Dr. Anthony F. Santoro

5 1 4.6

You may also like

Rate Dr. Anthony F. Santoro

Dr. Anthony F. Santoro's Ratings

Does anyone know why he suddenly retired? I called to mAke an appointment and I got the covering doctor. Hope everything is ok. I've been with him for a long time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815113].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I started taking my child to him after he was released from the NICU 4 months after birth (due to him being premature) at the recommendation of a coworker. The first couple of years were fine ( I guess), thankful to God my child didnt suffer any effects of prematurity once released from the hospital. Because I cant say with confidenence that Dr. Tony would have caught it if he had. What I did like about him was that he wasn't quick to jump to meds if it wasn't absolutely necessary, the office staff was always nice, I could always get an appointment when I needed, and waits weren't bad. But what totally turned me off was when I brought my son into the office because of a foul smell coming from his mouth/nose area he completely dismissed it and told me that he should take cough meds for the next 3 days and the mucus would clear up. I told him I thought something was in his nose, his staff even suggested so when I called and made the appt based off what I told them. He said nonchalantly "NO" and began to wash his hands. I asked " how do you know when you didnt even look in his nose?" No reply. I left his office went straight to the ER where on basic examination by the nurse they saw something lodge in his nostril covered in mucus. I've been disgusted with him every since. I called the office immediately to inform them and of course he didnt care. So that brought me here to this site to find a new MD.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2805366].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

We usually have a little bit of a wait for Dr. Tony but we feel he is worth it. he gives each patient the time they need and deserve. I have 4 children and he is amazing with each of them. They look forward to seeing him even if they have to get shots. He just has a way with the kids. His way with parents is hilarious too. seven years we have been seeing him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2763931].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Best Dr. in Metuchen. Love his old school approach. Does NOT jump to medications or unnecessary diagnosis. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2755245].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

I still cry after trusting this man with my children. I have pulled all of their records from with office and will never set foot again in there. I have taken them all to a new Dr. This guy is HORRIBLE and needs to retire. I agree with other user that posted..he is super OLD!!! He's staff was nothing special and the wait time is to long. When we finally saw him each time for a full year he kept talking about seeing bunnies in their ears and thats about it unless they needed a shot. Now let me tell you...ALL my babies are under 2 due to prematurity and require special care. One of my kids was not chewing, trying to walk and didnt even crawl. I asked him about my concern and he kept saying she was fine. I found out from my NEW Dr that she has cerbley parsley and should have BEEN taking OT and PT months ago but due to his lack of knowledge my child is still not moving but finally under OT and PT. Please do your research before trusting Doctors with your precious little ones.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2525727].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

*I waited for an hour and 15 minutes with my 1-year old son, who was crying the entire time. *The assistant said sarcastically, "poor you," and then she said that most patients wait for hours to see Dr. Santoro (who's like 100 years old, by the way), as if she was proud of that. *When I finally got to see I'm, he totally misdiagnosed my son as having peri rectal strep, and he said that a quick strep test confirmed it. I was able to take my son to a real doctor the next day, who also did a strep test that came back negative. The real doctor said that either Dr. Santoro lied about the results of the strep test, or never took one at all and lied aout saying that he did, because there was no way that his strep test could have come back positive. Dr. Santoro is a quack that should be avoided at all costs. If you care about your children, find another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][953696].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2013

Was a patient of Dr. Santoro from 1971-1993. He was the best then and from all the positive comments I see he is still the best. Great doctor and wonderful staff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][953695].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

I found Dr. Santoro through this website and ratings provided by other parents was very helpful as I wasn't satisfied with my son's previous pediatrician. It has been almost 2 years now since we're seeing Dr. Santoro and he is really one of the best doctors in this area. Old school so doesn't prescribe unnecessary medications for kids. If there is any disease symptom that you may or may not noticed, he'll immediately tell you as soon as he sees the kid (even though you took him/ her for just a general check-up). My kid enjoys talking to him and always comfortable answering his questions (that helps him in his diagnosis)...Doc has a great sense of humor too (with kids)!! We've HSA plan so we have to pay the bills from our pocket until the deductibles are met; we never had problem or dilemma in paying Doc's bill as it is always relevant for the diagnosis/ service he offered. I'd also highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][953694].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2013

Saying that I am extremely happy with my son's pediatrician is an understatement! Dr Santoro is by far the best doctor for these children. I recently had to move to Florida and in my 11 months there I went through 3 different doctors that I could not stand for my 3 year old. I could not wait to get back and have my son go back to him! He is old school and believes that kids will/should be kids! He makes the kids feel extremely comfortable! He also makes the parents feel comfortable...you will never feel rushed nor will you ever get the feeling that your questions are annoying him! I am telling you of ALL the doctors I tried before finally finding him and after I had to move, NOT A SINGLE ONE treated my son and I with that respect! We LOVE Dr. Santoro!!!!!! He was born to do this job! Another thing I really love (along with everything) is he is NOT antibiotic-happy! He has only prescribed them if it was ABSOLUTELY necessary! THANK YOU!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][953693].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2012

Dr. Santoro is the best! Very happy I found him after a horrible incident with another pediatrician. He is kind, helpful and most importantly he listens. Makes my son comfortable with jokes easing his nerves. Dr. Santoro's staff are a wonderful group of ladies who are NEVER nasty or rude. They know their job well with paperwork, billing, scripts, etc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][953692].votes_count ]]