Rate Dr. Melanie A. Sinatra

Dr. Melanie A. Sinatra's Ratings

I had a great experience at Dr. Sinatra's office. She is very knowledgeable and thorough. Her staff is professional and efficient. I highly recommend Dr. Sinatra.

Submitted April 24, 2014 | flag

This office has the worst billing of any doctor or other professional that I have known. Even though I had been here once before for an eye exam with no payment issues, they made me pay in cash for this visit saying that they would reimburse me when the insurance company paid them (they told me that they accepted my insurance company ahead of time). They then made me wait for over an hour past the time of my appointment. It turns out my plan is NOT accepted by Ms. Sinatra and I ended up paying the whole tab. Three months later they send me a bill for money they claimed was not fully paid by the insurance company for my visit of 2 years ago. Money which I know was paid. The staff refuses to discuss the issue except to say that their office changed their billing software.

Submitted Jan. 31, 2014 | flag

She is a great doctor, who always tries to find the soltion to my family's issues! I totally reccemend Dr. Sinatra!

Submitted Dec. 18, 2013 | flag

Dr. Melanie Sinatra has been very professional, knowledgeable and compassionate with me and my recent, crazy life of painful, infected chalazeans (blocked tear glands). My own ophthalmologist was extremely unhelpful and Dr. Sinatra was recommended to me with the highest regard. Her friendly staff always fits me in when I call, panicked, in the morning if I feel a chaleazean coming on. The longest I have had to wait in her office is half an hour, which I feel is appropriate if they are fitting me in unexpectedly. Her tech staff have been most thorough when documenting my eye history, and have always been sympathetic with my situation. The most important thing is that Dr. Sinatra has helped me with my condition and I feel that with her help, an end to this condition is possible.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2013 | flag

My family and I have been going to this office for over 30 yrs, when owned by Dr Spizziri. The wait is a minimum of 2-3 hours which is crazy. The office staff is rude, moody and snippy. It is clear that they only care about money & nothing else.. My son recently had an eye infection that kept returning which totaled $800 in copays & other fees. My son paid it all upfront & from his own pocket because I am a single unemployed mom. He asked the dr to cut him alittle break as each visit was $50 sometimes 2x & drops prescribed ran $300 every 2 wks. I don't expect charity but do expect some compassion for patients facing hardship. Plus she never remedied the problem & he still has it today. He asked for a break on copays & more samples of Rx and was told "sorry I have to pay rent". My son was upset & said he would never go back. Dr Sinatra is pretentious & doesn't understand hardship as she brags about her own life. I have never been treated this way by anyone & will not return.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2013 | flag

I have been a long standing patient of Dr. Sinatra's for many years. Recently I needed cataract surgery that she effortlessly performed. Dr. Sinatra restored my vision to 20/20 after several other physicians said it wouldn't be possible. She is a top notch Ophthalmologist who is professional, down-to-earth, compassionate, and extremely experienced. Being in the medical field myself I am overly cautious with my choice of a doctor and Dr. Melanie Sinatra wins my vote hands down. I would recommend her to anyone looking for the best of the best.

Submitted May 29, 2013 | flag

My family and I have been a patient of D. Sinatra for over 10 years. I recommend her whole heartedly. She s very professional, takes her time with you, NEVER rushes you and is top in her field. Her staff is top notch. You always know where you are in terms of the visit and what comes next. She explains everything and is very patient. I never mind waiting because the appointment has to have several drops and when it's my turn I am never rushed. That is worth more to me then being rushed in and out of an appointment. You will not find a more professional caring doctor.

Submitted Jan. 14, 2013 | flag

Dr. Sinatra is a consummate professional with excellent bedside manners, and a brilliant physician. She is humble, caring, honest and thorough. When I come to see her with an eye problem, I seem to come in with a ton of questions (thanks to the internet) and she patiently explains everything to alleviate my concerns. She also had a great personality which makes going to the eye doctor a little less nerve-wrecking. The wait time varies as in any doctor's office these days, so it's not something that bothers me too much, but on the flip side, she does give me quality time when I'm sitting in her examination chair. Overall, I trust her with my eyes and I think she is a fantastic Opthalmologist. I live in NYC and I make a visit to see her in NJ.

Submitted Dec. 22, 2012 | flag

Dr. Sinatra is pleasant and courteous. She is a competent professional who spends time with her patients addressing their questions and concerns. My visit was rather serious and I was very nervous, however, Dr. Sinatra had me feeling at ease immediately. If you are in need of a TOP Opthamologist, I recommend her with full confidence. The staff was wonderful, very professional and competent. The office is very clean and orderly. From billing to appointments the staff is very accommodating. Dr. Sinatra and her staff are EXCELLENT.

Submitted Dec. 21, 2012 | flag

I brought my mother to Dr. Sinatra due to her poor vision. My mother has early Alzheimer's and can be very difficult to deal with at times. I was nervous that she would not be cooperative with the exam due to her condition. Dr. Sinatra was so kind and patient with my mother and got to the root of the problem. My mom was not given the time or care she needed when I took her to another physician about 6 months ago. We are very happy with the care she received here and will be returning as well as recommending her to others.

Submitted Dec. 17, 2012 | flag