Dr. Anna H. Messner

Doctor (M.D.)

Location:
Palo Alto, California Map External Link
Gender:F
Specialty:Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)
Website:
Grad. Year: 1989

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. Anna H. Messner has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)-related: ears, nose, throat, hearing loss, tonsillitis, nasal surgery, endoscopy, laryngology, reconstructive surgery of the head and neck, thyroid surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery, swallowing disorders, sleep apnea, vertigo
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Anna" to "Anna H."

22/08/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "STANFORD" to "Palo Alto"
RID: 2570980
26/02/13 3 1 1 1 Was told by this dr to stop looking for something that would make us (parents) feel better for our sons hearing loss. After a year of negative pressure, abnormal tympanograms and being fitted for hearing aids she refused to place tubes in our sons ears even though 3 different audiologist who were following his case said they would benefit him. She was cold and very disinterested in a "boring" case. We left there after having seen the "best" completely broken hearted and still no answers. I'm happy to report that we did find an ENT who put tubes in and also VERY happy to report that our sons hearing normalized and no longer requires the use of hearing aids. Just some speech therapy to get him caught up and he will be keeping up with his peers throughout school and life. I would never recommend dr messner to anyone.
Paid (or co-pay): $500
See Responses
RID: 1512038
14/08/11 5 5 5 5 Great Dr. Always goes the extra way to address all of the concerns. Very helpful and kind. My son loves her. Extremely knowledgable in her area and extremely professional. The one person we trust with our complicatede ENT needs
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 534031
09/03/08 2 3 1 2 Not helpful. Seemed she couldn't get out of the room fast enough.
RID: 431925
20/10/07 2 5 2 3 I found her to be cold and uninterested in treating the long term problems my child was having with breathing. I was told she was "mainly a surgeon".
RID: 418800
26/09/07 5 4 5 5 Great Dr.
Insurance: United Healthcare