Rate Dr. Rodney B. Ashworth

Dr. Rodney B. Ashworth's Ratings

Very down to earth, caring, compassionate doctor. Spends as much time as you need and is willing to explain anything that you might not fully understand. Seemed to be short staffed and mistakes were made in the billing which weren't discovered until months later; however, they were in the process of a merge.

Submitted May 10, 2013 | flag

Dr. Ashworth has been an excellent doctor and surgeon on every visit. He has been knowledgeable and helpful when answering my questions, very punctual (I have never had to wait past my appointment time), and is friendly to boot.

Submitted June 30, 2011 | flag

Dr. Ashworth has been a wonderful doctor througout pre-op and post-op. He did a total thyroidectomy in May 2009 to (hopefully) get rid of my thyroid cancer. I have had no problems so far and no problems with my incision site at all. He is very personable and makes the "jargon" easy to understand. He talked to us pre-op, contacted my wife during surgery for an update, and visited right after I got into my room. He is a general surgeon, but I feel he would give the same attention and time to anyone regardless of their operation. His office staff has also been on top of things, calling us exactly when they said they were going to be contacting us.

Submitted May 9, 2009 | flag

Dr. A is amazing. He just performed my cholecystectomy (gall bladder removal) and was willing to spend all the time we needed explaining the procedure to me and every office visit he remembered details about me without having to consult a nurse or chart. He was also very accomadating at getting the surgery done before my wedding with ample time to heal. He also knew I would be really into having pictures of the laproscopic procedure (I just think that kind of thing is cool) and made me copies before I even woke up! He knows his patients and his medicine. I'd let him cut me up again, but I hope I don't have to!

Submitted Jan. 31, 2009 | flag

This guy saved my life. He cares about his patients and he will shoot you straight.

Submitted Oct. 14, 2008 | flag

I had an umbilical hernia and the entire experience with Dr Ashworth and his office was exceptional. The initial consult was thorough and he was more than willing to spend as much time with me as necessary. When I finally was ready to schedule the surgery, he was very flexible and worked with me to get it completed before the end of the year for insurance purposes. Great doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Feb. 5, 2008 | flag

Does general surgery, some small things like removing cysts, in office. Very helpful and answers questions. Cares for patients and follows up on results. Located at 12201 Renfert Way, Ste 335, Austin 78758

Submitted Sept. 24, 2007 | flag