Rate Dr. Jerome Elliot Decker

Dr. Jerome Elliot Decker's Ratings

My family has used this doctor for years. We have always been treated wonderfully by the Dr. and staff. Dr. Decker takes time to explain the problem and the plan to fix it. We will be using him for all our orthopedic care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2625563].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

Avoid like the plague! I can't understand the high ratings for this doctor! Arrogant, obnoxious, and total lack of caring. I have had to use him twice for emergencies. Had tendonitis in my elbow, which he chose to treat by casting my arm for six weeks....had more pain when cast was removed. The last time was for a broken ankle. After several weeks of PT, my therapist called him because of swelling. He had me come in, and told me that since I was "no spring chicken" (in my forties at the time" I couldn't expect to heal properly! Ten years later, and it's still swollen! A joke!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2617847].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

Was injured at work and referred to Dr. Decker by the hospital. He jabbed a cortezone shot into my injured foot and told me to go back to work with an aircast. I informed him that I was a chef and couldn't work in a kitchen with an aircast. He told me I was good enoug to work half the time without said cast. I limped out of the office in more pain than I went in with. That was in 2011. My foot still hurts and has never been the same.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2500981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2014

Dr. Decker was the worst Dr I have EVER seen in my life!!! He was very ignorant and no compassion what-so-ever!!! He is a very arrogant man. I wouldn't even recommend him to my worst enemy. His conclusion for my injury was rest.. Then proceed to ask me why I even came to him!! Serious!! Like I wasted his precious time. I've never been treated so bad by any Dr, I've ever seen.. Please do NOT go to this Dr. As it's a waste of time for you and you will be treated very poorly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2481959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

If timelessness is a virtue, then this doctor is nevertheless, especially when combined with his bed side manners.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2435511].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014

Worst dr. experience. Arrived at 4:45 for 5pm appt and it took 20 mins to check-in. Was overchrged copay & told to straighten it out with billing myself. I had to insist that it be voided, was told it was, yet it appeared on my acct & took 5 days to reconcile and one call to their office. Had to waited 40 mins for dr. decker which he spent 3 mins. with me then left to have nurse fit a soft brace & then I had to wait about 40 mins again for him to look at my ankle. He never discussed my ankle xrays, just wrote a script for phys therapy. He was extremely indifferent to my wrist pain, condescending when I asked if I should return to work (I lift hvy items), never questioned my line of work. My work note had wrong diagnosis, had to call 2x's, and when I picked it up it was still wrong. Took 2 wks to get correct work note. Two friends also had negative experiences with this office. I saw Dr. Pollack 3 yrs ago for knee injury and loved him & his care, but still will not go back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][966699].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

Dr. Decker is excellent. He immediately put me at ease and explained all of the options available to me for a condition related to my wrist. I felt very comfortable in his presence and confident in his ability to make the correct diagnosis. I give him the highest recommendation, and would return to his office without hesitation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][966698].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2009

I was very happy that i went to deckers office. The people there were very nice and deckers work was great. He talked me through the whole process and never left me doubting him. I would diffently recommend him to anyuone I know.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][966697].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2009

Dr. Decker is truly a healer, my experience with him and his staff was wonderful. Everyone was friendly, punctual, professional, helpful, and made me feel valued as a patient. Thanks to Dr. Decker and his staff my surgery has resulted in an improved quality of life. God bless all of them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][966696].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2009

I have never been as comfortable going into surgery as I was with my recent wrist surgery with Dr. Decker. I would recommend Dr. Decker to my friends but it seems as if his reputation preceeds him. Dr. Decker's name is a known name in my area. The staff in the office are kind & professional. I had some scheduling problems which were taken care of quite promptly to my satisfaction. Dr. Decker's bedside manner and gentle touch are huge bonuses also.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][966695].votes_count ]]