You may also like

Rate Dr. Ziv. Feldman

Dr. Ziv. Feldman's Ratings

I am a 60 year old male and Dr. Feldman recently repaired a botched operation on my right foot, done by another podiatrist last year. The operation was extensive, straightening out 4 of my toes with 3 long incisions and two pins. The surgery, follow-up appointments and physiotherapy were all top-notch. Dr. Feldman's "bed-side manner" is very professional and his staff are extremely helpful and dedicated. My foot has healed and is much better than when I first went in to see them. I will honestly miss them!

Chuck Sawyer

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2749489].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

I had a Lt bunionectomy done by Dr Feldman in 2012 with phenomenal results and booked to have my right one done as soon as he was able to get me in. It was done in April of 2014 and continued to give some problems, not the bunionectomy itself, but the arthritis that continued to grow in other bones, eventually causing fractures. I just underwent a joint replacement to the right foot and am super happy with the outcome of it, though it is still healing. I have been reading some of the other ratings on here and am surprised with the comments as I have never experienced any rudeness or tardiness when I am at his clinic. His staff are totally amazing and I have had every question I ask answered to my satisfaction. I am also recognized when I enter the office and all of the staff call me by name and remember details of our past discussions! I have referred many of my friends to Dr Feldman, accompanying some of them, and all have expressed their happiness in their care by him and by his staff.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2746091].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

I had bunions on both feet, they hurt about the same. Decided to get left done first and before my bunionectony I asked if I can expect to have no pain. He said "Absolutely. That's why we're doing it!" However post surgery (now 2 yrs) I continue to have pain. He glanced at my foot and said "it's fine" in a 'what are you talking about' tone. Osteoarthritis apparently, but aren't they supposed to be able to see that on the X-rays? Tried Durolane injections ($400 a shot) and the improvement was minor. In the end, it was not worth the $4000 surgery as compared to my non surgery foot, my corrected foot is not much better- just no pain due to the bump itself, which I of course still have on my other foot.
Surgery day I didn't get in until 1.5 hrs after my booked time, but follow up apps was good.
Bedside manner 2/5. I found him to be a bit impatient, quick to insult the orthotics I had from another doctor, yet after many adjustments he never did get them right. Always in a rush. Also snappy and condescending to his nurses

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2707408].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2015

My ten year old son received phenomenal care from Dr. Feldman. Within minutes, Dr. Feldman diagnosed my sons chronic foot pain as tarsal coalition and sent him for immediate X-rays. The radiologist initially claimed the foot to look normal. Confident in the diagnosis, Dr. Feldman called the radiologist to discuss my son images. After revisiting the X-rays, the radiologist saw what Dr. Feldman saw and while I waited, sent over a new report confirming Dr. Feldman's diagnosis of tarsal coalition. Upon my request for my son to be seen at the Alberta Children's Hospital, Dr. Feldman sent a referral. Within days I received a phone call directly from the surgeon claiming that he had received the referral from Dr. Feldman. The surgeon agreed with the diagnosis as well as with Dr. Feldman's treatment plan for immediate surgery. If it wasn't for Dr. Feldman's knowledge, keen eye in looking at images, and assistance in referring us to ACH, my son's foot pain may have gone undiagnosed and continued indefinitely. Thank you Dr. Feldman, we are on the road to a pain free foot!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2601461].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

I had a bunionectomy here five years ago that seemed at the time to be carried out proficiently as far as I could tell. Unfortunately it was just before summer vacation and my aftercare was provided by a locum/inexperienced doctor. When Feldman returned he was not impressed with the way the 'healing' had gone and proceeded to inject steroids (painful) at the site several times, to no avail. The joint had self-fused with very little mobility remaining. He offered to redo the op a year later when I returned with nerve pain on the ball of my foot below the joint but I couldn't afford 6 weeks or whatever in a cast plus the remediation operation would have left me with a big toe pinned in the 10-15 degree positio - lovely! (The flirting didn't work with me either.)

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][965604].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2012

I had two hammertoes and a twisted toe fixed by Dr. Feldman. I've had many surgeries by other surgeons on my feet and I couldn't believe how little pain I felt after and the following few days after the surgery. He explains everything, is knowledgeable and yes sometimes I have to wait but he does apologize and I think is a very likeable guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][965603].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 26, 2012

I had bunion surgery with Dr. Feldman and I have been completely amazed at how pain free it has been. As he described, it was a hassle being in the cast, but really not very sore. I'm confused by other negative reviews. I don't think I have ever waited more than about 5-10 minutes (and I have been in the office many times). He certainly remembers who I am, although for a doctor to not always remember each patient, I think is forgivable. Staff has been great and orthotics I got there seem to fit well and be doing their job. I have put myself on the waiting list to get my other foot done. I don't hesitate to recommend him and already have many times.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][965602].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2012

Although he is helpful, knowledgeable and a decent surgeon, his bedside manner is questionable. I find he prefers to hear the sound of his own voice than to let me get a word in edgewise. My most recent experience with him consisted of being patronized and insulted for the shoes I wear, during a custom orthodic consult. I brought my flattest flats because I wanted to ensure the orthodics would fit comfortably in them. Instead he went on a rant about me being old enough to buy good shoes and although he went into detail about their lack of support, he treated me like I was stupid and cheap. Yes, I have lots of great shoes but I brought ones that happened to be the least supportive to make sure the orthodics would be versatile enough. To add insult to injury, when I was being casted he said something to one of his staff members and they both looked over at my shoes and I heard him make a snide comment. I'll take my orthodics and never return. 30 minutes late and unprofessional!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][965601].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2012

I have seen Dr.Feldman for more than 7 times this year and each time I come in for my appointment, he thinks I am a new patient. He did not explain to me the bunion surgery procedure in detail nor did he talk about the recovery process. When I asked about it, he gave me brochures to read instead of addressing the issues himself. He seems to be quite forgetful and uncaring for patient's concerns.Often times, he runs about 30mins to an hour late. One time he was available to see me after my surgery, so I had to see Dr.Mann. Dr.Mann was much more polite,knowledgeable and helpful. I recommend others to see Dr.Mann instead.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][965600].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2012

Dr. Ziv Feldman & his staff are OUTSTANDING!! I was treated with compassion & professionalism while getting the best results anyone could hope for. Left foot bunion done mid OCT'08 & skiing by end of DEC'08!! Having seen two previous Podiatrist & coming away with little confidence that my feet would be better it was a relief to find Ziv who is so enthusiastic about his work. THANK YOU!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][965599].votes_count ]]