Rate Dr. Donna Maziak

Dr. Donna Maziak's Ratings

Once again Dr. Maziak came to my rescue. I don't know why I read a couple of low ratings. After the surgery (removing my oesophagus) in August 2008 Dr. Maziak has followed my recovery progress and saw me on a regular basis. After 5 years she gave me a choice to see my family doctor for follow up or remained with her for the 5 years. I have an excellent family doctor but I wished to remain with Dr. Maziak. I am very happy to have stayed with her with those follow-ups. She is keeping a close watch on my progress and I have complete trust in her. She always makes certain that nothing falls short and my wife and I know that she will do all she can to keep me healthy. Lately after she notice a possible problem with my lungs she had me scheduled for a CT Scan within one working day. We love her. It should also be mentioned that she has the greatest staff around. I do not mind if I have to wait awhile when I have an appointment. It only tells me that she is a good and thorough doctor and is helping other patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2526826].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2014

Was seen by Dr. Maziak for an initial consult for stage IIa cancer of the upper esophagus.
She was not willing to discuss anything, rather, she stated that she would not do the surgery. She did not indicate whether or not she could do it, nor did she offer to refer me to a surgeon that was capable of doing that procedure. I have received a second opinion, and am of to Toronto to have the required surgery.
She could have told me that over the phone. A total waste of taxpayers' money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2497191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

Though I tend to feel intimidated by Dr Maziak, I would not have wanted any other surgeon to perform major thoracic work on me. It's been over 5 years and Dr Maziak still likes to check on me annually, requesting follow up tests when I complain :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][946237].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2013

Dr. Maziak performed my thymoma surgery in December 2012. After the surgery, I remained in the hospital for only two days, and did not have any complications. I was extremely pleased with the care I received from Dr. Maziak and her team. I highly recommend Dr. Maziak as she demonstrated every great quality one would expect from a surgeon. Her empathy, knowledge and confidence truly made me feel safe under her care. I cannot thank her enough for everything she has done for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][946236].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2013

Dr. Maziak did a very comprehensive pre-operative work-up, answered all questions, took her time, and was pleasant. She kept us informed every step of the way.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][946235].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2012

Dr. Maziak was my surgeon in August of 2008 which performed the surgery for the complete removal of my Oesophagus. She has been treating me since the surgery. My wife and I love Dr. Maziak. We believe that she saved my life from a dreadful cancer as I am still free from this dreadful cancer. Her staff are the best always helpful to me. God bless her!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][946234].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2011

Dr Maziak has been great to me. In my two appointments with her she took great care to ask if I had any questions or concerns. Given the types of horrible situations she must face she carries herself well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][946233].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Dr. Maziac is very Knowledgeable,very helpful. She is very nice,takes care of her patients; take the time to explain every detail to the patient, answer to all questions. I went to see her twice, always smiling, giving confidence to the patient, reassuring the patient and simplifying big problems. She knows her job. We must be very proud of her as she is an asset, thank you Dr. Maziac.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][946232].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2011

Dr Maziak saved my dad's life even though he and my mom (a GP) were difficult at times and wanted second and third opinions on everything recommended. Dr Maziak went out of her way to contact me and get me involved and along to the appointments when my parents kept putting the surgery off and disputing the seriousness of my dad's condition. I'm sure most people would have just given up. Dr Maziak was thorough, thoughtful, very knowledgeable and very very patient. Dr Maziak consistently followed up (even when my dad didn't show up for his MRI and a couple of appointments) and told us exactly what had to be done and that we couldn't keep putting it off. Then she did what she said she would do and she was right about everything. She was great. My dad is fitter now than he has been for a long long time - the change in his outlook is so much more optimistic now he's feeling better. He's her #1 fan. Thank you Dr Maziak - I know my parent's didn't make it easy for you but you did a great job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][946231].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2011

Dr Maziak operated on me for esophageal cancer on August 18, 2009. Although initially I found that she seemed somewhat distant and abrupt in her interaction with me during diagnosis of my condition, she became more approachable after I got to know her better. She diagnosed me correctly even though she had limited test evidence to work with and saved my life because she caught the cancer early. She was extremely competent about followup particularly since I developed a complication from the initial surgery which required a second surgery in September to repair. I am one year cancer free and I owe my life to Dr Maziak. I would recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][946230].votes_count ]]