Rate Dr. Paul G. Rochmis

Dr. Paul G. Rochmis's Ratings

Dr Rochmis was very impressive. An excellent doctor in the 'old school' tradition who takes time to explain everything and he is obviously extremely knowledgeable. He is one of the best.

Submitted May 10, 2011 | flag

We trusted Dr Rochmis to care for our mother. She presented with all the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, but when tested she came up negative and so he refused to treat her for anything other than osteoarthritis. After 12 years in his care she had to have a very painful knee replacement. After her operation, I asked the surgeon if he had seen any evidence of rheumatoid in the knee. He said he had rarely seen a knee so badly damaged by rheumatoid arthritis and estimated that she had suffered from RA for at least SEVEN YEARS!!!! When I saw him, I told him I had been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and needed his help since my rheumatologist had just retired. He told me that there is "no such thing" and handed me an outdated article from The New Yorker which laid out both sides of the debate. I handed it back to him and told him my husband had read it to me already. "What did you think," he asked. "I divorced him!" I replied. He won't be treating any member of our family ever again!

Submitted March 4, 2011 | flag

A doctor with knowledge well beyond his specialty. Opinionated and honest about various "treatments". He is perfect for a candid second opinion. He is wiling to speak with patients using technical language and will read and comment about a research paper related to your illness that seems to be ignored by the general profession. He is compassionate without being maudlin or emotional.

Submitted July 18, 2010 | flag

Dr. Rochmis is an outstanding rheumatologist. He is knowledgeable, thorough, and well organized. His communication is complete as well as timely. I highly recommend Dr. Rochmis.

Submitted Nov. 26, 2009 | flag

Dr. Rochmis managed to diagnose my conflicting symptoms and test results that had confounded my primary care physician and other specialists for several months as my condition deteriorated. His extraordinary candor and explicit guidance were far beyond that which I have experienced with any physician. His opinionated, cantankerous manner were refreshing after having been fed meaningless pablum my multiple practitioners that nodded, frowned and only watched as I got "inexplicably" worse. If you want bedside manners, then go elsewhere, but if you want expert diagnosis and treatment, Dr. Rochmis is the right man.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2008 | flag

Dr Rochmis was the most thorough and compassionate dr my wife ever had. She loved him and he/office staff loved her back. He is very blunt but U give a little, he gives LOTS back. My wife wouldn't take any prescriptions, even novacaine for a tooth without the other dr contacting Rochmis. He actually gave my wife his home phone number in case she needed anything..and when was the last time any DR didthat. When I was waiting I could hear them both laughing and telling stories..in short she would have rated him a perfect 10.

Submitted Dec. 23, 2007 | flag

Dr. Rochmis' staff are lovely, polite people. He spent a great deal of time with me and was, initially very thorough. He is organized and has an efficient practice, and even provided me with a set of his notes before I left his office. However, he was quite arrogant, diagnosed me with a condition that I know I do not have, and would not justify his diagnosis. When we asked him to examine my hands--the real reason for my visit--he said that he'd do that at the next appointment. He wasn't very helpful, and was quite dismissive of other doctors' opinions.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2007 | flag