Rate Dr. Jose G. Montoya

Dr. Jose G. Montoya's Ratings

I went to Dr. Montoya on recommendation & reference from my endocrine specialist. I got an appointment after 2 months.On the day of my appointment, I was made to wait for >2 hrs in a clinic room because Dr. Montoya was late; Before he saw me, he sent his medical assistant (resident dr.) who spent 30minutes with me; when Dr. Montoya finally arrived, he spent no more than 5minutes. He focused on one quantiferon (TB) test that was done earlier and that was it...I have been ill for over 3months and Dr. Montoya could not bother listen to any of my history?? Beyond that, he ordered a CT scan for my chest; Now, the order of the scan did not go to the radiology because it had not cleared Dr. Montoya's clinic..reason being that my insurance company requested a call with Dr. Montoya. It has been over 10 days, and Dr. Montoya has not called the insurance company to clear the CT scan order. All-in-all, I am disappointed with Dr. Montoya's patient care.

Submitted June 11, 2010 | flag

This doctor specifically told me my lab results were negative and referred me to a psychiatrist. Years later, after becoming more and more sick and disabled, I ordered my medical records and see that was not true! Now I'm being treated for that disease and finally getting better after horrible years dealing with it. I have spoken with another person with an almost identical story. Scary!

Submitted July 8, 2009 | flag

One of the best, most knowledgeable, most compassionate physicians I have ever encountered. I am a patient with CFS, but have also worked on and off as an RN for many years, so I have much contact with physicians both personally and professionally, and there are very few that I would rate as highly as I rate Dr. Montoya. And he is one of the first infectious disease doctors to finally take CFS seriously and to investigate it. He has helped hundreds if not thousands of people with this illness and I'm sure many others

Submitted Jan. 2, 2008 | flag

Tremendous bedside manner. Great personality. Truly cares for his patients.

Submitted Oct. 1, 2007 | flag