Rate Dr. Steven Budoff

Dr. Steven Budoff's Ratings

I highly recommend Dr. Budoff to any patient. He is extremely kind and seems to truly care about his patients' wellbeing. He is my 4th psychiatrist in 5 years and is the only one to get my diagnosis right and quickly. He put me on the proper medication and truly changed my life for the better! I don't know what I would do without Dr. Budoff. He is very knowledgable and skilled at what he does. Also, not many doctors will give out their personal cell phone number if you need anything at all. He treats me with respect and allows me to be part of the decisions. He is a great listener and understanding. I am very lucky to have found Dr. Budoff and I plan on being his patient for a long time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513941].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2014

Horrible listening skills, repeatedly bumblingly apologized for changing appointments etc. Always used someone else's office and you could hear every word spoken in the office while waiting in the waiting room. I asked him several times to address me appropriately, but he never did - wrong prefix and mispronounced sir-name (so asked him to just use my simple first name). When I decided to discontinue seeing him he was confrontational and refused to provide my records - as required by law.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2435309].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Dr. Budoff is one of the best doctors, in any field of practice, whatsoever! He's always on time always available very patient and generous with his time. He will listen to you and your problems and figure out the best solution to solve them involving you in the process. I would travel extra distance or pay any price to keep him as my doctor, if you have a chance to become his patient you would be foolish not to grab it! The best doctor on this site, for sure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2435308].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Nice bedside manner. Not very helpful for teen suffering from depression. Quick to prescribe and diagnose, going through standard checklist but misinterpreting some answers and not considering other relevant background information. Unwilling/unable to coordinate with therapist as he has "hundreds of patients". Saw pharma rep entering when leaving. Might be helpful for some but not for this teen. Waited over 1 month for 1st appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2435307].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Steven Budoff to anybody who is in need of a psychiatrist. Dr. Budoff is a very competent, knowledgeable doctor and I have complete confidence in his decisions and course of treatment. In addition, Dr. Budoff is very compassionate, understanding, genuinely concerned about my health problems and he is doing everything in his power to help me. He always took his time to listen to me and he treated me like a friend. He always answered promptly when called, even off office hours or over the weekend. The office staff is very friendly and helpful. I feel very fortunate and thankful that I am in the care of Dr. Budoff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962259].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2013

I suffered in silence with ADD/ADHD for many years without a proper medical diagnosis or supervised medical treatment. Dr. Budoff was recommended to me through my health insurance network, and I made an appointment for a consultation. That was the first day of the rest of my life. Dr. Budoff immediately diagnosed my condition accurately, prescribed me a new medication which completely turned my life around, and has continued to follow up with me for the past two years on a monthly basis. I almost lost my career, my marriage and control of my life due to my condition and thanks to Dr. Budoff, I am back on my feet and recovering with a healthy and positive outlook on life and myself. If anyone has had a bad experience with a psychiatrist before and are in the NJ area, Dr. Budoff can help you get the medical attention you need in a professional and caring manner. Dr. Budoff listens to your concerns during every monthly appointment. He is caring, professional, and extremely courteous.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962258].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2013

Doctor Budoff really cares about his patients. His staff is friendly, courteous, and efficient. I would not want to see any other doctor other then Doctor Budoff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962257].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2013

I agree with the previous poster. I have been seen by Dr. Budoff for the last two years for my bipolar condition. I have worked with about 7 or 8 psychiatrists in the last 20 years, and Dr. Budoff is by far the best and most caring of ANY doctor that I have ever visited for treatments! He is very sincere, and attentive and he truly cares about his patients. As someone else mentioned...how many doctors give you their cell phone number AND call you back? He is simply the best and I am writing this because I consider myself very fortunate to have such an amazingly skilled and caring doctor. If you are in need of a great psychiatrist, look no further...you will be very pleased with the results! Thank you for being such a great doctor and a great person, Dr. Budoff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962256].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2013

Dr. Steven Budoff is the most amazing, understanding doctor I have ever come across in my entire life. He always starts out by asking me how I'm doing, how I'm feeling, etc. He listens to me throughout our whole session and understands me because he gives me the greatest feedback. I couldn't of asked for a better psychiatrist than him. Thank you Dr. Budoff for always being there for me, continuing to treat me and will always help and treat me!!! There's no better doctor out there!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962255].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Budoff for about 5 years. He's a kind and caring man that is truely concerned with the well-being of his patients. Sometimes you'll have to wait between 15 and 30 minutes to see him, however this is only because he spends a lot of time with each patient and will not end the session simply because time is up. Most Doctors will not dedicate this much time to their patients. When I was going through a difficult time, he gave me his cell phone and told me to call him at anytime. How many MD's will give you their cell phone number? not many. As someone who has been struggling with emotional issues for a long time, its a good feeling to know that I have a true professional that is in my camp and that I know will always look out for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962254].votes_count ]]