Rate Dr. Daniel A. Ekkens

Dr. Daniel A. Ekkens's Ratings

Dr. Ekkens has been a wonderful doctor for the past ten years. No matter how busy his schedule, he always makes the time to talk, asks about my family, and make sure I leave with a complete understanding of whatever is going on. He is very professional and personable. I highly recommend him.

Submitted Oct. 23, 2007 | flag

Ekkens is my primary doctor, treating me for chronic Lyme Disease and associated problems. He is thoughtful, personable, and listens. Responds in an understandable way to my questions. When he recommends treatment or lab tests he gives information for and against and is considerate of my decision. Stays aware of current info on Lyme; is willing to consider info I have garnered through support group,LD organizations and research cited on the web. While not a "pill doc", he is not hesitant to suggest symptomatic control medicines. When I waited to take pain meds until I couldn't stand it any longer, he gave me a highly rated medical book to read about the physiological consequences of pain and why one should take the pain meds before the pain is too great. Educated me rather than dictated. Always kind.Takes off-time urgent phone calls. Punctuality problems due to the time given to patients. I am fortunate to have him, LD-literate drs are difficult to find and cannot take new patients.

Submitted Sept. 23, 2007 | flag