Rate Dr. Richard V. Guzzetta

Dr. Richard V. Guzzetta's Ratings

Dr Guzzetta is an excellent physician. He is an authority on addiction medicine. He is current with all the latest treatments and planning for patients who are dually diagnosed with chemical dependency and underlying mental health disorders. He may come across as short or uncaring but the opposite is true. He truly cares about his patients and wants them to succes

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2586743].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

Dr.Guzzetta is an odd sort he is short with conversation and a man of few words when answering your questions. He is always to the point and gives out very little complements or encouraging words.His bed side manner may not be the greatest.But my husband and I have been seeing him for a few years my husband has sense passed away and I do believe if my husband would of listen to the doctor he would be here with me today.Sure he has told me a few things I did not want to hear and at first I was offended but he was right and I needed that reality check. He is a no nonsense doctor he is a little tough but if you really are sincere about doing the right thing for yourself he is your man I have seen both sides of him and he is a good doctor and for me he has been the best if you just take the time to really understand him you will see why I like him so much.Thanks Doc , DW

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2556311].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

Being an addict for 17 years + (opiates), wasn't sure I could ever quit.Some how I was referred to him, & I am blessed to have received his professional help.He is a hard a**, and will call you on bull****(no joke, its what's needed to get the message across to any addict).Listen to what he says, and do what is required for a successful rexovery. Dr.Guzzetta was my first addiction specialist, and in hopes to be my last.Thanks to his help, I've been sober for a year :) For those who said "he's rude, he's mean, he has erratic moods" just shut it up, and sober up, apparently your still a bit sensitive to reality.. Seriously he's a teddy bear at heart, smart, honest, ok he is good looking too, and cares for his patients in ways that other Dr's sugar coats things as to where he ain't gonna bs you to begin with. Thank you Dr Guzzetta and to your staff as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2434618].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

After see guzzetta for treating my pain I would have to say he is the most uncaring dr i have meet he first asked me what I wanted from him and I said I want relief from my pain and his responses was thats not going to happen then when he learned I was an addict he wasore concerned about treating my additio which I did not need him for he took it upon himself to start changing my psyc meds which he had no right to do what ever u do stay away from this snake oil sales man

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2434617].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

Dr. Guzzette has been my Drug Specialist for over four years. He has very clear on letting me know what I needed and has been excellent in the way he spoke to me as well as his staff have always been very kind and attentive to me. I always look forward in seeng him without fear of any questions I might have being answered as well as feeling welcomed to be at my appointments. I am greatful in having him as my doctor. I do refer him to people I meet and people I know.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][947579].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2013

I went to see Dr. Guzzetta because I quit methadone cold turkey & I wanted him to assist me the rest of the way. When we sat down to talk he was asking me when was the last dose I took, I told him a full day, He was rude & said I was lying! Then he said I would be sick and throwing up in his trash can by now & he claimed I was wasting his time and to go to the methadone clinic for more drugs. I told him that I wanted off this crap NOT to get more! He told me to leave his office and that he didn't deal with liars. Well I ended up in the ER & almost died from a heart attack! Thanks for nothing you unprofessional & smug piece of work! I would think twice about going to this guy for ANY help, look somewhere else!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][947580].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2013

He doesn't bull****, nor does he accept it from others. If you want to be treated/cured, then he is the Dr to see. Just don't lie, and he will respect you. Although he has his moods, just remember, he's dealing with addicts, not toddlers. Some may say he is judging, I say he is an expert, they may not know the difference. Anyways, usually addicts end up dead or in prison, with Dr Guzzettas help, you will be in a better place in life. Just follow his directions, and BELIEVE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][947578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

Dr. Guzzetta is a wonderful doctor. He is knowledgeable and takes the time needed with you to explain things.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][947577].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2013

First appointment with this Dr. was not so breath taking I certently think he know what hes doing and have heard he is a wonderful doctor, one of the best in town but I have to agree his bed side manners need improving. He didnt seem to really be looking @ me while we were talking he was mostly on the computer but I'm giving his program a shot anyways since I'm desperate and I figured its about me getting better not about how rude and uncomfertable he makes me. So far i'm 3 days in and feel better than I ever have in years. And thats worth all the rudeness in the world. And if this works and my life can be saved as well then its worth it because I have 3 beautiful children that need there mom. Oh yea the front office staff is not the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][947576].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

I think that Dr.Guzetta is absolutely the best addiction doctor there ever was, and believe me I have dealt with many. I was a severe opiate addict along with any thing else I could get my hands on and this man saved my life!!!!!! I thank God every day that he and I crossed paths, his personal experience and his knowledge of addiction are truly amazing!!!If a person truly wants help this man is the doctor to see.He is very stern and isnt going to sugar coat anything and that is what some people cant handle, but we all know that if Dr Guzetta was anything but addicts can be very manipulative and would be trying to get over on him and addicts NEED this type of a doctor to get well! He is in my opinion an angel of God and I will never ever forget what he has done for me.....I have 7 years clean and sober!!! Thank You and God Bless this wonderful doctor!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][947575].votes_count ]]