Dr. Ian Yu

Rate Dr. Ian Yu

Dr. Ian Yu's Ratings

I found Dr. Yu friendly and helpful at the beginning but following surgery, as a positive outcome became more and more unlikely, he became less helpful and more cranky. I eventually had my foot operated on again by an orthopaedic surgeon and the result is fantastic. I would keep looking if I needed to have foot surgery.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2014 | flag

Waited for over two and half hours only to be scolded for taking up too much of his time(less than fifteen minutes) when I asked some questions. Very poor attitude. Didn't care for the lack of cleanliness in his offices either. Have found another podiatrist.

Submitted Nov. 28, 2013 | flag

Was referred by my Podiatrist for Extracorporeal shock wave therapy. Three 10 minute treatments for just under $700 and no improvement. That hurt.

Submitted Nov. 28, 2013 | flag

This Dr. is all about maximizing cash flow. He has average knowledge but be prepared to wait and be processed in the mill.

Submitted May 10, 2013 | flag

Time is an issue at this office!!!! You wait & wait!!!!! As of Sept/2011, it was decided that I needed surgery. The Dr. forcasted March/2012---I got a call in May for a surgery date 2 weeks away.I had already booked a trip and couldn't make the date. I begged NOT to be put at the bottom of the surgery list. Every few months I would phone into the office to try and find out my status, and would get the same answer every time. By Sept/2012, I was fed up with waiting!!! My life had been on hold--pending this operation!! I seeked out another Dr., and am happy to say that my main problem has been solved WITHOUT surgery!!!!!! I feel like I've wasted money & time with Dr. Yu. Oh, and to this day I have not heard from his office, re: my surgery date!!!!!!

Submitted Dec. 27, 2012 | flag

I have found this doctor to have good knowledge and patience explaining things to me as a patient. His sterile technique is very good (I'm a nurse and watch carefully how doctors perform). My only beef is that I wish he would find a more modern, spacious and cleaner looking office. Doing sterile technique in his present surroundings (although done correctly), seems to contradict the procedure. This might help his clerical staff to be more efficient and not to overbook so that patients have to wait long for their appointments. This is a real issue here in this office. I come from out of town aiming to be on time for my appointment.....and then to have to wait another hour for the doctor to see me is very frustrating.

Submitted Oct. 22, 2012 | flag

Dr. Yu was very friendly and very clear about my options. He got rid of my ingrown toe nails and made sure I was ok through the whole thing.

Submitted June 27, 2012 | flag

If you want to waste your money go to him. They have no sense of time. You wait and wait. I waited 2 hours to see him and that too he was not answering my questions. Run as fast as you can

Submitted June 15, 2012 | flag

I am a diabetic with neuropathy and required surgery on my foot. I was referred to Dr. Yu and although punctuality of his appt. times are not one his strong suits, it's a small price to pay for someone who is as competent as Dr. Yu. He bonds with the patient very well and his bedside manor is excellent. I had the surgery in his Van. office under a local anesthetic and never felt a thing even though I had a piece of bone sawed out of my foot. Dr. Yu takes his responsibility seriously and will take time to phone you at home if necessary or if possible take the call when you phone if serious. His follow up care has been above expectations and has been a wealth of knowledge of many concerns I have had. I have never visited a better podiatrist 30+ years of needing their services. I honestly feel you can't do any better in the lower mainland.

Submitted April 2, 2012 | flag

I had a Morton's Neuroma removed four months ago and tendon lengthening done on my right foot after difficulty walking for months previously. I was pretty scared of everything I would be going through and Dr. Yu made me feel totally comfortable and he explained everything in great detail and spent so much time answering my questions/concerns. I injured my foot after the surgery and he has been an incredible support in my recovery. I recommend Dr. Yu to anyone! Thank you for everything :)

Submitted Nov. 22, 2011 | flag