Rate Dr. Eric B. Mann

Dr. Eric B. Mann's Ratings

I saw Dr. Mann for a problem I was having with my eye. He is knowledgeable, courteous, kind & I had every confidence in Dr. Mann's diagnosis & suggested treatment. He was very reassuring that my problem was not as serious as I thought & that all would be ok. I will be returning to see Dr. Mann for future eye exams, I hope for many years to come. His front desk staff however needs some improvement in customer/patient service. When I arrived for my appointment, I stood right in front of the receptionists & felt invisible. I was ignored until they were ready to acknowledge me. This was not my first visit to this office & this has happened numerous times. A simple nod or an I'll be right with you would suffice, but standing there for several minutes is unacceptable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962467].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2013

Dr. Mann is one of the best doctors I've ever encountered. He did laser surgery on both eyes to correct narrow angles and did it perfectly. He has a lot of experience, inspires confidence and trust and is a caring human being. He doesn't rush you, listens patiently, explains thoroughly. I feel very lucky to be in his care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962466].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

I was recommended to Dr. Mann by another doctor who uses Dr. Mann himself so I knew I would be in good hands. The wait is never long and the staff is always pleasant. Dr. Mann is gentle, kind and explains things. What I also like about him is that he is monitoring my condition rather to be quick to operate. I would definitely recommend him to other.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962465].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2012

Dr. Mann was great. Wait time was minimal as he seemed to make every effort to be on time. He addressed my concerns and spent the time to educate me about my problems. He and the staff genuinely seemed to care and made me feel very comfortable about my exam. I feel and see better...couldn't make a stronger recommendation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962464].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2011

Dr Mann was great! We recently moved to NJ from the DC area and had a hard time finding an Ophthalmologist we liked. (Sad to say Dr. Mann was our 3rd try.) We decided to try him after all the positive reviews, my daughter thought he was absolutely the best!! However, after meeting with their contact lense fitter, Erin, we have decided not to return to the practice. Although everyone else in the practice was wonderful, she was very rude to my daughter and put down our pediatric ophthalmologist from DC. It makes me wonder what Erin's medical training/background is that she feels comfortable discrediting another doctor. She barely knows my daughter's medical history. I felt it was very unprofessional and uncaring. If my daughter didn't need contacts, we would definitely go back to Dr. Mann. (Also, if you go in and pay the $75. for a contact lens fitting, you are required to purchase a year's supply of contacts from the office. That didn't seem right to me either.)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962463].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2010

The doctors assistant is friendly and caring. Within minutes Dr. Mann arrived. He was and is polite, calm and knowledgeable. His manner is very assuring. I would highly recommend Dr. Mann.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962462].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2008

The staff at the front desk was helpful, but they were complaining about new patients the entire time I was up there (I happened to be one) and couldn't tell if the remarks were directed at me or just in general. Either way, it made me a bit uncomfortable. As soon as I was done with my paperwork, I was brought in to see the doctor. The assistants were very friendly and personable, as was Dr. Mann himself. He brought to my attention many new methods of curing my issues, which I had never heard of from my previous doctors. The only thing I thought odd was how he would pop into my room for thirty seconds, do his tests, then signal a nurse to come in to administer eye drops or whatever needed to be done next, while he left to go see another patient. I understand this is to be efficient and speed the wait time along, but it still cut down on the face time each patient has with him. I never did feel rushed, however, and he did answer any question I had and he was very friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962461].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2008

I had to wait about 30 minutes to see the doctor but some of this time was due to paperwork associated with my being a new patient. Having been to a number of eye doctors over the years, I was pleased by his warm, friendly personality. He explained each of the tests as he was doing them and after completing the tests, he clearly explained the results and answered all of my questions. The office staff was very professional, competent and friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962460].votes_count ]]