Rate Dr. Cary D. Glastein

Dr. Cary D. Glastein's Ratings

Unfortunately I did not have much choice to the physician I could choose since it was a workman's comp case. I saw the negative comments. My wife is a nurse and received negative recommendations about this physician as well. I continued to stay hopeful; however, I can barely believe that this man is even a physician. I did not expect compassion but did expect him to at least examine me. My questions were answered with either "What do you expect you broke your neck" or " I can not emphasize enough how minor your fracture is...I would compare it to a broken toenail". Not only was he rude and demeaning, I could of received a better assessment and advice from his receptionist. He basically told me there was nothing he could do and that "I don't know what to tell you". My questions were "why is my shoulder numb", "why am I still in pain" and "will I ever be back to normal"? I broke my neck and spent 10 weeks in a neck brace but according to him my injury was insignificant.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2013 | flag

Talks a good talk with staff backing such however neither are able to back the talk. Misleading and more or less like the rest in it for the $$$$ no the injured

Submitted June 28, 2011 | flag

Submitted Nov. 5, 2010 | flag

Submitted May 20, 2010 | flag

HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! He didnt listen to a thing I said, was very condescending and discharged me from EVERYTHING before even seeing what was wrong. Turned out I had 2 herniated discs and a reversed cervical curve. DO NOT GO TO HIM!!!!

Submitted March 31, 2010 | flag

Dr. Glastein is a wonderful Doctor. He has performed two operations in less than 1.5 years on me. I would recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Nov. 25, 2009 | flag

I went to this doctor in his Manahawkin office in NJ and I waited 1 1/2hrs to see him. He didn't even examine me and I HAD PRIOR history of back surgery,(had spinal injury burst fx of L2 rodded from T11 to L1 or 45) Also my right leg to my toes are numbness and I have no feeling in my right leg and have drop foot, he glanced at my foot and said there was nothing wrong, at that point I knew he said lets get an MRI so I did and on the next visit he didn't even have the ct scans in his hand to read them. He went by the report. To my knowledge most surgical docs like to look at the films in their own eyes because you can not always go by the report.So he recomended pt and a neuro consult. I went for a 2nd opinion and the doc told me i needed more surgery and its actualy worse in the films than this dr glastein read. BEWARE do not use this doc! I worked for an orhopedic doc and heard bad things about Glastein I should have listened.This was a motor vehicle and I treated like crap.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2009 | flag

Beware! If you are a Workman's Comp case, you get treated like your some vagrant off of the streets. No consistency with any of his diagnoses , first I needed surgery than he told me to live with the pain, but what ever I decided I was going back to work in 2 weeks, even though I had a herniated cervical disc between C6 and C7. My new doctor is wonderful. He is upfront, truthful, and tells you like it is. All his dictations are done in front of you so that you know what is being sent to the workman's comp people. Not ONCE did Glastein even do a physical examination on me , nor did he ever touch me, making me feel as if I was dirty to touch. Fight like heck to get your workman's comp group to send you some place else!!

Submitted May 6, 2009 | flag

I couldn't even get in the door. I left about 30 messages in his Tinton Falls office to schedule an appointment; and, no one returned my call. Finally, I had to call the operator who connected me to someone. He doesn't participate in this insurance; and, if I wanted to see him, I would have to pay him upfront. Then, submit the form to the insurance company where they would pay me back directly. First out of pocket visit was quoted as between $200 - $500.

Submitted May 5, 2009 | flag

I had a wokers comp case had disc fussion and 3 years later im still doing great Dr Glastein was great and office staff are nice

Submitted Nov. 30, 2008 | flag