You may also like

Rate Dr. Ivan Hucal

Dr. Ivan Hucal's Ratings

I saw Dr Hucal for nearly three years of orthodontic work back in 2005. My experience then was fantastic. Little did I realize the quality of his work. I had gauged it by the overall appearance of the results and the compliments from others. Yet, since then, it's the dentists who have commented on how great the orthodontic work was that he performed! My gratitude to Dr Hucal and his staff (they were always very kind and accommodating) has increased over the years as a result. Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2794017].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Very unhappy! Watch out for this doctor! he will make you go broke!
Had my daughter in for consulatation which he seems very knowledgable! Then agreed to treatment which included the appliances she was told she needed to expand her mouth after a close to 4500 bill which I though included her braces! Nope find out after a year and half of having appliances that braces were another 5-7K! I Like how they don't tell you that when she got appliances! The appliances them self cost 400 and I guess the other 4K is for her once a month appointment which was maybe 5 minutes long so apparently each visit was costing 335.00 for him to look in her mouth and say come back next month! After a year of turning this appliance and seeing him, he then states she now should have 3 teeth removed which was another extra bill which I had done at our local dentist! Do your research before giving this guy any money! Get a second opinion! I wish I did. That fancy new building he just renovated is all your paying for BEWARE!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2779672].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

My teeth look SO AMAZING! I have been self concious about my teeth for many years and didn't like the way they made me feel. But now, I can't stop smiling! I found Dr. Hucal to be extremely knowledgeable, detailed and a great guy to chat with. This is more than I would have expected. I have recommended him to others. This office is simply the best in the Red Deer area, and my friends would also agree. Overall an A++ experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2711724].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

Had to wait a bit.
Staff was a bit unfriendly and know-it-alls

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2659034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

This office has become too busy. I have had to wait to see Dr Hucal for over an hour. My time is valuable and I don't appreciate the lack of respect making us wait.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2651139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

My child had a great experience with Dr. Hucal! The girls in the front and back are very friendly and knowledgable with every question that came up along the way. The only negative thing was the wait time, sometimes Dr. Hucal would pass our room several times before coming in, therefore our 30 minute appointment would turn into an hour appointment. Once we did have his attention things went Great!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2563957].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2493308].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

Dr. Hucal is without a doubt a very skilled man! My daughter and I saw him for an initial exam and were greeted by very professional front area staff. We were taken into the exam room where the initial exam lady gathered detailed information from us and reviewed the forms that we filled out before we came. In a very short time Dr. Hucal came in. Very personable and I knew my daughter liked him right away. After his examination , he reviewed with us in detail ( and in words we could understand) exactly what he was recommending. We left knowing exactly what the treatment would be and how much it would cost. Within a couple of weeks my daughter had her braces on! Over the next 18 months we went for regular visits, which were always very informative. Progress reports , oral hygiene reports and encouraging words when needed. Overall experience was exceptional . My daughters teeth look beautiful!! I Highly recommend this Orthodontist !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][961880].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2013

I went for braces and he assured me they would aid in straightening my front teeth. After we had paid and were finished treatment he told me I had a tongue thrust since I was younger and therefore if I wanted to see results for longer than a few months after the braces were done then I should see a speech pathologist (which is not a cheap option). I was very suspicious that he only figured out the tongue thrust after treatment but was informing me that I showed signs of having it since I was little. Would not recommend going there or else be very wary his reasonings for braces and dig a little deeper yourself.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][961879].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2013

I'm not sure who these back staff are that are 'unfriendly' but I've been going to see Dr. Hucal for three years and every staff member has treated me fantastic. Front and back staff are always polite and friendly, Dr.Hucal is knowledgeable, kind and radiates a positive energy. Love this place!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][961878].votes_count ]]