Rate Dr. Michael Goldberger

Dr. Michael Goldberger's Ratings

Competent. Professional. Compassionate. To a person, these are the words that come to mind when I think of my experience at Tri-County Orthopedics after suffering a Jones Fracture (break to my 5th metatarsal). I was extremely frustrated after two "bad" prior experiences trying to find the right care for my foot (and the rest of my person, as dealing with a broken foot and the ensuing immoblity takes some adjustment- and assistance) and hoped that this doctor's visit wouldn't end in more delay in getting proper care, with little more to show for it than another $40 co-pay. I knew I was in for a different, POSITIVE, experience as I was greeted immediately with a smile upon arriving for my first visit. I was immediately seen, and offered assistance in carrying my xrays and boot, as I was on crutches, (amazingly, at the prior doctor I had gone to, three members of the dr's staff WATCHED as I tried, on my crutches, to navigate opening a door in, while carrying my boot and x-rays and never offered assistance). As the assistant took off my old cast, he commented on the angle that a cast should be at to assist with healing and muscle atrophy (something not done properly by a prior doctor) and took time talking to me. Dr. Goldberger's PA was excellent - she was professional and no-nonsense, but that doesn't mean she sacrificed taking the time to give full patient care, taking time to answer all my questions and thoughtfully, competently conducted her part of the visit (putting on/taking off casts, examining the foot pre/post surgery). Dr. Goldberger started his first visit with me by listening to me: not only what had happened to my foot, but what the impact of the injury had been on me and my life, and what my needs were vis-a-vis a broken foot. Instead of prescribing a generic care regime, he made his recommendation of surgery (and immediate surgery, so true healing could begin asap) in response to what I said (my break was about a month prior to my first visit and the care I had received to date left me with one month in a cast non-weight bearing and a bigger fracture, due to bone absorption- no prospects for walking or returning to "normal life" any time soon). The surgery itself went as smoothly as the office visit- I cannot believe how small the surface evidence is of such a large surgery (approx 3" scr*ew permanently in my foot). In the follow-up visits, again, to a person in the office (which reflects on the doctors' leadership in setting a tone and expectations), I was always treated respectfully, professionally and competently, whether by x-ray technicians, PA's or the doctor's office assistant. Going to the doctor's office for follow-up visits was not something I dreaded but instead looked forward to, and with each visit, regardless of the progress my foot made (some weeks saw more bone growth than others), I felt like I was moving forward in healing my whole person. Less than two months after surgery, I was again walking in a shoe and three months on, my bone had healed sufficiently to restart all my physical activities- and a full, independent life. THANK YOU Dr. Golderger and the whole team at Tri-County Orthopedics for helping me through a challenging time after I broke my foot, and getting me back on my feet, not only literally by mentally as well!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2696925].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2015

after two failed surgeries and a period of 4 years... I am finally walking pain free

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962739].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

I had a tendon break in my foot due to all the extreme activities I participate in. I went to three ogther surgeons and they all said I might get 50-60% of the use of my foot back.To me that was unacceptable, I'm relativly young and still want to compete and participate in all the sports I so and work as well. I found Dr Goldberger and knew right away he was the right man for the job. I had the surgery 4/25/11 and as of 11/24/11 I am 100% back to normal. It was a long road, very detailed surgery with a tendon replacement and a ostyotmy to correct my stance. I had 14 weeks of no driving and no weight bearing but it all was worth it. Dr Goldberger is probably only one of a hand full of surgeons that could have done this and I can't say enough good things about him. Reading some of these other posts I find it hard to belive they were seeing the same doctor. I found him to be funny, smart, and professional. I never waited more than 4 minutes to see him and his staff is great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962738].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2011

Went to several doctors looking for help with foot. Dr. Goldberger really listened to me. He figured out what my problem was and really explained what my options were. I had surgery last December and could not be more pleased. The physical therapist said my recovery was the quickest he has ever seen. My foot looks and feels great

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962737].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

I went to see Dr. Goldberger serveral times for a severe boken anlkle which needed surgery. Surgery went well, but as others have mentioned everything was very rushed and I was just another broken ankle. my painwas severe and it was just bruhsed aside. his direct staff is not very helpful, it takes multiple calls to get any proper response. My ankle is still not properly healed, but apparently only PT can help (although I've done PT for over a year). I'm seeing another doctor for a second opinion.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][962736].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2011

After suffering and being misdiagnosed for many years a doctor finally recommended I see Dr.Michael Goldberger. This was the beginning of the beginning. From a break I sustained 35 years ago, arthritis set in so badly I could not walk more often then I could. I found out I was a candidate for ankle replacement surgery. This procedure was fairly new and after investigating my options I knew Michael Golberger was for me. Almost 3 years later I am basically pain free and walking unassisted. I finally felt the beach again and am able to do anything. Thank you Dr.G. and staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962735].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2010

I have had 3 ankle surgeries for heel spur with Dr Goldberger. One of them them was a a re-do as the pin that he used to re-attach my Achille's tendon came out in spite of being in a cast. He seem's to be pleasant and knowledgeable but sometimes a bit rushed. I AM TAKING TRI COUNTY ORTHO TO COURT 9/27/10 BECAUSE THEY CALLED IN AN OUT OF NETWORK SURGEONS FIRST ASST - EXPLAINING AFTERWARDS THAT THEIR STAFF PERSON WAS NOT AVAILABLE ON THE DAY OF MY SURGERY. I'M STUCK WITH A BILL FOR $1,680 AFTER TAKING PAINS TO MAKE SURE ALL SERVICES WOULD BE IN NETWORK.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962721].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2010

Dr. Goldberger has been my doctor for a long time. He is extremely intelligent & will go into detail about your diagnosis. Some people may have a problem following along. He is not a hand-holder, if that is what you need-that is not to say he is not supportive-his support is in that he educates you on your condition, considers your individual needs & situation and is honest about its impact. The staff is sometimes overburdened. I find this indicative of a broken healthcare system more so than any incompetence on their part. They have advocated quite well for me in dealing with disability issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009

Dr. Goldberger is by far the best doctor I have gone to. He knew exactly what was wrong and knew exactly what to do. I played field hockey so he made sure my recovery time would not effect my playing time. Being in the OR with him was a great expierence and he made me feel extremely comfortable. He talked to me the WHOLE time about EVERYTHING. So, for everyone that says his personality isn't the best...have surgery with him and then you'll see how fantastic he is and what a great doctor he is!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

very rushed and condescending. Poor bedside manner and difficult to understand. Maybe because they are overbooked? Loooong wait time but in and out the doctor's room. NEXT! Did not help problem

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][962732].votes_count ]]