive knowledge with strange conditions can sometimes lead him to overlook the more simple diagnosis. I was slightly bothered when I found out that the blood work that I had done to check for a variety of conditions was not covered at all by my insurance company until after I received a bill from the lab. I do appreciate the more conservative approach that the doctor has when it comes to medications. He starts with meds that may have fewer side effects and are not as harsh on the body before stepping up to something bigger. I'm satisfied with the service I've received thus far, but I can't say I'm entirely thrilled or happy enough to stay in the future.

Submitted Oct. 22, 2009 | flag

I went to Dr. Chong for a year, starting with what he diagnosed as TMJ - I had a sudden onset ache in my jaw and I do not grind my teeth but he was the doctor so I listened. I then started having tingling in my hands & feet, heart palpitations, shortness of breath, body buzz, and severe insomnia. He told me over and over that I had anxiety and prescribed me Xanax and Paxil - the only anxiety I had was that these symptoms came out of nowhere and he could locate them so he deemed me an anxious girl. The symptoms increased no matter whether I took the Xanax & Paxil and I finally told him I didn't want to take addictive substances and that I did not think it was anxiety. After going into his office once a week for 2 months straight he told me I needed to see a psychiatrist. So I made an appointment with another doctor and tested positive for Lyme Disease. I've been suffering with Lyme for a year and Dr. Chong didn't even look into that avenue, and my symptoms are TEXTBOOK for Lyme. Beware.

Submitted April 22, 2009 | flag

Great Doc, extremely knowledgeable. The person rating Dr. Chong above with the ear infection is an idiot and doesn't understand medicine.

Submitted March 27, 2009 | flag

He gives wrong diagnosis. He is arrogant and uncaring.

Submitted Nov. 27, 2008 | flag

Dr. Chong is the best internal med doctor I've ever found. He truly cares about his patients and there condition. As a new patient your able to get in to seem him in about a week, no other doctor around could get me in as fast. Ill be keeping him as my primary doctor as long as I stay in San Diego.

Submitted April 24, 2008 | flag