Rate Dr. Eddie W. Santiago

Dr. Eddie W. Santiago's Ratings

We followed Dr. Santiago from the day he opened his office. Told our friends and extended family about him. All 16 people became his patients. He is a nice person and good Dr without a doubt. In the beginning he had very sweet girl who worked as his receptionist. Very nice, polite and accomidating. But later Dr. Santiago's family start working as office staff. Quality of their work is below satisfuction. Rude, not professional, mean with WE DON'T CARE attitude.
So many times we left message about needed app but 3 days later nobody called us back. You would think Dr. or at least his assistant call you back when blood work shows very bad results - no such thing. Only much later, by accident, was discovered about bad blood work but it was too late, time was lost.
waiting time for your app at least 1 1/2 -2 hr. Sometimes people come for physical but sitting for 2 hrs in a tiny waiting room exposes them to so many sick people since waiting room is always filled with a lot of people. You never see any of staff members smile or simply care. I have been in so many offices NYC and N. J. but never saw so many misearable unhappy medical stuff members. Why bother if you don't like your job, really?

You don't need an app to see Dr. Santiago. When you call, even when it's not an emergency, they tell you to come. This why waiting room never sees so many patiens at same time. I understand, they want to make as much money as they can, but I wonder if anybody cares how unfair this to people.
If before Dr. spent time talking to you, now he is in and out. Of course, he has to sqeeze another 30 people in 4 hrs.
Quality of care declined big time..
My friends and extended family refused to waist their time sitting for hrs to see doctor for 5 min. And get less than medioco treatment from his assistants.
He lost great amount of people due to less than poor office organization. I feel bad because i know how hard he works. If he hires nice, professional people to work for him, smart professional office mngr - he still can build good followers but if things stay the way they are - i predict sad outcome.
I believe someone posts here good/same reviews about Dr. Eddie being best Dr in N.J.and Monmouth County - I bet this posted by his brother or other office member.
Guys, we wish our Dr.the best, we not here to enjoy bad reviews. If you really care at least about your relative Dr.Eddie - do something good for him. It seems he is too kind and you taking advantage of him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2611311].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 8, 2014

The doctor is fantastic, his staff on the other hand, is really rude and irresponsible.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2434896].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

the wait was very long but i expected it from the comments here. the Dr. was nice and took the time to talk to me. ordered some tests. then wouldn't return my calls for almost 2 weeks. when i finally got through to his staff, i got, this is a bad result. no explanation, no you should come in to discuss, nothing. as disinterested as they could get. don't care at all. and he can't be bothered either. i am looking for another dr.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][954163].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

I've been going to Dr. Eddie for years. I don't even need to read the previous posts to know that if you're going to see him you may burn up anywhere from 1-2 hours PAST your scheduled appointment - I plan my schedule accordingly. I also don't need to read previous posts to know that this is because he and his staff actually take time to treat you like a PERSON and not a number... Regardless of how I'm feeling, I actually LOOK FORWARD to seeing him and his staff because they make me feel at home. As for care, it's simply top-notch... he's an expert at what he does and I've never been seen by anyone else who has contested it... his name and practice are known all of New Jersey... even South Jersey. That's right, I travel an hour and change from my residence in South Jersey just to see him. My health is of paramount concern to me obviously, and I trust him with my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][954162].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2012

He's the best doctor I've ever seen. He actually cares about his patients and doesn't rush you if you need to talk.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][954161].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2012

Agreed with other neg. Posts. If you value your time and believe that office staff is an importabt component of your primary care, it is not worth ...i am writing this from the waiting room. Been here an hour and a half. I have to place a value on my time even if they do not

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][954160].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2012

Uhh, hello, maybe the line to see Dr. Eddie is because of the top notch care he gives? Dr. Eddie remains the gold standard of primary medical care in Monmouth County. Yes, it does take a while to see him, but he is not running the equivalent of a fast food restaurant. My elderly mom and I have been with him for 11 years now and I know he is often late simply because he takes as much time as necessary to provide the best, personal care for each patient. His practice is not an assembly line. Kelly does a great job running the office and Eddie’s mom makes you feel at home. No other doc comes close to Dr. Eddie in terms of care, knowledge, and commitment to the patient. None.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][954159].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2012

Dr. Santiago himself is great, but his incompentant office staff makes him not worth seeing. RUN AWAY!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][954158].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

Years ago I would have agreed with every other review. My family and I followed Eddie for years, waiting while he worked exclusively in the hospital and immediately switching when he opened a practice of his own. He is a good person with a big heart, but in the past few years the level of care has sharply declined. The office is always overcrowded, every member of my family has had to wait well over an hour at times just to be seen. My last appointment required a wait of roughly 90 minutes for an appointment that lasted less than 5. Emergenicies aside, if I am expected to be on time, then I expect to be seen within a reasonable amount of time, or for an apology and clear explanation of the delay. The staff has become rude and surly, not a pleasant environment at all anymore. Every one of us was forced to switch, extended family as well. When you feel ill the last thing you need is an uncomfortably overcrowded office and aggravation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][954157].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2012

Dr. Eddie Santiago is by far the most professional and caring physician I have ever met. I recently took a friend of mine to Dr. Santiago, he was quite apprehensive about seeing a doctor because he was unsure of what procedure, if any, was going to be needed. Dr. Santiago immediately put our minds at ease, giving us complete trust and confidence in him. He is an outstanding Dr. and an outstanding human being. If a fraction of the Dr.s in the world had Dr. Santiago's disposition the world would be a better place. Thanks Doc! - Chad Aaronson - 33 East Car Wash.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][954156].votes_count ]]