Dr. Vincent Wu

Rate Dr. Vincent Wu

Dr. Vincent Wu's Ratings

Words cannot express my admiration for you Dr. Vincent Man Yin Wu. On November 10, 2013 you have saved my life and I'm so very thankful to have had you as my surgeon. I had suffered for almost 5 months with Severe Menorrhagia (heavy bleed) and Severe Anemia. Dr. Wu was my emergency surgeon at the RVH here in Barrie. Dr. Wu was very knowledgeable regarding my condition and suggested for me to have an emergency total hysterectomy that day. My surgical incision was perfect and looked amazing. Dr. Wu bedside was absolutely amazing, he visited me post op daily for one week until I was discharged, he was always opened to hear my concerns and demonstrated care and concern for me. You are a very special person Dr. Wu, thank so very much for saving my life. RVH is so very fortunate to have you. I strongly recommend Dr. Wu for any OBGYN related matters.

Submitted Dec. 24, 2013 | flag

Dr Wu is very knowledgeable and caring. When I moved to Barrie after 7 months of pregnancy, he had spent time to read my history and explained to me how the system works here. He is very patient to answer my questions, address my concerns, and make me feel less worried. He is not like some doctors being defensive when patients do their research at home and are prepared with questions when seeing doctors. He came to my room in hospital after the labour and check how I was doing. I would highly recommend him.

Submitted May 24, 2012 | flag

Dr.Wu was wonderful in my case. I developed a cyst in one of my ovaries after a hysterectomy that left me my ovaries years before. Dr.Wu removed both ovaries and when he came across complications with my surgery that included my bowel, he had another surgeon who specialized with the bowel come in and assist with the surgery. I had asked about having just the one ovary removed and he strongly suggested in my case that I have both to save another probable surgery in the future. I am now very glad with this decision and healing well. I found him both professional and personable/caring/informative.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2011 | flag

When both of our children were in the Special Care Nursery at RVH Dr. Wu was amazingly helpful. He was extremely patient, spent a lot of time with us and answered all of our questions.

Submitted Aug. 11, 2011 | flag

Shy and calm Yes!! But does he know an emergency when there is one... NO!! My daughter had a very bad experience with this doctor and we did not find him experienced enough to handle a emergency. I am being very polite in saying this doctor should be in research only.

Submitted July 22, 2010 | flag

I would recommend Dr. Wu ... he is very quiet but very good. You need to be ready to ask questions.

Submitted June 9, 2010 | flag

To be honest I was unsure of Dr.Wu when I first met him..But when an ultrasound discovered that I had low amniotic fluid Dr.Wu's knowledge really amazed me. He was so helpful and informative on the subject, his calmness kept me from panicking. Although he is very soft spoken & shy he is a super DR. If you are not comfortable and/or voicetress with asking questions then he is not the Doctor for you. I, on the other hand am very comfortable asking him any questions regarding the health of my unborn child so for me he suits my needs as an OBGYN. Unfortunately he didnt deliver my baby but I wished he had - I would have loved his calmness at that point when everyone and everything else is hectic. I am pregnant for my second child and Dr.wu is my Doctor again and after meeting him again at 27 weeks I know exactly why I went back to him. I would absolutely recommend him. In the end you have to go with an OB who suits your needs and who you are compatible/comfortable with. All the best. JR

Submitted March 21, 2010 | flag

I had Dr Wu as my OB/GYN for both my kids. Although he is very quiet, he is extrememly knowledgeable. If you are not outspoken enough to ask questions or voice your concerns he may not be the Dr for you. He may come across as cold, or distant but he is there for the well being of you and your child. He sees hundreds of patients every week and knows when something is serious, and when it is merely an overconcerned mom. I ended up in the hospital at 8 month pregnant. When I went to his office 2 days later, he said everything with the baby was fine, that I had an anxiety attack, cause by my worry over a fall the previous week. During delivery he stays very calm even when everyone else is in hysterics. If you want someone who knows what they`re doing, he is wonderful.

Submitted Jan. 14, 2010 | flag

I had him as an ob/gyn while i was pregnant with my daughter for a few months before I left to go to midwifes which was a very wise descision because he didn't know my name every and made me wait 3 hours because he OVER booked every appointment which he also did when I went to get an IUD placed he gave the 'reason' that the nurses don't work past 3pm which I have since found out is NOT true. also when I went to the hospital with my daughter during the H1N1 outpore to get it place it was my 4th appointment that he rebooked EVERY time. So I would not advise you go to him since I have heard bad things ever since.

Submitted Oct. 29, 2009 | flag

He has delivered 3 of my children by c-section and i would never want another doctor. He is a wonderful doctor.

Submitted Aug. 9, 2009 | flag