Dr. Garrett S. Matsunaga

Grad. Year: 2000

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 8 reviews. Dr. Garrett S. Matsunaga has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Urologist-related: urinary tract, prostate, bladder, erectile dysfunction, kidney stone disease, male infertility, prostate cancer, urinary incontinence
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.2

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Garrett" to "Garrett S."
RID: 2469007
07/11/12 3 3 3 3 Office staff was rude. he was fine when I saw him, but did not follow up with phone calls. It was very hard to get through to their office, and him. Overall a very frustrating and negative experience.
Insurance: Medicare
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 2182656
01/06/12 5 5 5 5 Love this Dr. He is kind and patient always with a smile and so calm no matter how busy he is. I am thankful I found him as he addresses all my needs and concerns. I feel very comfortable talking to him about my issues. Staff is super also.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1498751
28/07/11 5 5 5 5 After reading all of the great reviews on Dr. Matsunaga I changed my husband's group so that he would be in network. He performed my husbands vasectomy. It was amazingly easy and the recovery was very easy. We made the right decision going with Dr. Matsunaga.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 925797
30/06/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Matsunaga is an excellent doctor. Very knowledgable and very helpful. He gave me the information I needed to make an intelligent decision on surgery. He is skilled at robotic surgery. Highest rating from a patient point of view.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 882076
08/05/09 5 5 5 5 I saw two other MDs in the L.A. area and he was by far the best. Truly an ideal doctor who really cares about his patients. The other MDs were much older and one was even rated one of the best MDs in the U.S. and was at UCLA. I am glad Dr. Matsunaga operated on my hematocele. The other MDs did not take the time to explain my options which increased my stress level. I feel amazing three weeks later with excellent healing. In addition, he helped me overcome my insurance company's objection that this was a pre-existing condition.
Paid (or co-pay): $2500
RID: 593248
19/05/08 5 5 5 5 Wonderful Doctor. In my opinion one of the best urologist on the West Coast. Highly skilled surgeon and an expert in the Da Vinchi technique.  Respond
RID: 523797
25/02/08 5 5 5 5 His expertise and courtesy can't be beat! I liked him from the start! Outstanding!  Respond
RID: 424358
04/10/07 5 5 5 5 After my poor experience with dr Frederick Wolk, I searched for another Urologist and was fortunate in finding Dr Matsunaga, he is totally in the highest level of professional care giver rating. Attitude is marvelous, his knowledge is incredible and you can ask any question and always receive a complete answer. The 2 operations that he did for me were just so effective, his concern for my wellbeing was complete, I just can't say enough nice things about him other than to say that when a close friend needed a Urologist, Dr Matsunaga was the answer  Respond