Rate Dr. Ziv. Feldman

Dr. Ziv. Feldman's Ratings

I had a bunionectomy here five years ago that seemed at the time to be carried out proficiently as far as I could tell. Unfortunately it was just before summer vacation and my aftercare was provided by a locum/inexperienced doctor. When Feldman returned he was not impressed with the way the 'healing' had gone and proceeded to inject steroids (painful) at the site several times, to no avail. The joint had self-fused with very little mobility remaining. He offered to redo the op a year later when I returned with nerve pain on the ball of my foot below the joint but I couldn't afford 6 weeks or whatever in a cast plus the remediation operation would have left me with a big toe pinned in the 10-15 degree positio - lovely! (The flirting didn't work with me either.)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][965604].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2012

I had two hammertoes and a twisted toe fixed by Dr. Feldman. I've had many surgeries by other surgeons on my feet and I couldn't believe how little pain I felt after and the following few days after the surgery. He explains everything, is knowledgeable and yes sometimes I have to wait but he does apologize and I think is a very likeable guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][965603].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2012

I had bunion surgery with Dr. Feldman and I have been completely amazed at how pain free it has been. As he described, it was a hassle being in the cast, but really not very sore. I'm confused by other negative reviews. I don't think I have ever waited more than about 5-10 minutes (and I have been in the office many times). He certainly remembers who I am, although for a doctor to not always remember each patient, I think is forgivable. Staff has been great and orthotics I got there seem to fit well and be doing their job. I have put myself on the waiting list to get my other foot done. I don't hesitate to recommend him and already have many times.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][965602].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2012

Although he is helpful, knowledgeable and a decent surgeon, his bedside manner is questionable. I find he prefers to hear the sound of his own voice than to let me get a word in edgewise. My most recent experience with him consisted of being patronized and insulted for the shoes I wear, during a custom orthodic consult. I brought my flattest flats because I wanted to ensure the orthodics would fit comfortably in them. Instead he went on a rant about me being old enough to buy good shoes and although he went into detail about their lack of support, he treated me like I was stupid and cheap. Yes, I have lots of great shoes but I brought ones that happened to be the least supportive to make sure the orthodics would be versatile enough. To add insult to injury, when I was being casted he said something to one of his staff members and they both looked over at my shoes and I heard him make a snide comment. I'll take my orthodics and never return. 30 minutes late and unprofessional!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][965601].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2012

I have seen Dr.Feldman for more than 7 times this year and each time I come in for my appointment, he thinks I am a new patient. He did not explain to me the bunion surgery procedure in detail nor did he talk about the recovery process. When I asked about it, he gave me brochures to read instead of addressing the issues himself. He seems to be quite forgetful and uncaring for patient's concerns.Often times, he runs about 30mins to an hour late. One time he was available to see me after my surgery, so I had to see Dr.Mann. Dr.Mann was much more polite,knowledgeable and helpful. I recommend others to see Dr.Mann instead.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][965600].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2012

Dr. Ziv Feldman & his staff are OUTSTANDING!! I was treated with compassion & professionalism while getting the best results anyone could hope for. Left foot bunion done mid OCT'08 & skiing by end of DEC'08!! Having seen two previous Podiatrist & coming away with little confidence that my feet would be better it was a relief to find Ziv who is so enthusiastic about his work. THANK YOU!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][965599].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2011

I have had problems walking and putting any pressure on my right foot while walking for years, almost 10 at the time of my first surgery. A visit to Dr.Ziv and the suggestion of surgery, Done deal. What was supposed to take half an hour,and a half inch insition, he spent nearly 2 hours on my foot and fixed it way beyond what he had to. My second operation was done on the Left Big toe , and the same result. Excellent , I can walk , run , Chase my kids & bad guys ....Thank you very much Dr. Ziv ... Appreciate the time you spend on your client. See you again ... AL Swanky

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][965598].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2010

Had a bunionectomy that he messed up and blamed on my being "keloidal". So, I went to get tested for that condition and it was a bunch of hooey. He redid the surgery and messed it up further. I was unable to find other help in Calgary due to the fraternity of doctors that close ranks and refuse to comment on other MD's work. Went to US. My bunionectomy was overcorrected causing hallux varus. I spent thousands on physio, etc. and was made to feel the lace of surgical success was somehow my fault. His means of dealing with this was to flirt and be extra nice which I fell for temporarily. I have met others since who had similar experiences. He's a big talker, personable and basically only semi-competent. I wouldn't risk going to him for anything major. He may be able to do it, maybe not. I shudder that he teaches at the U of C.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][965597].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2010

I had my first bunion operation on my left foot in 2008 and am currently recovering from my right foot operation. I have always found Dr. Feldman and staff to be extremely helpful, courteous, professional and knowledgable. I was very reluctant and scared to have the bunion operation because of friends' unpleasant experiences and lengthly recoveries. But my bunions had become so painful I decided to risk it. I was amazed that I was able to walk and sit on an airplane on a twelve hour trip eight weeks after the first operation. On that trip, I was able to walk, shop and golf (much to my surprise). The second recovery is going even better. I would highly recommend Dr. Feldman to anyone requiring bunion surgery and have done so to friends and relatives. He has carefully explained each step of the surgery and recovery process and what to expect. (Reading some of these negative reviews makes me question their sanity). Gloria G.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][965596].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Feldman for orthotics. It took SIX appointments and two castings to get my orthotics anywhere close to being wearable. It's a total numbers game and while I found him pleasant enough, Dr Feldman doesn't have the time to take care of things properly and therefore is continually passing stuff off to others in the office. I believe it's important to delegate but not when delegating keeps resulting in poor results. His staff was rude when booking me and he ALWAYS runs at least 45 minutes to an hour behind. I can not recommend Dr. Feldman based on my experience with him and his office staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][965595].votes_count ]]