Rate Dr. Robert J. D'Agostini

Dr. Robert J. D'Agostini's Ratings

Reading all, interesting. Several years ago I had Dr. D'Agostini replace my hip. Must have been a different doctor than those talking of a lesser professional. Didn't need bedside manner more, professional "cutting edge knowledge to bring me back to being all I once was". I returned to 100%, 100% in a time frame he described. I found reassuring his Direct, Realistic Understandable prognosis and follow through. Plus I found him an interesting man, feeling a need for his fields of professional scope, do consider this knowledgable and interesting Surgeon.

Submitted Sept. 14, 2014 | flag

Dr. D'Agostini has operated on my knee twice for different reasons, and in both cases my knee healed stronger than before with 100% mobility. He has horrible bedside manner- anyone who knows him knows that- but he is always on the cutting edge of what's going on in his field, doesn't tell you bullsh*t, and is very clear and direct. I know someone else who had shoulder surgery with him and they were very pleased with how it healed. He takes his time with you, explains everything, and you never leave feeling like you don't know what's going on. And after surgery- he comes to you and explains exactly what went on. I would recommend him HIGHLY.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2014 | flag

Old school, yes. Confident, yes. Knowlegeable, yes. Went for daughters initial eval for ACL tear. Maybe a touch cocky, but that's part of the confidence. Gave thorough review and explanation of diagnosis. Rattled off his credentials and success rates. Talked of the potential risks. Detailed plan of rehab to be followed exactly as he wants. Gave ample time for this visit and went beyond what was expected. Left room and came back, noticed my daughter was crying and asked her if she was. She said yes and he said "I would be too. You will be fine." So he isn't as heartless as he might seem. I though he was very personable. He encouraged a second opinion and gave us his competitors names. Told us the most important thing was to be comfortable with who we choose for surgery. And if we didn't choose him, he would be perfectly fine with it. My daughter and I were very impressed with our initial visit.

Submitted May 28, 2014 | flag

Well,...Yes he's old school. Impatient, demanding, at times gruff and colorful. You want someone to hold your hand and blow smoke, he's not your guy. Caring, accurate, no messing around, he's it. Examined a total complicated mess of my daughters knee post operative recovery and was very forthright regarding her condition. I don't want editorializing. I want accuracy and causes with solutions. He explained what went wrong professionally, no blame, said this is what going to happen and do you want to proceed...period. He does not suffer fools or people that waste his time. We had the surgery, great as expected outcome with realistic prognoses, no if and or buts. His way, or the highway. I was pleased, enthusiastic and I refer him with a caveat. I warn people to his demeanor, and that he takes his business seriously. Yes, I feel people have been way to critical of the guys personality. It may hurt him professionally, but I dont feel he cares. I liked him, I refer him and will cont. to.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2013 | flag

Gee, what can I add to this list of folks like me who express negative experiences here? RUDE - ARROGANT - CONDESCENDING ... what did I miss? How about having a negative impact on young patients? Our 21-yr-old son had suffered a broken clavicle and Dr. Dagastini surgically installed a metal plate to hold it all back together. There are no encouraging words in Dr. D’s vocabulary. We needed some guidance and inspiration (yeah right), and what was received was nasty, back-hand comments with no concrete advice as to expectations for recovery and healing and/or the need for PT at some point. His comments were so offensive that we actually wished he would spend LESS time with us, as his impact was so negative as to our son’s outlook on life at that time. Questions Are NOT Allowed. DO NOT GO TO THIS MAN. He needs to stop practicing so he can fly his plane more often - maybe hobnob with all those sports greats papering his walls. Enough said.

Submitted April 5, 2012 | flag

I went to Dr. D'Agostini with an MRI showing a torn patellar tendon. I had crippling pain and was completely unable to extend my right leg at the knee. After an very hasty and unthorough examination, he told me no surgery was needed, only physical therapy. Upon asking about my actual wound, he angrily dismissed it as "a benign-looking healing wound". Feeling uncomfortable with his diagnosis, I sought a second opinion. Long story short: I had a significant infection in my leg that had to be surgically debrided as it was spreading to my shinbone. Afterwards, I went through four weeks of intravenous (IV) antibiotics therapy to completely get rid of the infection. From what I gather, Dr. D'Agostini seems to be a very skilled surgeon. But what will that do if he is incompetent at diagnosing the issue that requires surgery? Had I heeded his medical guidance, I may have lost my leg to treatable infection. He needs to show more humility and patience in listening to patients' concerns.

Submitted March 30, 2012 | flag

This doctor lacks social skills. Behaves as if he is above it all and the patient is stupid. The reputation is that although he's an a** but does good work is absolutely untrue. Before having hand surgery he told me that he would take care of any problems (such a scar tissue)after the surgery should they occur. I did have scar tissue and moved my pulse from my wrist onto the heel of my thumb. When i asked if he would help to return my hand to normal as he had promised... he said no. When I complained he then said 'watch what I can do if I wanted to' and proceeded to stick a needle into my thumb thereby paralyzing it to droop uselessly. When I asked 'why did you do that to me? He said I can make you better OR I can make you worse. Intimating that I should just shut up and be glad that he didn't 'choose' to ruin my hand! I was both scared and outraged. I will never go back to that disturbed, rude, egomaniac! Please avoithis doctor and find one who is truthful, skillful and genuine.

Submitted March 28, 2011 | flag

Dr. D'Agostini has a terrible bedside mannner. I found him to be rude and condescending. I went to him for a shoulder injury and he spent half the time talking about his own shoulder injury, like I care. He told me I needed surgery and that nothing else would help me. He also said physical therapy was "stupid". When I told him his bedside manner needed an adjustment he called me an "ass".

Submitted Feb. 21, 2011 | flag

Short tempered. Unwilling to repeat information. MOre anxious to do a big ticket procedure than to help patient understand cause and effect. Won't return to this office.

Submitted Oct. 21, 2010 | flag

Dr. D'Agostini may not have the best bedside manner, but regardless he is a GREAT doctor. I have been to him for many broken bones, and so far 2 surgeries. He is the best surgeon around. You do not have to know any medical jargon to understand his directions. If you dont understand something, just ask him, hes a big boy, he can use other words to describe something. Just listen to the man, he knows what he's talking about. I have to admitt i didnt like his attitude at first, but thats because i was younger at the time. But i have grown to like him. The funny thing is that he throws jokes around, which very few tend to catch up on. I wouldnt go to any other doctor.

Submitted July 30, 2010 | flag