Rate Dr. Robert J. Altman

Dr. Robert J. Altman's Ratings

I cannot express enough how wonderful of a doctor Dr. Altman is. He is very calm, knowledable, and is professional when it came to my care and concerns. When the day came to be induced he was awesome! He was there first thing in the morning waiting for my arrival, checked on me throughout the day, and when it came time to have my baby he came and guided me throughout the entire process. I had my son in 19 min all due to him and his great work. I guess my only complaint would be that all of my concerns were "normal" which I can understand but with this being my second child it didn't feel normal.. Other than that he was/ is the best doctor I have ever had. On a side note his wife is a pediatrician and she is just as wonderful as him.. Dr Bourard is her name.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][959179].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

Dr. Altman has been the best throughout my first pregnancy from the beginning to the end. He is patient and makes you feel so comfortable. He was there to deliver my baby and made it a good experience! I will always make sure he is my doctor for all my babies to come :-) that's 2 more to go :-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][959178].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2012

Love Dr. Altman. He is a mellow person, but always listened to my concerns and was very compassionate. He provides great patient care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][959177].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2011

Dr. Altman is the most caring and patient dr I have ever met. Prior to having my c section I told him how nervous I was about getting the spinal. During the spinal he helped me relax by talking about disneyland and rubbed my arms, the entire c section was a very pleasant experience. I had my c section on his day off but he stayed with me and my child/family for hours. He always makes me feel important and provides great medical care. I switched to him from Dr. Davis and wish I would have done it years ago!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][959176].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

I have only had good experiences with Dr. Altman. He has been my doctor with both of my pregnancies and has done two uterine suspension surgeries on me and has shown me nothing but compassion and kindness. It is true that he is incredibly mellow and some may view that as under reactive, but if you communicate a concern in my experience at least he always takes the time to listen and shows incredible compassion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][959175].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2011

Dr. Altman was wonderful throughout my entire pregnancy. I would recommend him to anyone!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][959174].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2010

I saw Dr.Altman during my first pregnancy. He was nice and all, but wasn't very helpful when it came to give me advise on the issues I was going through and questions I had, everything was "normal" no suggestions at all.He also kept changing/confusing my due date, and the last week of my last trimester I found out he was going to be out of town, he never mentioned that he wouldn't be there by my due date, neither he recommended I saw another OB,so I was on my own, without an OB at 39 weeks! Waiters and nurses tell you when their shifts are over, I was totally surprised a doctor didn't! It just wasn't a good experience and I would NOT recommend him, especially if it's your first pregnancy!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][959173].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2009

Due to cystic ovaries, I was referred to Dr. Altman who advised surgery. I had a hysterectomy some years ago and a ruptured ovarian cyst but my doctor at that time (in So. Calif) left my ovaries as I was in my 30's. Dr. Altman was very nice and performed the surgery. It seemed to go fine but, for some reason, I had stomach pain for 3 weeks after the surgery. I have no idea why as I am no novice at having anesthetic and surgery. I assume everything is okay but, if I were still living in Los Angeles, I'd be going back to my 0ld OB/Gyn. Read the other post about someone not getting test results. Welcome to medical care in 2008/09!!!! It's often the office staff. I saw a doctor at Sutter Health in Sacto and it took me 3 weeks and 7 phone calls before I was able to get my CT scan results. I'm a reasonable and courteous person but I raised hell by that 7th call and he called me back that day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][959172].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Dr. Altman was my OB/GYN for my first pregnancy in '08. He was kind, patient, and appeared to listen, yet was very dismissive of my concerns throughout the pregnancy. When I began bleeding during my 8th month, he said it was "normal" and brushed it off. I was in & out of the Birthing Center several times, but he still sent me home saying everything seemed okay. During my 37th week I began bleeding uncontrollably, and went in (AGAIN) to the Birthing Center. Dr.Altman finally suggested an emergency C-section. During the surgery he said that I'd had the surgery because of a chronic placental abruption (which was what caused the constant bleeding). He told me the next day that he removed necrotic uterine tissue & sent it for testing. Two months later, I have yet to hear back from him with the results despite several calls. Dr. Altman has a very pleasant demeanor, but he brushed off my concerns that were obviously legitimate, and I could have lost my baby due to his dismissiveness.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][959171].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2009

not very helpful and canceled two appointments

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][959170].votes_count ]]