Rate Dr. David F. Cryns

Dr. David F. Cryns's Ratings

Dr. Cryns is very assertive when discussing birth control. On every visit, even while I was still pregnant, he asked what kind of birth control I was going to use after the pregnancy. When I indicated my husband and I may not use birth control, he started telling me we would need 3 million dollars currently in the bank to raise our 6 children. When he discharged me from the hospital, he told me that I have too many children, and on his way out of the room he said he wanted to smack me. It is none of a doctor's business whether a patient wants to have many children, or whether she wants to use birth control unless she asks for the doctor's help. Dr. Cryns overstepped professional and ethical boundaries trying to convince me that I have too many children and that I should be on birth control.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2653426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2014

Rude,disrespectful, didn't even know why I was there for tests he ordered!! Plain old jerk.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2578173].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

Doctor Cryns was the best obgyn ever. I loved his personality and professionalism. I was with him for years with Ellis Hospital in New York as well as both offices in Latham, NY. He was very helpful and loving during my miscarriage and pregnancy both. I moved to Arizona about 6 years ago and haven't found anyone else like him. Although, i may have another to go to that has very good reviews as well and I just need my records transferred. I'm pretty sure they're not still with him but with his old company which makes me sad (been on hold with them for an hour). I hope his business has stayed small. I think when he went over to the new office in Latham, NY it was never easy to get ahold of anyone. I hope he's happy in CA now. I miss him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2563230].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

Dr. Cryns was my doctor for years in Latham , Ny he is an incredible specialist.I had so many problems with heavy bleeding and several surgeries but Dr. Cryns was the only one who could get me to stay on the medication. I went into labor because of a growth on my cervix and he took care of it promptly and treated me with the best care. He has such a great personality, funny and very understanding. The most important thing he ever did for me was to comfort me with the hope of having children one day. Dr. Cryns was the third opinion on a long journey with Drs. who ultimately wanted to give me a hysterectomy. He explained my condition, its limitations and it did not include no children. Thanks to him, I understand my condition well, and have hope to one day birth children. He took a scared, stubborn young girl and gave her the tools needed to be handle the emotions and face the difficulty with hope. Thank you Dr. Cryns for being more stubborn and firm than me when I needed a wake up call.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2434636].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

I went with my daughter to one of her last OB appointments with him. With her being a first time mother, he was very unhelpful. Did not want to explain what to look for when labor would start. Did not offer birthing classes. Told her "When you are ready to bear down and push go to the hospital and tell them you are having a baby." He would not answer any of her questions and when I tried to ask questions on her behalf, he told her during her delivery "I will find a nice place in the hallway for her during your delivery." I have MS and am in a wheelchair and she is my one and only daughter. His bedside manner is horrible and he seemed very arrogant and only about quantity and NEVER about quality of at least her visits. I am told by my daughter he has been this way every visit with her and she thought it was normal. He will NOT be delivering this baby as we are opting for another hospital where I am sure a more compassionate on call doctor would be of better use to her. He SUCKS!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][948076].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013

When I went into the ER with an etopic pregnancy and needed to be operated on right away, Dr. Cryns was the guy that got called and I really couldn't be more grateful! He was very professional, personable, and understanding of my concerns. I have never had a more empathetic dr, he was able to calm my nerves a bit durin stressful time with his precise explanation of what was happening inside of me and what he intended to do about it. He has continued to be as awesome every time I see him as he was upon that first visit, I can't say enough good about this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][948075].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2013

Dr. Cryns is AMAZING. I was trying to get pregnant & couldn't for yrs. I wanted to quit and he kept my spirits up. He was so dedicated & so in tune with my needs & he gave me his undivided attention everytime I needed him. He's such a great doctor, he found ovarian cancer in the developmental stage just by listening to my complaints and not blowing them off, like most docs. He not only peformed the surgery and got rid of the cancer, but he held my hand as I went under the anesthesia and was right there when I awoke. After surgery, he helped my husband & I conceive our miracle child, who's now 2 yrs old! :) I know a few women that see him and also have nothing but fantastic things to say about him. I've spoken with patients in the waiting room that I don't even know (just chit chatting) & they've all said that he's awesome, too. The staff at the office is really friendly, they're all very smart and they listen to patients. Go see Dr. Cryns, he's the best. More should be like him!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][948074].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2009

Dr, Cryns was my ob/gyn when I lived in Niskayuna almost 9 years ago. He delivered both of my high-risk pregnancies through c-section at Bellevue Women's Hospital. I thought the world of him and even more so when my husband died unexpectedly during the 4th month of my second pregnancy. He went out of his way to make sure I was taking care of myself and was of great comfort to me during those months. I moved away after my second child was born, but have not forgotten his humor and great bedside manner. I would highly recommend Dr. Cryns to anyone looking for a new ob/gyn.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][948073].votes_count ]]