Rate Dr. Frank Femino

Dr. Frank Femino's Ratings

I could not have made a better choice. He is an excellent doctor and surgeon. He is also very caring and compassionate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2503358].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

I can't believe how satisfied and grateful I am to Dr. Femino. After years of suffering with osteoarthritis in my hips I am completely pain free and carrying on a normal ACTIVE life again. I had my first total hip replacement a few months ago and then the other one two months later. Within 3 days I was walking without a walker and feeling stronger every day. It's amazing to me how easy these two surgeries went. I was treated at Clara Maas Hospital in Belleville, NJ which has a separate wing for orthopedic surgeries where you get a private room at no extra cost. I picked Dr. Femino after asking around for a reputable, caring surgeon. Everyone I asked recommended Dr. Femino. I felt comfortable after meeting him because he took the time to explain how the whole procedure and hospital stay would go. What I will say is that post operative physical therapy is VERY important. You must keep up with it for about a month so you get your muscles back up to their previous strength.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][956838].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014

Had both knees replaced in 2012 & 2013. Had a great result due to his expertise and care. His staff and the staff at the hospital are excellent. Dr. Femino puts you at ease as does his nurse practitioner. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][956837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2013

Had partial knee replacement following botched knee reconstruction. Had a bit of a wait past my appointment. But once I was in the room, he took the time to listen to me and looked at everything. He was very helpful. Following surgery, I've healed very nicely. He was great throughout the entire process and afterwards. Definitely would and have recommended him to friends & family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][956836].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2012

Dr. Femino recently performed a knee replacemnt surgery on my grandmother. Since the surgery my grandmother has not had any problems walking ever since she has felt better when walking. she loves dr. Femino and says that when she gets her other knee done only dr. Femino can do it. He is great when interacting with his patience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][956835].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

Unfortunately I had a horrible experience. My mother had an accident and was under workers comp. The workers compensation supervisor speaks to you like you are dirt. Would yell and interrupt you if you have any question. The doctor stated he did not know what to do next and said he could not see her anymore. Just gave up after 2 visits.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][956834].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2010

I recently had a total knee replacement performed by Dr. Frank P. Femino at the Clara Maass Spine and Joint Institute. As a result, my recovery to-date has been at a much faster rate than I had hoped, and definitely at a more rapid rate than others that had received similar services by other surgeons. I attribute my rapid rate of recovery, and lack of complications, to the skill and professionalism of Dr. Femino, as supported by his extremely capable staff – both in his orthopaedic group and within the medical center. It was not by accident or luck that I decided to have this major joint surgery in a facility almost an hour from my home. There were several well-known, respected medical centers that are clearly more accessible to me and my family. However, after learning by word-of-mouth about Dr. Femino and his operation at Clara Maass, and confirming by discussions with professional physical therapists in my local area, it was clear that I would not settle for anyone other than Dr. Femino.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][956833].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2009

Had to wait a few weeks for this appointment, but well worth the wait. I was taken on time for my appointment. Office staff was very helpful, friendly & professional. History taken online. Doctor needed x-ray, done in office, results immediately available. All records scanned upon receipt. Doctor took the time to meet me, to speak with me regarding my complaints and prior medical history. Not surgery-crazy. He is very experienced in surgery, but resorts to that as a last option. Previous doctor terrible, quick to operate, even quicker to ignore calls after initial surgery did not work. Dr. Femino was pretty much the best doctor I've had in many years. I highly recommend him! (p.s. I received his name from my podiatrist who has 5 patients who visit him and have HAD surgery and all with positive results) Hope this helps someone out there looking for a great orthopedic surgeon!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][956832].votes_count ]]