Rate Dr. Alan W. Hemming

Dr. Alan W. Hemming's Ratings

I approached Dr. Hemming for a 2nd opinion for my mom who was diagnosed w/ bile duct cancer w/lymph node involvement. The 1st surgeon said she was inoperable based on those findings. With a cure rate of less than 5% without surgery, it was a no-brainer to seek another opinion. Dr. Hemming & his staff were extremely professional, kind & responsive. They offered hope along with realistic expectations. They informed without bias. Not trying to push us in any direction. Unfortunately, several days pass & there is a correction to my mom's initial path report. It has metastasized to the liver. Dr. Hemming stated surgery was no longer an option. Despite this & not being an "official" patient, he still answered my follow up questions. He has an outstanding reputation. (I only wish I could have put him to the test!) Highly worthy of your consideration should u have the misfortune of needing such services. Google his name for information & youtube videos. Good luck to you & your family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][949348].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2013

Dr Alan Hemming operated on me at Toronto General Hospital in 1997 when I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He encouraged me to have radiotherapy post-operatively when it was not standard treatment here at that time. He provided excellent standard of care and gave me the facts without reservation, I am forever grateful for that and even though I have subsequently survived a recurrence of the same cancer, I know that I owe him the chance to be here in good health.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][949347].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2010

Cannot express sufficiently our praise for Dr. Hemming and his staff. My diagnosis of liver cancer was such a surprise but with Dr. Hemming's surgery, I am cancer free. The surgery was very difficult requiring some reconstruction but it was successful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][949346].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

Dr. Hemming performed my liver resection in 1998 at the Toronto General Hospital in Ontario, Canada were he practiced before moving to Florida. He literally saved my life and there are no words to express the gratitude or admiration which I have for this gifted Doctor. Canada's loss is indeed the United States'gain. Each and every day I am thankful for the blessing of having had Dr. Hemming as my surgeon. I am in my eleventh year of being cancer free. I love this man!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][949345].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2009

This man knows his stuff! He saved my life and is a miracle worker. I would highly recommend him, his staff and University of Florida Liver Transplant, Hepatic Disease department. He was very informative, told me what was wrong in terms I could understand without a medical degree. He was straight up and didn't tell me what I wanted to hear just because I wanted to hear it. He removed a tumor from my liver and did some extensive reconstructing of the liver and surrounding organs and tissue. I was terrified and had never had surgery before this operation. He is amazing! And so is my other doc at UF, Consuelo Soldevila! Many kudos to them both! I owe them lots of praise! I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][949344].votes_count ]]