Rate Dr. Ivan Hucal

Dr. Ivan Hucal's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 12, 2014 | flag

Dr. Hucal is without a doubt a very skilled man! My daughter and I saw him for an initial exam and were greeted by very professional front area staff. We were taken into the exam room where the initial exam lady gathered detailed information from us and reviewed the forms that we filled out before we came. In a very short time Dr. Hucal came in. Very personable and I knew my daughter liked him right away. After his examination , he reviewed with us in detail ( and in words we could understand) exactly what he was recommending. We left knowing exactly what the treatment would be and how much it would cost. Within a couple of weeks my daughter had her braces on! Over the next 18 months we went for regular visits, which were always very informative. Progress reports , oral hygiene reports and encouraging words when needed. Overall experience was exceptional . My daughters teeth look beautiful!! I Highly recommend this Orthodontist !

Submitted Nov. 25, 2013 | flag

I went for braces and he assured me they would aid in straightening my front teeth. After we had paid and were finished treatment he told me I had a tongue thrust since I was younger and therefore if I wanted to see results for longer than a few months after the braces were done then I should see a speech pathologist (which is not a cheap option). I was very suspicious that he only figured out the tongue thrust after treatment but was informing me that I showed signs of having it since I was little. Would not recommend going there or else be very wary his reasonings for braces and dig a little deeper yourself.

Submitted Oct. 1, 2013 | flag

I'm not sure who these back staff are that are 'unfriendly' but I've been going to see Dr. Hucal for three years and every staff member has treated me fantastic. Front and back staff are always polite and friendly, Dr.Hucal is knowledgeable, kind and radiates a positive energy. Love this place!

Submitted July 22, 2013 | flag

The front staff have always been polite, helpful and cheerful. The back staff, well, you never know what you are going to get. Most are disinterested, clearly unhappy, don't smile, don't want to be talked too. Some are the complete opposite. Dr. Hucal is a breath of fresh air and we can't wait until he shows up, the mood suddenly changes. Dr. Hucal has a great bed side manor, clearly cares for his patients and is very professional. He has always thoroughly explained what the goals are for my daughters care. He has a great sense of humour and my daughter can't wait to see him every time. Thank you so much Dr. Hucal for the great care.

Submitted March 1, 2013 | flag

Hucal was great, but his nurses are bags who don't care if they cause you pain. And to the idiot that said there's no "Ivor Hucal" that's because it's Ivan Hucal.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2013 | flag

Very knowledgable and very pleased with results for all four members of our family

Submitted Oct. 24, 2012 | flag

Dr. Hucal is efficient, knowledgeable, current and professional. As icing on the cake, he is one of the most personable, kind and compassionate doctors I have ever encountered. As a former registered nurse, I had great curiosity and many questions about what he was doing and he always took the time to answer any of my questions and explained everything completely to my satisfaction. The major part of my regime was undergoing radical jaw surgery. I ended up experiencing severe pain for a very prolonged period that only occurs in 2-3% of the population. Dr. Hucal was very attentive to my care this whole time and oozed with compassion. He gave me hope at every appointment and always put my mind at ease and all his predictions about my progress came to pass just as he would say. I would and do recommend him very highly and I have great trust in and respect for this man.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2011 | flag

Didn't have a good experience with this Doctor. He seemed to be more interested in getting my son to have expensive cosmetic oral surgery that we were unable to afford and then acted like we were bad parents for saying no to the surgery. All we wanted was my son's teeth straightened which he did do, and did a great job on that, but there was alot of pressure to get this surgery done, to the point that we dreaded taking my son in for his appointments because there was always a confrontation

Submitted Aug. 12, 2011 | flag

Fantastic orthodontist! Rarely spend any time waiting in the waiting room for appointments. The staff there are all helpful and friendly, I actually miss my regular visits there for this reason. I was in braces for just over 3 years, but the results are definitely worth it. He is very personable, humerous, and a truly gifted Doctor. I would suggest any of my friends or family to him. The results are excellent, and the after-care is great. Thank you! I got my smile back :)

Submitted March 24, 2011 | flag