Rate Dr. Robert F. Heary

Dr. Robert F. Heary's Ratings

Dr Heary is out standing , he is knowledgably and very concerned , he don't jump to surgery unless you need it, I have never had a time when he didn't return my call, his PA and staff are great I never have an issue I showed up 3 hours late and I was still seen, I think people make the issues ,, he is a excellent doctor who is well known . I have had surgery from another neuro and he messed me up to know end. I can eat, Dr Heary is going out of his way to help me... I

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2542788].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2435101].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

Husband was told he needed neck surgery and Dr. Heary was almost impossible to see. No one answers a phone ever. You get a call back 4 days later. Never helped him after he lost strength in his arms and hands. Blew us off and so did his assistant. To see my husband suffer like this I am so sorry I did not sue the dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][958545].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2013

Dr. Heary operated on my wife to remove a spine tumor. I cannot tell you how relieved and greatful I was to have such a knowledgable, professional obviously talented Doctor to rely on when facing such a scary diagnosis. He is straightforward and lets you know what you are facing and surrounds himself with the best possible team for surgery. The hospital is not my favorite but the people were all very nice and his office staff is very attentive and helpful. My wife is doing well and I recommend him to everyone who tells me they have back problems. My wife was very happy and we always knew what was going on thru the whole ordeal. As far as punctuality I have never been to a good doctor that you do not have to wait for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][958544].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2013

Arrogant and abnoxious. Thinks he's God. Horrible to staff. Would never recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][958543].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2011

Excellent, Excellent....I had my spinal fusion (C 3,4,5) three and one-half years ago. I continue to remain pain free. I have my life back. If you must have neck or back surgery, I highly recommend Dr. Heary. It is not only extremely competent, he is also very caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][958542].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2011

I had ACDF at C5-6 when I was 27 years old with the promise I would return to work as an auto technician in 10 days and feel better than ever. Well, I am 30 now. I am in more pain than ever and have new symptoms that did not exist prior to surgery. I believe that this doctor is self centered and money hungry. When I went for my consultation, I was seen with in fifteen minutes. The recommendation was to have surgery.(what else would you expect from a surgeon?) I was made a rush appointment and a week later I went in to get hacked up. I trusted his judgment because he is well spoken of. Well at my first follow up I waited for 2 hours before I was sent home because he was to busy to see me. I was lied to. I was told I would feel better when I woke up. Instead, three years later, I have sold my shop and given up on working on cars. I cant anymore. The hospital was a dump on top of all of that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][958541].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

Dr. Heary operated on me 3 times. He is a terrific surgeon and I trust him completely. Two of the surgeries were for spinal tumors, and the third was for a spinal cyst. The tumors were wrapped around my nerves and he was able to remove them with damage. His nurse was always very helpful and almost always called me back. His secretary always returned the call as well so I did not have a problem with that. The problem I had was with the UMDNJ, a horrible hospital to have to be in. They could undo all the good the doctor does. I would recommend to anyone that has to be in that hospital to make sure you have a friend or family with you as much as possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][958540].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2008

This surgeon is truly remarkable. He corrected a spine problem which I was told was inoperable. He gave me back my life. His secretary and his nurse are very compassionate people who care about my well-being. Waits during office hours can be longer than desired but it is worth the wait. The doctor takes the time to answer all questions himself and treats all patients with respect. On top of that, he is a gifted and talented surgeon if an operation is needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][958539].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2007

Dr heary is a skilled and experienced surgeon, and after two surgeries I can say he did a fine job on my lower back; HOWEVER, his office staff and their standard operating procedures are the worst I've ever encountered at any professional office. No human ever answers the phone ... EVER ... and there's no chance to leave a voice mail because his secretary's voice mail box is ALWAYS full. I talked with him at length in the past about this, and he acknowledged it was a problem, but made excuses for his secretary, and the problem persists. I am still trying to make a follow-up appointment with him for the last three weeks. I think he could lose me as a patient over this, but his staff is so inept that he probably wouldn't even realize I was gone from his practice. Like I said earlier, a great guy and a super surgeon, but I can no longer deal with his office staff and the way they do their jobs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][958538].votes_count ]]