Dr. R. Gordon Robinson

Rate Dr. R. Gordon Robinson

Dr. R. Gordon Robinson's Ratings

I felt confident that this specialist would be able to help with my severe head pain + advancing neurological symptoms. He suggested meds but gave no diagnosis or tx that relieved or improved symptoms. Health continued to worsen + in the end he deferred to another specialty but was very kind and caring in his wording. Under another Dr, treatment for Lyme has been very successful !! Many of the neurological symptoms have cleared. Missed the Lyme diseaese diagnosis and treatment completely. But he IS a very kind and caring gentleman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2575252].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. G. Robinson to any who suffer from Trigeminal Neuralgia . After several years of multiple Doctors it was Dr. Robinsons diligence , dedication and attention to detail that gave me quality of life . His knowledge , caring nature and listening skills far exceeds that of others. Thank you Dr. Robinson .

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2512167].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2014

I came to Dr Robinson thinking I have vestibular migraines, which he does not think I have. We agreed to just try treating my chronic migraines to see if that helped. To my delight, his treatment helped not just my head pain but my dizziness. Dr Robinson is extremely knowledgeable about which migraine treatments/preventatives work best in which situations. He also is excellent at explaining medical information, and always willing to answer my questions - and always up to the minute on related research. As others have said, he is a headache specialist so see a regular neurologist or your GP as well if you are trying to get other issues diagnosed. Dr Robinson's assistant Donna has gone above and beyond the call of duty for me numerous times - she is always helpful and respectful, and incredibly professional. If you have intractable headaches this is the place to come.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2435504].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

Completely missed my multiple sclerosis. Didn't bother reading MRI reports or viewing images. Left me in variable pain -- at times extreme pain -- under his 'care' for 15 months. From the MRIs even I could see I had MS. He told me I did not have MS and that constipation had nothing to do with MS. It was obvious to me and every other doctor who looked at the MRI that I had MS. Glad I ordered my own copy of the MRI scan and got myself referred to a specialist in MS without waiting for him. He dismissed most of my concerns, telling me there was nothing he could do to help me. Really poor listening skills and does not follow up with appropriate questions. I guess I was a puzzle to him because I looked so 'normal', even in my clincial exams. But all of my complaints were there in black and white to see in the MRI with the brainstem lesions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][966561].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2014

I have had migraines for most of my life and are now chronic. Dr. Robinson understands what I'm dealing with and does everything in his power to make me feel I am not alone or a nuisance to the medical profession. I can't thank him enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][966563].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2013

I saw Dr. Robinson on march 14/13. I had high expectations, but they soon disappeared. He questioned my personal life going back 30 years, that had no bearing on my headaches today. I should have asked if he wanted to see my bank account, he wanted to know everything else. Just nothing today, or what can be done about it. He even refused to let my wife in to the inquisition. I left very disappointed. What a waste of my time. I'd never recommend this guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][966562].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2013

The doctor may be great but his assistant or receptionist is awful. Was referred in Feb 2012 and to date still haven't heard BOO from their office. Between my doctor and myself we have left over 5 messages and no one calls us back.......was expecting a long wait to get in, but not such a long wait just for a return phone call!! What happened to common decency? Do doctors forgot that if they didn't have patients they would be out of business? I am so tired of feeling like the doctor is doing me a favor by seeing me, when in essence, we as patients are their bread and butter!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][966560].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

It was an honour to be examined by this man . He was very professional and thorough in his examination and he actually listened to me regarding my symptoms, unlike some of the other neurologists I have had the misfortune to see . I would highly recommend him to anyone .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][966559].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2011

From what I have read on here, is that the problems in which people had with Dr. Robinson is problems in which your regular family physician should have dealt with first...like making sure there isn't any serious neurological problems...you go to see him because you need help with diff ideas on how to treat all kinds of headaches/migraines. He is an expert on what has worked the best and what hasn't worked so well. You see him because you have already been diagnosed NOT to be diagnosed! He is a specialist to which you have been advised to see because you regular GP does not have enough information on headache and migraine treatments. If you understand this before seeing him you will find him very knowledgable, and helpful and he will continue to help you until your feel your headaches/migraines are at a point where you can live with them...as you should know there is NO CURE for chronic headaches and migraines! He will also get you into a Pain Clinic if needed as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][966558].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

Dr Robinson has been treating me for Migraine headaches with Botox every 3 months for the past 7 years!! He does this free of charge as I am on disability and have incredible migraines. Dr Robinson and his assistant have been very kind and helpful to me. I could not hope for a better doctor. They are kind and caring and always there for me. I am thankful and lucky.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][966557].votes_count ]]