Rate Dr. Zaheer Alvi

Dr. Zaheer Alvi's Ratings

I realize that Dr. Alvi has passed away but I really need to let people know that he WAS NOT a competent doctor. My 13 year old daughter had tubes put in her ears when she was 7.....at 10 Dr. Alvi put her under to remove her tubes. He told us the tubes were gone and must have fallen out on their own. A couple of weeks ago my daughter started to complain about her ears and that they were draining and infected so I took her to the ER. I was then informed that she still has tubes in her ears and could have permanent ear damage. So sorry to say but Dr. Alvi should have retired long before the age of 81. It is his patients that will suffer because of him continuing to practice well past the normal retirement age. Please have all past surgeries of Dr. Alvi's checked so you don't have to go through what we are.

Submitted July 29, 2012 | flag

Dr. Alvi has passed away, so anyone who feels the need to slander him based mostly on your opinion (are you a doctor??) then you should feel ashamed! Some of the comments on this site are disgusting and show a lack of education in regards to the health industry & how things operate. Some are just plain bullies.

Submitted June 13, 2012 | flag

I had Dr Alvi remove part of my uvual due to snoring around 10 years ago.When it came time to discharge me he was nowhere to be found. Didn't check on me after the surgery, didn't leave a prescription for the pain and didn't discharge me. I had to sign a paper saying I was leaving the hospital so all risks were in my hands.

Submitted April 21, 2011 | flag

I went to this Doctor several years ago because I was having breathing problems, probably in large part due to allergies. He told me I had a deviated septum and if he corrected this it would help improve the breathing problems. I specifically asked him if it would change the appearance of the outside of my nose to which he replied "no it would not." I was naive and believed what he told me without questioning. Following surgery I found that my nose had changed drastically, but of course he would not admit to this. Overall the surgery made me feel worse than before and I was left trying to find a doctor to correct the outside appearance. Every doctor I consulted with who reviewed the operating report could not understand why he had performed surgery in the way that he had. If I could turn back time I would as he basically ruined my life. I would like to caution anyone considering surgery to be careful and not to do it unless there is no other alternative.

Submitted Sept. 17, 2009 | flag

Dr. Alvi has done so much for me and i appreciate everything. Thank you

Submitted June 14, 2008 | flag

My 3 children all received ear tubes from Dr Alvi. He is very nice, and competent. I would recommend him.

Submitted April 19, 2008 | flag

I went in for septoplasty. He didn't leave any follow-up information with the nurses. I couldn't get in to see him until at least two months after the surgery because he left the country for a vacation (without telling me). When I finally got to see him, I was unimpressed because my septum looked exactly the same as before the surgery. He said wait a couple more months for any swelling to go down. My next appointment was 203 months later and I was very unhappy because there was no visible change and no improvement. He then said that he likes to do small changes and more surgeries after so that he doesn't do too much at once. I already used up my sick time away from work at a busy time to have this surgery which I waited almost a year for. Now I have to wait again for another little surgery to see if it's a little bit better this time? I think he's a decade, or two, overdue for retirement.

Submitted March 6, 2008 | flag

Dr. Alvi is very good with my son, and did a great job doing his ear tube surgeries. He is very knowledgeable and answers all of our questions. My son really enjoys going to see him. The only bad thing is that our appointments always seem rushed, like he doesn't have all that much time for his patients.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2007 | flag

This Dr. is good at what he is trained to do, and he greets you like an old friend when you visit his office.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2007 | flag