Dr. Bridget D. Duggan

Grad. Year: 1988

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. Bridget D. Duggan has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Oncologist / Hematologist-related: cancer, lymphoma, anemia, sickle cell, breast cancer, lung cancer, melanoma, leukemia, blood disease, tumors, radiation, chemotherapy, CML
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5578909

25/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.6  Respond
RID: 3635958
19/12/13 3 3 1 1 I went to her for a second opinion in 2004 because I had a PET scan and it showed red/active in an area where I previously had cancer. She said after reviewing my files and scan that "it was a slam dunk" that my cancer was back. She then gave me a rectal exam and said she "felt it" meaning the cancer. She reported this back to my primary treating doctor. I believed her because she was highly rated in her field. It's now the end of 2013 and I'm alive and couldn't be better. My cancer had not returned and her slam dunk diagnosis was dead wrong.
Insurance: Anthem
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Bridget" to "Bridget D."

04/10/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "SAN DIEGO" to "La Jolla"
RID: 2565392
20/02/13 5 5 5 5 We discovered that Moores Cancer Center operated like a factory on strict rules and no discussion. After the cancer was removed there, we fled and found Dr. Duggan. Her office is smaller and runs with a human face. She is approachable, very knowledgable, willing to discuss and even read papers found by us and to permit unconventional techniques and nutritional ones. We have never had a better doctor and we love her dearly. Finding her office to oversee the chemo may have saved my life.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2127204
11/05/12 5 5 5 5 I am not sure why there are bad reviews on here because this is one of the best doctors I've ever been to. The staff is always super nice to me and the most I've ever waited was about 10 minutes. I'm always able to get an appointment when I need one. Most importantly Dr. Duggan did my surgery and did an amazing job. I work in the industry and asked other surgeons what type of work she does. All of them gave her excellent reviews and said she does amazing work. I agree with them. I've been very pleased with this office and the doctor. I had my surgery at the surgery center and I would highly recommend going there as well. Bottom line you won't find a better doctor than Dr. Duggan.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1715270

16/02/12 1 3 3 3 2/12/2012 The office individual I encountered this morning was unprofessional, rude, snotty and unable to listen. I did not see the doctor. I would highly advise anyone making an appointment that Kristin within the office is completely in the wrong field of patient care and needs to be terminated.
Insurance: Anthem
See Responses
RID: 432497
22/10/07 5 5 5 5 Actually a gynocological oncologist, Dr. Duggan (pronounced doo-gan) came to my hospital room within 24 hours of my being diagnosed with ovarian cancer, and she had my records in hand and knew their details better than I did. Her staff is every bit as prompt and capable as she is. They were kind, accessable, and knowledgable. The only person in the office I did not like was the other doctor she shared her practice with, but I had very little contact with him -- only a couple phone conversations when I had called the emergency line after hours and he was the one on call. She didn't encourage my taking supplements (like CoQ10), and obviously thought they wouldn't help, but didn't argue with me about them, and as long as she felt they were not harmful she had no issue with me taking them. Duggan was thorough, aggressive and no-nonsense in her treatment plan. I highly recommend her.
Insurance: HealthPartners