Dr. Jeffrey E. Hazlewood

Grad. Year: 1992

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 1.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 20 reviews. Dr. Jeffrey E. Hazlewood has a poor overall rating on RateMDs.com. frown

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab-related: pain relief, physical rehabilitation, stroke recovery, accident recovery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5671309
23/07/14 4 4 5 5 Very friendly and helpful. I think the fact that he doesn't allow his patients to get addicted to pain meds is a plus. If I needed something he gave it to me but I seldom asked. He was great about getting PT approved instead of meds which I preferred. When it was time to go back to the surgeon because of a torn RTC he was a big help in getting the paperwork sent in. I would highly recommend him.
RID: 5436288

01/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 1.5  Respond

27/10/13 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Jeffrey" to "Jeffrey E."
RID: 2884903
29/09/13 3 2 1 1 Dr Hazelwood is the most arrogant un-caring Dr I have ever seen in my life. He does not care about you as a person or your quality of life. He does just enough to get paid by workmans comp. I f you want to have a non-drug treatment he will not even discuss it with you nor will he allow you to question your treatment. Please do NOT pick this Dr to go to if your in pain.
RID: 2755898

07/08/13 1 1 1 1
RID: 2703553

08/07/13 1 1 1 1 I hate to go to see him,he is so unprofessional he always makes me feel so bad,because is like you are there for no reason,and you are acting about your pain,he is THE WORSE DOCTOR THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN,if I have to go to see him is because I need help with my pain,but he always make me feel like I am drug addict..if I am taking the medication is because I need it..NOT because I like it..I have enough with my pain and suffering and the top of that I have to deal with this nightmare '' unprofessional Doctor '' HE'S NOT THERE TO HELP.YOU, HE IS THERE FOR THE.INSURANCE COMPANY
RID: 2484068
27/11/12 1 1 1 1 I am a workers comp case. I have been for years. He was the last doctor that I have seen for my injury through workers comp. I have three crushed vertebrae. I have for years now. He told me my injury was in a different part of my spine and that I shouldnt have any pain. When I really hurt like hell. Any person who has had a workers comp case and was sent to him, and had negative treatment. I would seek legal counsil. I already have on him.  Respond
RID: 2470173
09/11/12 1 4 4 5 Dr. Hazlewood and his main nurse (her name was one the door sign) were very nice, very professional. The person you deal with on the phone for medication (not the receptionist, the female back in the office). Well, I don't want to call her what I think of her. She flat out lied to me, and on my form. However, I knew the doctor would believe her over me, so I just signed it and left (was dismissed for being 10 pills short).
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2432879

25/09/12 1 1 1 1
RID: 2400839

14/08/12 1 1 1 1
RID: 1688423

16/01/12 1 1 1 1
RID: 1637088

17/11/11 1 1 1 1 THIS IS THE WORST DOC I HAVE EVER BEEN TO HE MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE A DRUG ADDICT IF YOU NEED RELIEF FROM PAIN. HIS STAFF IS TERRIBLE AND ARE NOT HELPFUL AT ALL. HE WILL TELL YOU TO LOOSE WEIGHT IF YOU ARE HAVING BACK TROUBLE AND YOU ARE STUCK WITH IT FOR LIFE.
See Responses
RID: 1541396
19/09/11 2 2 1 1 Dr Hazelwood is a workers comp dr. does not seem to care about your health and long term care, just that return vist, and dont be late, this doctor will not rate you nor give you enoung meds from one vist to the next,He is not in my case a doctor for me. My ins co says I have to go to him for my pain management and 8 spinal injections every three months, he does what the ins co wants and they like It I dont,
RID: 1395363
23/03/11 1 1 1 1 This doctor spent a total of ten minutes with me before declaring a "diagnosis" with no imaging done after I was involved in a high-speed crash while on the job (I'm a police officer). He sent me to Premier Radiology in Mt. Juliet and had the tech put injections in the wrong part of my spine, causing me to have sciatica (which I did not have before those injections). His nurse refused to relay the msg that I was in severe pain, therefore I had excrutiating pain for weeks before I was able to go to a different doctor. If I could rate him as a zero I would.
See Responses
RID: 1198093
28/06/10 1 1 1 1
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1183045
04/06/10 2 3 1 1 This doctor seemed more interested in what would be good for the insurance company than what would be the best treatment for me. He would not see me for one visit which I was only 8 minutes late for. I had driven 35 minutes to get to his office and waited 20 minutes before they told me. He refused to send me for physical therapy because he said it would cost the insurance company too much. He also refused to prescribe enough medication to hold the pain down to a manageable level. He showed little to no compassion and never questioned me as to how the pain was effecting my personal life or work. I have never been treated in such a way by any physician. I'm a professional in the healthcare field and would not recommend this physician to anyone.
RID: 1088525
25/01/10 1 1 1 1 Nothing but a Quack for Workers Comp, this man should have his licence pulled. Had 2 fractures to the back, he told me nothing wrong with me, and there wasnt nothing he was going to do for me. His is a complete ass, as were his staff that I saw. The man gave me epileptic seziure medicine for 2 fractures to my back, extreme back, and left leg pain, and he tells me there is nothing wrong with me, and he wasnt going to do anything to help me. I take the seziure medicine, get sick within 2 hours of taking it, call them back to tell them, they put me on another seziure medicine same thing. I call them back to tell them, and they tell me well to bad, were not going to give you anything for your pain, "you will just have to tough it out until you come back and see us" exact quote from his nurse Meagan. If you are sent here through Workers Comp, you will be just as screwed as I have been by this man. Dont let him work on you, see you or anything else. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR HE IS A QUACK!
RID: 751723
30/12/08 2 1 1 1 He is for sure a Workers Comp Dr. 2 months after having back surgery he wanted to take me off all my med which where narcotics. Since seeing him I had to get all my meds filled through his office. He did tell me I was coming off the meds no matter what. Once he did not write the right amount of med to get me back to his office appointment. Then the second from the last visit with him he had me do a drug test, which I failed, but what is funny is I took my meds which I had to have filled through his office. Then the last visit, he told me he could not write any more narcotics to me. But I could try to get another Dr to write them for me, if I could find one. What is so funny is he told me I was coming off them, then I fail a drug test which I have to get my meds filled through him. I will not every see him again.
RID: 634025
08/07/08 1 2 1 2 DR. HAZLEWOOD'S STAFF DID NOT RELAY INFORMATION PROPERLY TO DR. HAZLEWOOD, THEY WERE VERY SLOW AT RETURNING PHONE CALLS AND AS A PROFESSIONAL I WOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED IF I HAD TALKED TO MY CUSTOMERS THE WAY THEY SPOKE TO ME. DR. HAZLEWOOD WAS LESS THAN COMPASIONATE, AND I FEEL HE LACKED A GOOD BEDSIDE MANNER. HE DID NOT LISTEN TO ME AS A PATIENT. HE CONCLUDED HIS OWN OPINIONS BEFORE THE EXAM WAS COMPLETE. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND DR. HAZLEWOOD TO ANYONE......
RID: 620617
22/06/08 2 4 1 1 Went to him for years with no problems until he sent me to Baker for an epidural injection. The proceedure went very wrong & I ended up with a 5 day spinal fluid leakage headache because no one from either his office or Baker's would return my call. Baker said it was impossible for a leakage problem immediately after the proceedure but it sure happened to me! Hazelwood saw me for a while after that (just long enough for me to not file malpractice,I guess!), then had his nurse call to cancel my last appt & say he couldn't see me anymore. Most of the time I went to his office I only saw his practitioner & not him (except the very next visit after Baker screwed up my back!).
Insurance: Aetna