Rate Dr. Richard S. Rhee

Dr. Richard S. Rhee's Ratings

Do not go to this doctor for lyme. Even with a positive test, he will dismiss you. Lyme boards list him as lyme literate but he is very mainstream. See you in 6 months, as others has stated, is a common response. May be a good neurologist for other neurological issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2435300].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2014

This man is pill happy. Before he even ran any tests, he gave me medication. (And it was medication I didn't need.) I saw him because I was having what I thought were seizures. He is so incompetent that he misread a 36 hour EEG and misdiagnosed me with epilepsy. After a year of taking epilepsy medication, I went to an actual epileptologist. I had a 72 hour EEG, and I was told I never had epilepsy. It was actually panic attacks. How can anyone claim to be a neurologist when they can't even read an EEG properly? How does a doctor misdiagnose a patient with something as serious as epilepsy? I would never recommend this doctor to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2435299].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2014

Brought in son who has lyme, Dr. Rhee was of no help. All we did was fill out paperwork. Never gave us any help, just see you in 6 months. I would not go to him for lyme, don't know about how he is with anything else

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962216].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2014

Dr Rhee is a great neurologist. He has treated my headaches for 20 years, I've never had to miss a day of work thanks to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962215].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2013

Dr. Rhee is wonderful. He spends a tremendous amount of time with his patients. He is also caring and easy to talk with. His staff is also wonderful. He is one the best doctors I have ever been to. It is obvious he truly cares about his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962214].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2011

I saw this Dr 2 times specifically for Lyme (he claims to be a so called "Lyme specialist")so I cannot comment on his main specialty which is neurology. Use good testing labs but does not go further than treating the test results, not the patient. I was highly incapacitated and he was of no real help and said "see you in 6 months". Seriously? Shortly after, saw a real lyme specialist who did a very good workup, provided a diagnosis and treatment that worked. So by comparison, I can say that seeing Dr Rhee was a waste of time and money. Also, he has a bunch of med student interns which in essence is ok but when you are a complex case you have to tell them your entire story and they perform their exams before you can see the doctor, and this every time! So tiring and irritating when you ill.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962213].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2011

Dr. Rhee is kind and compassionate with a calming personality. He was also extremely thorough and listened intensely. He took the time to listen to my concerns and was determined to find the problem. I would recommend him to anyone who was looking for a neurologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962212].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

Dr. Rhee is wonderful. He usually doesn't see small children, but for some reason he agreed to see my 4 year old son. He has been great with regards to treatment for my son's Lyme. Thank goodness there are doctors like Dr. Rhee out there. Although my son doesn't understand what is going on, Dr. Rhee has put my nerves at bay with his knowledge on Lyme Disease. LOVE HIM!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

I travel from pennsylvania to see Dr Rhee. He understands the complicated symptoms of Lyme. He fights for his patients against the insurance company, and listens!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962210].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009

My daughter would not be alive today if it were not for Dr. Rhee. He is wonderful, knowledgeable and never gives up on his patients. His staff is always kind and caring. I am also his patient and he is the only doctor who has been able to get the pain from my Neuropathy under control. He spends a fair amount of time with you and is very intellegent. His fees are resonable and he excepts my insurance. I thank God for Dr. Rhee and his staff. Debby from NJ.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962209].votes_count ]]