Dr. Larry R. Ryan

Grad. Year: 1983

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 30/09/07    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Larry R. Ryan has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2809149
23/08/13 5 5 4 4 was very pleased with the friendliness of the staff and the ease in which their front office gal is with patients. Dr. Ryan was very knowledgeable and not only wanted to treat me, but he educated me as well. I have been with Dr. Ryan for over 30 years and he has always taken the time to educate me as to how I can over come pain as well as offer support through referrals.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 2768488
14/08/13 5 4 5 5 I have been a patient of Northwest Medical Center for over 20 years. I just read Dr. Ryan's reviews and can say I am blown away at how people who probably didn't get what they wanted so they fabricate stories of him yelling in their face and slamming his clipboard on his knees. I've NEVER heard him yell and be anything but helpful and willing to educate and I've NEVER seen him with a clipboard in his hand. His staff is friendly and they make it enjoyable to go there. I have referred several people to Dr. Ryan and they've come back to me with pleasant comments.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2766899
13/08/13 5 3 5 5 Dr. Ryan has been quite helpful over the years. On occasion, he has been up to 30 minutes past my appointment time, but when he gets to me, I have never felt rushed, even when I bring up more minor issues that were not the main reason for my appointment. So I figure other patients before me probably had done the same thing, so I don't begrudge him as I hope others after me return the same courtesy. I would prefer this much more than feeling rushed or not being able to bring up more minor issues that were last minute thoughts. Overall, great doctor
RID: 2764197
12/08/13 5 3 5 5 I've been going to Dr. Ryan for many years. He's always up on the latest studies. He's extremely personable. He can be blunt, however, sometimes that's what's needed. He does care about his patients and spends the time with you that's required instead of just skimming over everything. I highly recommend him and his staff.  Respond
RID: 2758921
10/08/13 5 4 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Ryan for many years and find him to have a great sense of humor. He takes his job serious and does not beet around the bush when it comes to my health. He tells me like it is and in layman terms so I understand better what he is talking about. He does not recommend tests unless there is a reason for them. If he is unsure about a diagnosis, he will consult with other physicians (Two heads are better then one)to get the best answer to my concerns. I would recommend Dr. Ryan to my friends and family who are looking for a family physician. He is one of the best I have met.
RID: 1516403

18/08/11 3 1 1 1 This has to be the worst physician of all time! I have been to many different doctors in my lifetime, but never one that thought it was ok to belittle and yell at his patients. This doctor has no problems putting his patients down and letting them know how stupid he thinks they are. Dont dare ask any questions, he will either tell you he is not going to answer them (yes, he actually said this a number of times), will get angry with you for what he percieves as questioning his opinion, or does not diagnose you with anything, but he will give you a handful of tests he wants done. Maybe so other doctors can tell him what is really wrong with you when he can't. This doctor threw a child-like tantrum when I tried to explain to him what my symptoms were, he banged his note pad on his knees and got really close to my face, I literally thought he was going to pass out like a child does when they dont get their way. My granddaughter and daughter were in the room with me & were also shocked.
RID: 1093511
30/01/10 5 4 5 5 He's been my family physician for 20 + years and I've followed him through 3 offices. He's worth it.
Insurance: AARP
RID: 1050729
05/12/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Ryan has been our family dr. for many years, and we have never had a negative experience. He has always been very patient and listens to my concerns. He explains things very well. He has always been very helpful in dealing with my condition.He always made sure I was refered out when necessary. No complaints.  Respond
RID: 981298
06/09/09 2 2 1 2 abrupt, rude, condesending attitude,He needs to take another class on bedside manners
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 798603
24/02/09 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing dr. ryan for many years and never has he ever raised his voice to me, never talked down to me and was always and continues to be a very helpful Dr especially now that I have been diagnosed with diabetes and within a month we have it under controls and my A1C has dropped from 30 to 5.4 He is a good Dr and the staff is very helpful
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 452576
29/11/07 1 1 1 1 When the DR. recently diagnosed me with a chronic illness, I immediately started asking questions. He raised his voice to me, and then asked if I had access to the Internet. When I said I did, he told me to look it up there! Several times during the exam I had to ask him to please lower his voice. He was literally yelling at me for not being able to understand what he was telling me. After feeling completely berated and humiliated, I walked out. I am still dealing with this illness with absolutely no help from my health care provider! In my opinion, this man should not be allowed to deal with patients.  Respond
RID: 422020
01/10/07 3 3 1 1 He is one of several physicians at the Northwest Medical Center. At the last appointment he proceeded to ask me several questions as doctors do during the office visit. One of the questions raised some concern in my mind. Why is he asking that? I was a little worried. When I asked him if he thought it might be something serious, he slammed his clipboard on his lap, looked directly at me, and with an angry and bitter tone said that if I wanted to know if it was something serious then he would go and get several medical books, bring them to me, and let me search the books to find the answer. He went on and on in this manner for a several minutes, when a simple 'Yes' of 'No' would have sufficed. I couldn't chaulk it up to a bad day on his part. He was equally as insulting at previous appointments. I just couldn't sit there and allow him to ridicule me any longer. I got up and walked out. I now have a collection agency reporting an unpaid bill on my credit report.  Respond