Rate Dr. Stephen E. Fern

Dr. Stephen E. Fern's Ratings

After searching for a good GI doc in St. Louis. I can say I've definitely found one. Dr. Fern and staff have been nothing but excellent to deal with. Dr. Fern listens and is so friendly. I've always got the impression he's not just out to give you a pill and send you on your way. You get a plan of action after every appointment which I think is great. He even called more than once to let me know test results. Now that's a change, a doctor that listens and tries to call you!

Submitted Aug. 22, 2014 | flag

Staff said they would verify insurance coverage and never did. We asked 3 or 4 different staff members to have Dr Fern call and he never did.

Submitted Nov. 16, 2010 | flag

Dr. Fern is so friendly; he immediately puts you at ease. Diagnosed intestinal bacterial infection but performed colonoscopy and upper GI to eliminate other concerns. Patient friendly and returns calls; also listens. Would return without hesitation.

Submitted Nov. 1, 2009 | flag

I have the highest regard for Dr. Fern. He puts you completely at ease, treats you with respect, and has a really nice facility and competent staff. It's easy to talk to him. He's been very helpful in treating my IBS symptoms and pain after gall-bladder surgery.

Submitted March 10, 2008 | flag

Dr. Fern is an excellent Doctor for treatment of Hepatitis C. He is SO NICE and personable. He never failed to return my calls and he remembers my name and my details! He is knowledgable about the newest treatments and is not too arrogant to listen to what YOU have found online! I consider him a friend as well as my gastro Doc!

Submitted Oct. 3, 2007 | flag