Dr. Michael A. Lepis

Grad. Year: 1995

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Michael A. Lepis has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab-related: pain relief, physical rehabilitation, stroke recovery, accident recovery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4779041

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 5.0  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Michael" to "Michael A."
RID: 2674665
09/06/13 5 5 4 5 Great doctor. Has truly changed my life. I am forever greatful
Respond

09/06/13 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2650412
16/05/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lepis is a compassionate caring man. He takes his time with each patient and finds the root of the problem and solves it. He is such a sweet man, I am lucky to have him as my doctor.
Insurance: Secure Horizons
RID: 2541409
25/01/13 5 5 5 5 Cant thank Dr. Lepis enough for all of his help. I feel so much better. I am glad to be off my pain meds and NOT be in pain. What a difference he has made in my life.
RID: 2524067
07/01/13 5 5 5 5 I feel Dr. Lepis is the best doctor in the area. He has helped me so much. When I first started going to him I could hardly walk. I would recommend him to anyone. He cares so much about his patients.
RID: 2523261
06/01/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Lepis is the most amazing, caring, compassionate doctor i have ever met.
RID: 2408803
23/08/12 1 1 1 1 Saw DR.Lepis for 2 years. He performed numerous procedures and none of them helped relieve my pain. He saw other doctors during that time period and finally I found another pain management doctor that diagnosed my problem correctly and eliminated my pain with one procedure.  Respond

RID: 1244711
06/09/10 5 5 5 5 What a kind and caring man. I cant say enough good things about Dr. Lepis. He was ontime and spent a great deal of time explaining my problems. We are now beginning treatment and already I feel significantly better. I highly recommend him to anyone in pain. Thank you Dr. Lepis
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 1235565
24/08/10 1 3 1 1 Dr. Lepis was very rude and crule to me. I left his office in tears. I have never been on any type of pain treatment and hope he could help me. A few weeks later I found a different doctor in the area and now I am doing very well.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1233718
21/08/10 5 5 5 5 Dr lepis is the best hands down. His staff is very caring and efficient. I have seen great results in a short time frame. After seeing many doctors for my pain Dr lepis has been by far the best. Highly recommend
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1031965
12/11/09 5 5 5 5 I don't know how people can say he us a bad Doctor. He is the best I have been to for pain. He takes the time to correctly diagnose the reason for the pain. He will fight the insurance companies to pay for the treatment needed, which he has had to do on my behalf a few times. I have been going to him for about 3 years and in that 3 years my pain has been reduced by 50%. I don't expect a miracle seeing as I have a chronic disease that attacks my joints, so I know the pain will never be completely gone. But he has made life bearable for me, and continues to do so. A new pain crops up, he attacks it. I would never change pain management Dr's. Most pain Dr's are not as well trained as him. Most are just anesthesiologists who say they deal in pain management. But their fix is just epidural after epidural. Dr. Lepis goes right to the root of the pain to cure it. I love the man, and would never change. God Bless him for helping me be more comfortable then I have in the last 10 years.
RID: 1031511
11/11/09 5 4 3 4 I have been going to him for a couple of years and at first he was great. Other docs hadn't done much too help and just wanted to keep me drugged up. Dr. Lepis was pro-active in my treatment. As time passed, however, and I hadn't made much progress after dozens of injections and ablations, he seemed to have less and less time for me on visits. Just wisk you in and wisk you out, hand you a script and out you go.I had a problem with one of my injections and when I dared to question him about it, he was very condescending and rude. He obviously felt my questions were irrelevant and dismissed them and me. I was shocked by his behavior. Up until then I had a great deal of respect for him, but any doctor who doesn't take a patient's concerns seriouly, whether he thinks they're valid or not, is just wrong. As long as you don't ask questions or make waves, don't slow up the well greased machine that is his practice, you'll like him just fine. I left his office feeling very disappointed.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1031412
11/11/09 5 5 5 5 The PA in this office Ann is hands down the absolute best. A definite asset to the practice. I feel completely comfortable talking about anything with her. She listens to your input and together you build a comprehensive PM plan. The office is very strict, which is for your own benefit as well as theirs. Dr. Lepis is good at what he does. He is knowledgeable and I trust my body in his hands completely. I do believe though if you abuse your medications or break there rules, he will come down heavy handed. I have never had a problem personally, but he sames like a no BS kind of guy. Which is what you have to be to run a succesful pratice in his field. As a nurse whose has dealt with many doctors, I'd have to say if your in legit pain this is the #1 place to go.  Respond

03/07/09 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 695569
03/10/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lepis is a wonderful doctor. He clearly has inherited his father's ability to care deeply for the well being of his patients. As a pain management doc, he has to set certain limits in his practice in regards to medication, drug tests, etc to prevent potential abuse by his patients. His field is a difficult one, and is easily abused by ill intentioned people who are desperate for drugs. His goal is the complete recovery of his patients, and he will work continuously to see that come to life. I have been suffering with pain for three years and he is constantly there for me and understands my frustrations. He runs his office extremely efficiently and is always a professional. His office staff are expected to live up to his high expectations and they always do.  Respond
RID: 530019
04/03/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lepis is an extremely intelligent, compassionate, excellent doctor who takes the time to listen to you and your concerns. His treatment is top notch. His office staff from front desk to billing are very friendly and very helpful. If you are in pain this is where you need to go
RID: 246619
30/03/07 5 5 5 Just took my mother to Dr. Lepis. She has terrible back problems and is 81. This is the first doctor in 30 years that has shown her any compassion. He was absolutely wonderful. He was prompt, very knowledgeable, very very warm and caring and had a great sense of humor. He was a breath of fresh air. My mom is thrilled that someone finally listened to her and is willing to try and help her. After many trips to many other doctors, as far as we are concerned there is only one pain management doctor, and that is Dr. Lepis.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 145709
17/02/07 5 5 5 Dr. Lepis is THE BEST pain management doctor I have seen. And there have been many in my life. Yes he has strict policies to follow, but in the line of work he's in, he needs to. He would be unprofessional he he didn't. He has given me back my life. His entire staff has been wonderful to me. Believe me they have seen it all. If your trying to get something you shouldn't be getting, you're not going to get anything!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 120901
31/01/07 3 5 5 Dr lepis is a great doctor. I have been only going there for a year. He has helped my back problems, after no one else could. 15 Doctors later and he was the best. The people who said bad things about getting addicted to pills, its there own fault. He has strict rules about the medicines he perscribes and how to take them. They obviously abused the situation. Shame on them. He is an awesome doctor. He is caring and wonderful. I highly recommend him to anyone. I would tell anyone with a problem to make sure they see him. He will help you if it is within his relm of care. People should take responsibilites for there own actions and not look to blame him. He has helped me so much, that I havent had to see him in 6 months, before I was seeing a doctor i time a week because the pain was so bad. He is amazing . M. Dubiel  Respond
RID: 114501
26/01/07 5 5 5 Dr. Lepis is one of the most caring doctor's I have ever met. He spends all of his time day and night caring about his patients. He is a true doctor, if you have a problem when the office is closed....he WILL answer his cell. Those people who wrote bad messages about him were obviously just looking for pain pills and not looking to get better.  Respond
RID: 75475
02/01/07 5 5 5 great doctor and the only doctor that takes my crappy insurance. he truley cares about his patients  Respond
RID: 31866
07/06/06 1 1 2 Did not take the time to listen. After 16 months still could not tell me why I was in so much pain 24/7. Just handed out Rx. Gives the Rx Neurontin as a cure-all; not only did this med. not help at all, I now have severe anxiously attacks whenever my new doctor tries to reduce my dosage.