Dr. Sonia Deora

Grad. Year: 1997

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 15 reviews. Dr. Sonia Deora has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5650351
19/07/14 1 1 1 1 The tech who drew my blood pitched me an offer to "make extra money" with what sounded like a pyramid scheme. Dr. Deora didn't seem too concerned about health questions I asked her. I was a smoker for about 10yrs. Theres been a white lump in my throat for 5yrs. When I asked her to look at it, she claimed she didnt see it but it was clearly still there when I looked. I called the office to tell them the lump was still very visible and present, her message was to gurgle with salt water. I was made to do my own research for vaccines. Once I compiled a long list from a site Deora directed me to, I faxed it to the office, expecting the doctor to compare the list with my records and talk me through my plans abroad to determine which shots I really needed. When I called, they only gave me a phone number. I asked what the number was for, the nurse seemed confused. I asked again, and if I was to now go to this unknown facility with my list of vaccines from the website, her only response was "yep!"
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2706319
11/07/13 1 1 2 2 Dr Deora is good but the staff memebers are very rude and dont pay attention to you.I would give zero to the staff.  Respond
RID: 2629747
28/04/13 2 2 2 2 Does not stay focused or seems less knowlegable on actual medical causes and issues but instead advice incorrectly.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 2534507
17/01/13 1 1 1 1 Dr. Deora is a great doctor, I give her a 5, my bad ratings is for how this place operates. I do not understand why it is so difficult to receive lab results. I called the main number and they tell me to call the lab number which you can never speak to anyone, it is just an answering machine. I already left multiple messages for them to call me and give me my results and still have not heard anything from them in a week. Also when you try to pay a bill over the phone, it is such a hassle, I called the billing number, they tell me to call the office. I call the office and then they want me to call the billing number i originally called. I called a different number that the office also gave me and the phone is not in service. Then the office gives me another number and it is an insurance company! I am trying to pay a bill and it is so hard but god forbid if i didn't pay the bill how fast i will be sent to collections. Their office needs to really get organized.
RID: 2481144
23/11/12 5 5 5 5 This is the best doctors office ever!the staff are very nice and patient,the doctor's are very dedicated to helping you in every and any way
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1782213
22/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Sonia is a very nice doctor.She will answers for your questions very detailed and oriented making sure your are convinced.. I am so happy with Dr Mendu & Sonia same office and both have my health history very well....Especially Today with Sonia.. :)  Respond
RID: 1678885
06/01/12 3 2 5 5 I would agree with the folks here no doubt she is very patient, hears you out completely, very detail oriented and never in a rush. I hate waiting but I comprise the lateness here for her. I am 30 M and for my age I must say I have had and still continue to have some ailments every now and then partly due to my immune mechanism. In the past I was subjected to heavy dosage of antibiotics and had to find a way out of this as I could see I was getting weaker. I found Dr Deora under accute circumstances when I could hardly even move and she has been very lucky for me ever since. Her way is slow and steady and benefits you in the long run. I would definitely recommend her to those who want quality but could tolerate the time delays. Excellent Doctor!!
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1496421
26/07/11 4 5 5 5 Dr.Deora is a great doctor, listens and understands your pain and gives 100% fixing and deal with your injury / problem.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 1441797
16/05/11 3 4 5 5 She is a very good doctor. She has been my PCP since 2007. You can ask all of your doubts and questions she will not rush you to finish. Will give detailed answer and she is very knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend her to anyone.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 1254247
20/09/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Deora is the best doctor I have had.She is very patient and takes her time.does not rush you out. I would recomend her to anyone. Staff is ok too.This doctor has moved to Princeton and is not in the group from Edison.
RID: 1167331
11/05/10 5 5 5 5 Dr.Deora Has been my PCP for the past, almost 5 yrs~ I followed her from Edison down to Princeton office. I would tell any one to go to her. She is excellent, thorough, kind compassionate.And really listens to all you have to say. I would not trade her for any other Doctor ever! I Love her! Not enough space to say how kind and good she is to me! She has guided me and still is though my many ailments, that are getting worse and scary & I am only 40. She explains all in detail and what to expect & if you don't get it,she will take the time to make sure you understand. Not many do that today! She doesn't forget thing's from appt. to appt. like other's.She remembers which, again not common today with Doctors.She is one of a kind! The staff and nurses are so excellent! They help all the way around and are prompt on all fronts. only downside wait room is small, but they will call your cell if you want to wait in car till then, so that makes up for it. Rachel Hersh  Respond
RID: 972097
25/08/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Deora is the best physician that I've ever had. She is so thorough, patient, and kind. Her office in Princeton has a great staff as well.
RID: 693239
29/09/08 4 4 5 5 Excellent doctor. The best I have ever come across. She has opened her own office in Princeton.
RID: 620046
20/06/08 1 2 5 5 Excellent Doctor, very patient, answers all questions, does not ignore any symptom, very comforting to talk with her and get your concerns addressed
RID: 433166
23/10/07 1 2 5 5 dr. deora is very detail oriented and follows through. She orders the proper diagnostic tests, but the staff is the worst i ever experienced! I had to switch docs due to the disorganized staff. They never return a phone call. if you have an emergency just go right to hospital. All the docs are very good! too bad staff isn't.
* - Rating left by a registered user